The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Another breed creation question

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Rose90067
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Another breed creation question

Post by Rose90067 »

So, I've been working on a breed creation project for a little while now. Sometimes I have a lot of success quickly, others it takes a longgg time lol. I've actually felt like I was having a lot of success with my recent project until my mares threw these two horses:

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3710315
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3710312

My previous understanding was that if I had the right breeds in the mix, and the foals were born with 4/4 eval for my target breed, I would end up with the target breed, but these two horses are exactly that (for latvian harness) but are not my target breed, they are just a mix.

Is is just that not every 4/4 eval foal will pick up the breed? Or have I messed up somewhere else? Would love to here any input on this so I can add it to my breed creation notes :D
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Another breed creation question

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

Evaluations are out of 5, not 4. Sometimes 4s will turn out the resulting breed anyways, but not all the time.
Rose90067
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Rose90067 »

Cypress Creek Elites wrote:Evaluations are out of 5, not 4. Sometimes 4s will turn out the resulting breed anyways, but not all the time.
Okay ty! What if they are overall 5*? These two are 5
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Rose90067 wrote:
Cypress Creek Elites wrote:Evaluations are out of 5, not 4. Sometimes 4s will turn out the resulting breed anyways, but not all the time.
Even perfectly evaluated foals are still a coin-flip whether they'll be the new breed or not. In the past, we've even had 3-star foals born of the correct breed, although that's incredibly rare.

But if you've had 5 star (or even 4 star) foals born from a specific pair, keep going, one of these times, your new breed will be born.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Rose90067 wrote:
Even perfectly evaluated foals are still a coin-flip whether they'll be the new breed or not. In the past, we've even had 3-star foals born of the correct breed, although that's incredibly rare.

But if you've had 5 star (or even 4 star) foals born from a specific pair, keep going, one of these times, your new breed will be born.

Just to second what Blackoak has said... its a game of chance. Personally, I often breed the same pair 3-4 times when attempting to create a new breed. 3 of the times you can have foals that totally miss the evaluation, and once its a hit...
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:19 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:19 pm