The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

HELP PLEASE

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Boobibird
Visit My Farm

HELP PLEASE

Post by Boobibird »

So I just bought a barn, and I have maxed out all the horses' feed- each one is supposed to be getting 400 daily energy. But, every day it says that they are not eating enough for energy! I don't understand this. Please help me.
shadowheart2006
Visit My Farm

Re: HELP PLEASE

Post by shadowheart2006 »

Boobibird wrote:So I just bought a barn, and I have maxed out all the horses' feed- each one is supposed to be getting 400 daily energy. But, every day it says that they are not eating enough for energy! I don't understand this. Please help me.
If the horse is eating too much feed it will lose energy rather than gaining it. This means that maxing out all four feed slots is not actually a good idea. The horses should be just around 100%. If you want them to gain weight, set one feeding slot to 100% and another to 10%. If you want them to lose weight, set their feed to 95%. On my horses I generally do 100% performance mix (or yellow corn if I want to raise temperament as well) and 10% weight gain mix to increase weight. Also keep in mind that some feeds, like hay or alfalfa hay, are much heavier than others, so they need to be fed in smaller amounts to keep the correct weight.

Basically, if the horse is eating too much it will lose weight and energy. You can tell if your horse is eating too much by looking underneath the "Feeding" tab of the horse's profile. If the numbers next to Regular Feed and Max Feed are red, the horse is eating too much and will lose energy.

Hope this helps! :)
The price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings.
If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts.

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.
MysticMoney
Visit My Farm

Post by MysticMoney »

Boobibird wrote:So I just bought a barn, and I have maxed out all the horses' feed- each one is supposed to be getting 400 daily energy. But, every day it says that they are not eating enough for energy! I don't understand this. Please help me.
This glitch happens to me all the time. If you move the horse into a pasture for a few turns, it usually resolves it.
Boobibird
Visit My Farm

Post by Boobibird »

THANKYOU GUYS SO MUCH!!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

MysticMoney wrote:
This glitch happens to me all the time. If you move the horse into a pasture for a few turns, it usually resolves it.
It's not a glitch. Or, it doesn't sound like one.

Something you should be made aware of, the feed goes to the horse from the first feed down and is alphabetical. So if you're feeding 100% hay and 100% weight gain, your horse will be stuffing their gullet on they hay and not even getting to the weight gain, which means your horse is actually under-eating what it needs for daily requirements.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:19 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:19 pm