The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Viewing Question

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Viewing Question

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

Okay, first things first: I looked everywhere for a topic asking the same thing as this one but couldn't find any questions or answers about it- So I'm making one.

How does the viewing system work? One topic has around 11k views and I'm not sure if 11k people have viewed it or if it has multiple views by a small group of people.

Confused here ^^'
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Viewing Question

Post by BlackOak2 »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:Okay, first things first: I looked everywhere for a topic asking the same thing as this one but couldn't find any questions or answers about it- So I'm making one.

How does the viewing system work? One topic has around 11k views and I'm not sure if 11k people have viewed it or if it has multiple views by a small group of people.

Confused here ^^'
It counts every time a visitor goes to the page, regardless of if they've already visited it or not.

I'm pretty sure it only counts actual accounts' viewing and not visitors. It may count guests, but I'm not sure how guests are set up on the game. I may have known about how guests are set up... maybe back when I was a newbie. :P But not anymore.

I'm of the belief that it only counts actual account visits. But you can make the counter move just by visiting your own forum. I've watched it count up for me when I go back and save reply slots or even when I edit forums. So, even when you post your topic, then go back to review it, you'll count too. :mrgreen:

So, to be clear, this is what happens:
...multiple views by a...group of people.
But unknown by exactly who. (at least unknown by me, admin may or may not have actual hard info on that part.)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:Okay, first things first: I looked everywhere for a topic asking the same thing as this one but couldn't find any questions or answers about it- So I'm making one.

Confused here ^^'
It counts every time a visitor goes to the page, regardless of if they've already visited it or not.

I'm pretty sure it only counts actual accounts' viewing and not visitors. It may count guests, but I'm not sure how guests are set up on the game. I may have known about how guests are set up... maybe back when I was a newbie. :P But not anymore.

I'm of the belief that it only counts actual account visits. But you can make the counter move just by visiting your own forum. I've watched it count up for me when I go back and save reply slots or even when I edit forums. So, even when you post your topic, then go back to review it, you'll count too. :mrgreen:

...multiple views by a...group of people.
But unknown by exactly who. (at least unknown by me, admin may or may not have actual hard info on that part.)
I actually tested it afterwards; I logged out and was a guest. I viewed a topic and them got out of it and refreshed, and continued doing it. I eventually added 30 views to that post as a guest XD

You would think admin would be able to view it- Since they are admin and all... But who knows?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

I actually tested it afterwards; I logged out and was a guest. I viewed a topic and them got out of it and refreshed, and continued doing it. I eventually added 30 views to that post as a guest XD

You would think admin would be able to view it- Since they are admin and all... But who knows?
Well, that answers that part! :lol:

I think, it would depend on how admin has it set up in the statistics analysis they have and then also, what type of behind-the-scenes information they have. I don't know how much information a program could have written into it as a statistics analysis and then I don't know how much they may have 'turned on' to view it. The behind-the-scenes is an entirely different monster altogether! :lol:

What made you interested in asking the question anyway? Wanted to see how many views one of your posts was inviting? :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote: I actually tested it afterwards; I logged out and was a guest. I viewed a topic and them got out of it and refreshed, and continued doing it. I eventually added 30 views to that post as a guest XD

Well, that answers that part! :lol:

I think, it would depend on how admin has it set up in the statistics analysis they have and then also, what type of behind-the-scenes information they have. I don't know how much information a program could have written into it as a statistics analysis and then I don't know how much they may have 'turned on' to view it. The behind-the-scenes is an entirely different monster altogether! :lol:

What made you interested in asking the question anyway? Wanted to see how many views one of your posts was inviting? :mrgreen:
True, not all games hold all information. It simply would be too much :lol:

The reason I asked was because my Frens <3 topic has 12k views and I found it basically impossible for 12k people to view my topic, if you k ow what I mean xD
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote: True, not all games hold all information. It simply would be too much :lol:

The reason I asked was because my Frens <3 topic has 12k views and I found it basically impossible for 12k people to view my topic, if you k ow what I mean xD
Ah, I see! Well... depending on the topic, the views will come. Just takes time and needs. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:11 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:11 am