The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Possibly Stupid Question

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
TinyMuffin
Visit My Farm

Possibly Stupid Question

Post by TinyMuffin »

I'm sorry but I'm new to this game and can't find the answer anywhere (or overlooked it), what is a purse in competitions? Again, I'm sorry if this is a very simple question
Avacodos2
Visit My Farm

Re: Possibly Stupid Question

Post by Avacodos2 »

TinyMuffin wrote:I'm sorry but I'm new to this game and can't find the answer anywhere (or overlooked it), what is a purse in competitions? Again, I'm sorry if this is a very simple question
In simplest forms, a purse in competitions refers to the total amount of money dedicated to being paid out to the top finishers of a particular race. Oh yes! And welcome to HWO! If you need any help feel free to ask :D
Saturn
Visit My Farm

Post by Saturn »

Test
Cookie_Girl
Visit My Farm

Post by Cookie_Girl »

TinyMuffin wrote:I'm sorry but I'm new to this game and can't find the answer anywhere (or overlooked it), what is a purse in competitions? Again, I'm sorry if this is a very simple question
Welcome to HWO!!

I agree with what's been said. A purse is basically the total amount of money that will be divided between the top 5 winners of, say, a race.

If you ever need any thoroughbreds, let me know!

Once again, welcome!!
TinyMuffin
Visit My Farm

Post by TinyMuffin »

Cookie_Girl wrote:
Welcome to HWO!!

I agree with what's been said. A purse is basically the total amount of money that will be divided between the top 5 winners of, say, a race.

If you ever need any thoroughbreds, let me know!

Once again, welcome!!
Thank you both! This game kinda confused me
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

TinyMuffin wrote:
Thank you both! This game kinda confused me
Take your time. There is a lot of help around. Ask what questions you need (especially if you can't find them).
My quick links (found in my signature) has a topic line-up for the most often visited topics and a bit of newbie-help topics.

5 approved posts will see your forum posts no longer needing approval and at that time you'll then have access to chat.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Kiranell
Visit My Farm

Post by Kiranell »

Relatedly, is there a limit on how many people can enter a competition? I've seen numbers between 1 and hundreds, and I can't make sense of it.
Avacodos3
Visit My Farm

Post by Avacodos3 »

Kiranell wrote:Relatedly, is there a limit on how many people can enter a competition? I've seen numbers between 1 and hundreds, and I can't make sense of it.
As far as I know, there isn't currently a limit on how many people can enter a competition :)
Kiranell
Visit My Farm

Post by Kiranell »

Avacodos3 wrote:
Kiranell wrote:Relatedly, is there a limit on how many people can enter a competition? I've seen numbers between 1 and hundreds, and I can't make sense of it.
As far as I know, there isn't currently a limit on how many people can enter a competition :)
That answers that, I suppose. :P thanks!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Kiranell wrote:
Avacodos3 wrote: As far as I know, there isn't currently a limit on how many people can enter a competition :)
That answers that, I suppose. :P thanks!
To expand a little.
Competitions that allow a single account to enter more than one horse are entirely unlimited. But competitions that allow only one horse per account are limited to 'two competition accounts'. Which means that if more than two horses are entered into the same competition from multiple accounts owned by one person, that person could theoretically have all of their accounts banned (this has already happened in the past, a couple times).

For the rules on multiple accounts, please look here:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12916
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21779

Competition entry explained by admin (see 'Tom's post):
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32285

And also, the competition entry limits (see the 'Rolling Disciplines' section specifically):
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8386
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:40 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:40 am