The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Help with foal

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Help with foal

Post by EclipticEnd »

ElizabethTurner1996 wrote:All of my adult horses seem to recieve a sufficient amount of energy but i keep getting messages about my foal not getting enough energy but my mare seems to be pretty healthy not gonna lie she is fat as a cow. but i don't understand why the foal isn't getting the energy he needs because i can't feed him yet he is still on the mares milk.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!
Quoted you out of that other topic as to not accidentally hijack it.

You probably don't have a high enough grass quality in your pasture for your foal to eat enough; this means that you probably have too many horses in your pasture and you need to either remove some or you need to get a new pasture or barn to balance them between. The other horses are simply grazing down all of the grass, and there's not quite enough left for your foal.

Note that barns require you to supply all of the horse's feed, so it's more expensive to maintain than a pasture and is better kept purely for competition horses to maintain their weight and/or temperament. Pastures are better for horses that you're breeding and for those who are just starting out as it offers free feed for your horses.

Luckily this isn't really an issue gameplay-wise unless you're training your foal starting when it's just been born. There's not really a debuff at the moment if your foal's underweight or not eating enough save for energy and weight loss, and once it hits 6 months of age you'll be able to supplement it's diet with other feed and help it regain its weight and keep it from losing energy each turn.

You can find more information on feeding your horses in this post by Silverine.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:37 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:37 pm