The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

New breed creation

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm

New breed creation

Post by K's Eventing »

I have a question about creating a breed from scratch. Would you need to unlock the quest for breeding the breed to breed the breed?
rosie0922
Visit My Farm

Re: New breed creation

Post by rosie0922 »

K's Eventing wrote:I have a question about creating a breed from scratch. Would you need to unlock the quest for breeding the breed to breed the breed?
No. You just need to match the the horse breeds to the recipe found with the help tab, breeds wiki, and start. It truly does take patience though and it's a good idea to buy the book for that breed so that with each step you can get as close as possible to 5*.
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm

Post by K's Eventing »

rosie0922 wrote:
K's Eventing wrote:I have a question about creating a breed from scratch. Would you need to unlock the quest for breeding the breed to breed the breed?
No. You just need to match the the horse breeds to the recipe found with the help tab, breeds wiki, and start. It truly does take patience though and it's a good idea to buy the book for that breed so that with each step you can get as close as possible to 5*.
What breed book would I need?
I am breeding for a Cleveland Bay, so would I need the Cleveland bay book for the horses that I will be breeding to create the Cleveland Bay?
rosie0922
Visit My Farm

Post by rosie0922 »

K's Eventing wrote:
rosie0922 wrote: No. You just need to match the the horse breeds to the recipe found with the help tab, breeds wiki, and start. It truly does take patience though and it's a good idea to buy the book for that breed so that with each step you can get as close as possible to 5*.
What breed book would I need?
I am breeding for a Cleveland Bay, so would I need the Cleveland bay book for the horses that I will be breeding to create the Cleveland Bay?
Yes. That would be best. If I'm starting further back by having to breed other breeds to get there then I'll usually buy multiple books as needed and try to get as close as I can to my goal with all my horses.
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm

Post by K's Eventing »

rosie0922 wrote:
K's Eventing wrote: What breed book would I need?
Yes. That would be best. If I'm starting further back by having to breed other breeds to get there then I'll usually buy multiple books as needed and try to get as close as I can to my goal with all my horses.
Thank you for the help!
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm

Post by K's Eventing »

rosie0922 wrote: Ping
Hi, rosie0922, sorry to bother you again. I have another question about breeding. Do the AC stocks have to be close to or 5* too?
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

K's Eventing wrote:
22 wrote: Ping
Hi, rosie0922, sorry to bother you again. I have another question about breeding. Do the AC stocks have to be close to or 5* too?
Not to barge in, but anything over 3* has the potential to make a new breed :)
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm

Post by K's Eventing »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
K's Eventing wrote: Hi, rosie0922, sorry to bother you again. I have another question about breeding. Do the AC stocks have to be close to or 5* too?
Not to barge in, but anything over 3* has the potential to make a new breed :)
I am aware, thank you, but does that apply to AC stock? I test them and the ones I end up with are mainly 5* for their breed and n/a for a different breed I am trying to breed for.
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

K's Eventing wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote: Not to barge in, but anything over 3* has the potential to make a new breed :)
I am aware, thank you, but does that apply to AC stock? I test them and the ones I end up with are mainly 5* for their breed and n/a for a different breed I am trying to breed for.
AC stock doesn't have any exceptions when it comes to eval :D
rosie0922
Visit My Farm

Post by rosie0922 »

K's Eventing wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote: Not to barge in, but anything over 3* has the potential to make a new breed :)
So that's where it's probably important to backtrack and buy the breed book for that breed and evaluate them for that to begin with. Then you may have to breed those horses, once you have them, to a grade horse that's more like a CB to get horses that are more likely to work in the recipe.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:47 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:47 pm