The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

How to Change Temperament

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
SR121
Visit My Farm

How to Change Temperament

Post by SR121 »

I want to breed barrel horses and I know temperament matters for how well they do in competitions, so I was wondering how to change temperaments. Do you feed them differently or is there something else?
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Re: How to Change Temperament

Post by Emlyn »

SR121 wrote:I want to breed barrel horses and I know temperament matters for how well they do in competitions, so I was wondering how to change temperaments. Do you feed them differently or is there something else?
Weight/Temperament:

To lower a horse's weight decrease the percentage of feed it is receiving. The total is located right above the "protein" bar under the feed. Put horses in the barn at 2 years, and it is easier to adjust weight and temperament. If you want the horses to lose wight lower the percentage to about 95-90% then once to the weight you want, but the feed back up to 100%.
Here is the order the weights go:
poor, very thin, thin, moderate thin, moderate, mod fleshy, fleshy, fat, V fat

To lower the temperament have the horse eat more fiber [grass, hay, alfalfa, etc] and to have it raised have the horse eat more sugar [Sweet feed and yellow corn]. Keep in mind it will not always change, especially Bomb proof horses, but it can!

If you go up to the header titled "Feeding" then click on the question mark it will show you what is high in fiber and what is low is sugar, vise versa
Really good Comp guide ^-^
like to be a lady living in the country with lots of horses and dogs.”
― Queen Elizabeth II

Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

To add to this, it is nearly impossible to feed your horse enough fiber to lower their temperament unless you have them in a pasture. So if you're working with a horse that you need to remain on the calmer side, you'll probably have to keep them in a pasture at least part of the time.
SR121
Visit My Farm

Post by SR121 »

Thank you!
keefesassy
Visit My Farm

Post by keefesassy »

So I was reading this topic because I have a horse that I want to race, but their temperament is calm. I played around with the food and tried to feed lots of sugar, but somehow it backfired and... uh... now he's bombproof. :? Is there anyway I can fix this? Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. :D

This is the horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3721194

edit: I went back and changed the feed to just sugar feed, and now he's calm again. The only problem is he's still not where I need him to be in terms of temperament and he's not at the weight I want him to be.
Gabby Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby Woodlark »

keefesassy wrote:So I was reading this topic because I have a horse that I want to race, but their temperament is calm. I played around with the food and tried to feed lots of sugar, but somehow it backfired and... uh... now he's bombproof. :? Is there anyway I can fix this? Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. :D

edit: I went back and changed the feed to just sugar feed, and now he's calm again. The only problem is he's still not where I need him to be in terms of temperament and he's not at the weight I want him to be.
I'd say to keep him on as much sugar as he can digest. With that, he'll slowly but surely reach High Strung. His weight can be solved with weight gain mix, also as much as he can digest. Hope this helps :)
keefesassy
Visit My Farm

Post by keefesassy »

Gabby Woodlark wrote:
keefesassy wrote:So I was reading this topic because I have a horse that I want to race, but their temperament is calm. I played around with the food and tried to feed lots of sugar, but somehow it backfired and... uh... now he's bombproof. :? Is there anyway I can fix this? Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. :D

I'd say to keep him on as much sugar as he can digest. With that, he'll slowly but surely reach High Strung. His weight can be solved with weight gain mix, also as much as he can digest. Hope this helps :)
Thank you sooo much!! :D I'll do that.

PS: Thank you for the free help with my mare and breeding her to one of your stallions. It really helped me out and just shows how friendly people are on here.
Gabby Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby Woodlark »

keefesassy wrote:
Gabby Woodlark wrote: I'd say to keep him on as much sugar as he can digest. With that, he'll slowly but surely reach High Strung. His weight can be solved with weight gain mix, also as much as he can digest. Hope this helps :)
Thank you sooo much!! :D I'll do that.

PS: Thank you for the free help with my mare and breeding her to one of your stallions. It really helped me out and just shows how friendly people are on here.
It's no problem, really :)

There are a ton of really kind players on this website, you just have to look a little closer ;) I'm simply just one of them :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:24 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:24 am