The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Daily Messages Help!

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
othynius
Visit My Farm

Daily Messages Help!

Post by othynius »

Hello! I was just wondering if there's a way to see all your messages that you get for every turn? I have a lot of horses and since this is my breeding barn I don't feed all of them, just let them graze. By the time I take my next turn I'm bombarded by energy messages, luckily I get notifications when my mares foal but I've missed quite a few horses when they become breeding age. Is there a way to turn breeding age notification on maybe?
FantasyRanch2
Visit My Farm

Re: Daily Messages Help!

Post by FantasyRanch2 »

othynius wrote:Hello! I was just wondering if there's a way to see all your messages that you get for every turn? I have a lot of horses and since this is my breeding barn I don't feed all of them, just let them graze. By the time I take my next turn I'm bombarded by energy messages, luckily I get notifications when my mares foal but I've missed quite a few horses when they become breeding age. Is there a way to turn breeding age notification on maybe?
There is no way to get a notification when horses hit breeding age. If you have that many horses with low energy you may want to 1) only put half of the number of horses in a pasture, if you have 13 horses in one pasture and they are ALL eating the grass there's not enough to keep the energy up. On the other hand you can feed them something just enough to keep their energy at 105% (I keep mine at this for when I change their pasture or when they get older) and nothing more, keeping it as cheap as you can, when I get my games like this it's awesome, bit I didn't remember to change them every time I get new foals so it doesn't lats long :roll:

Hope this helps
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

othynius wrote:Hello! I was just wondering if there's a way to see all your messages that you get for every turn? I have a lot of horses and since this is my breeding barn I don't feed all of them, just let them graze. By the time I take my next turn I'm bombarded by energy messages, luckily I get notifications when my mares foal but I've missed quite a few horses when they become breeding age. Is there a way to turn breeding age notification on maybe?
FantasyRanch2 has both good suggestions and good answers.

In addition, you may want to move your foals to their own pasture. In this way, when they age up and you miss a notification, all you need to do is to check your foal pasture about once a year (once every 24 turns used). That way, when they age up to breeding status, simply breed them and move them to an adult pasture.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
othynius
Visit My Farm

Post by othynius »

BlackOak2 wrote:
FantasyRanch2 has both good suggestions and good answers.

In addition, you may want to move your foals to their own pasture. In this way, when they age up and you miss a notification, all you need to do is to check your foal pasture about once a year (once every 24 turns used). That way, when they age up to breeding status, simply breed them and move them to an adult pasture.
Thank you for both replies, I do have a foal pasture!
For the feeding part, it's not to bad of an idea, I'm not hard pressed for money, I just constantly forget and I feel like feeding them is a lot of work but for the sake of catching when they are breeding age I might have to go that direction :lol: Thanks again!
ElizabethTurner1996
Visit My Farm

Help with foal

Post by ElizabethTurner1996 »

All of my adult horses seem to recieve a sufficient amount of energy but i keep getting messages about my foal not getting enough energy but my mare seems to be pretty healthy not gonna lie she is fat as a cow. but i don't understand why the foal isn't getting the energy he needs because i can't feed him yet he is still on the mares milk.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Re: Help with foal

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

ElizabethTurner1996 wrote:All of my adult horses seem to recieve a sufficient amount of energy but i keep getting messages about my foal not getting enough energy but my mare seems to be pretty healthy not gonna lie she is fat as a cow. but i don't understand why the foal isn't getting the energy he needs because i can't feed him yet he is still on the mare's milk.
SOMEONE, PLEASE HELP ME!
You can try putting the said foal in a barn with enough extra feed to tide him over. That plus the mare's milk will hopefully return him to having enough energy :)

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Help with foal

Post by BlackOak2 »

ElizabethTurner1996 wrote:All of my adult horses seem to recieve a sufficient amount of energy but i keep getting messages about my foal not getting enough energy but my mare seems to be pretty healthy not gonna lie she is fat as a cow. but i don't understand why the foal isn't getting the energy he needs because i can't feed him yet he is still on the mares milk.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

Adding to the reply you already received from Gabby_Woodlark.

You don't need to worry about losing your foal. It Will Not Die from not getting enough energy. In fact, NO horse will die from being too fat or too thin. They can only 'go on to greener pastures' from old age (that option opens on their 17th birthday and creeps upward slowly with every turn thereafter).

Foals under 6 months will struggle to eat enough as they grow. Keep them in lush pasture and it will help. Foals will still have some trouble up until their 2nd birthday. But at 6 months, you can put them on weight gain to help.

At about 8 months (after being put on weight gain) and staying in a lush pasture, most foals will stop throwing those notifications.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:04 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:04 pm