The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Time + Foals

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
AfricaGirl
Visit My Farm

Time + Foals

Post by AfricaGirl »

Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions:

How does time work on the game? How many 'days' are in each season?

Also, how do the turns work? If it says '6 turns', does this mean it is six turns until the next season, or that I have six turns to use up??

I also wanted to know if foal colours are affected by genetics, or are they random? My two bay arabs just had a chestnut foal... but I also see that as she is growing the colour is changing!
RummyTummy
Visit My Farm

Re: Time + Foals

Post by RummyTummy »

AfricaGirl wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions:

Also, how do the turns work? If it says '6 turns', does this mean it is six turns until the next season, or that I have six turns to use up??

I also wanted to know if foal colours are affected by genetics, or are they random? My two bay arabs just had a chestnut foal... but I also see that as she is growing the colour is changing!
Hi! Those are very good questions! I cannot answer the first question, because i myself don't even know the answer :lol:

But your second question is something i can answer. Your 6 turns is how much you have to use up. You use them up by pressing the moon icon. For non-uprgaded people like you, every 20 minutes you claim a turn. You also have a max of 6 turns, so for how long you wait you cannot pass 6 turns unless you upgrade. Understand?

Horse coat colors in this game is very genetic-related! And it is very normal that your bay or wild bay foal is chestnut-colored! In this game, foals have a very different coloring then when they age to full-grown. Here is a picture of bay or wild bay foals:
(Coming)
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

AfricaGirl wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions:

Compounding on what RummyTummy said, time works in the sense of Turns. Each Turn is thereabouts one half of a month in-game I believe. That'd be two Turns per month, twenty-four Turns to an in-game year, and possibly six Turns per season if the in-game year's split into fourths rather than a more hyper-realistic grouping. (I say this because I'm pretty sure certain seasons are veeeeery slightly longer or shorter than others IRL) I've never really paid attention to the changing of seasons and such, so I might be off on my numbers.

In order to pass time, you click on the Moon Icon with three "Z"s. This will move you forward that half of a month and use a Banked Turn. All accounts have a number of Banked Turns, which are stored for you to use later. The basic account has a maximum of six Banked Turns at a time. You regain one Turn every twenty minutes so long as you have room for it. Some people pay to have the maximum number of Banked Turns be larger, and some people pay for the regeneration rate of their Turns to be faster. If my theory of six turns per season is correct, then each time you use all six of your Banked Turns in succession you should see the season change.

As for foal colors, the game does run on genetics. Sometimes the foal pictures are not immediately obvious as to what color it is, and you get some surprise changes as they age. Over time, however, you'll get more familiar with the subtle colors in a foal that indicate Bay from Chestnut, for example. Bays, for example, will have slightly darker legs, manes, and tails than Chestnuts when they're born. It looks like all of your current horses are Bays.

This is a good visual show of what different colors look like on the game's horses. It has a small section showing the very basic foal colors: Chestnut, Black, Seal, and Bay. It then mainly shows only the adult coats for other colors. It's what I started out using and, though incomplete, has been amazing for learning and identifying colors. It's also helped me learn more about equine genetics as it has details about those.

While colors are a part of the game, you don't necessarily have to do them. If you don't want to worry about identifying all of the different colors yourself, then there's also this forum section in general where you can make a post and have others identify the colors of your horses. I pop in when I can to do some of them, but there's a lot of dedicated people who often get there before I do! :lol:
AfricaGirl
Visit My Farm

Post by AfricaGirl »

Thanks so much to both of you for your help!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:10 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:10 pm