The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Idk how to feed my fat pony

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
SieniPoika
Visit My Farm

Idk how to feed my fat pony

Post by SieniPoika »

I have a shetland pony and she wont stop eating grass!! Ive tried to give her every feed i can in hopes of her stopping. Shes now very fat, living on grass and im trying to exercise her to help her loose weight but it isnt working. How does a small pony even consume such amounts of grass, its like an addiktion ;-;. Pls helpp im so confused!!
Em's Holding
Visit My Farm

Re: Idk how to feed my fat pony

Post by Em's Holding »

SieniPoika wrote:I have a shetland pony and she wont stop eating grass!! Ive tried to give her every feed i can in hopes of her stopping. Shes now very fat, living on grass and im trying to exercise her to help her loose weight but it isnt working. How does a small pony even consume such amounts of grass, its like an addiktion ;-;. Pls helpp im so confused!!
The more you feed a horse, the heavier it gets. Put her in a barn (found in the farm building shop) and lower her feed to 85% when she gets to the weight you want put the feed back to 100%!
Another option is to mow your pasture. If you scroll down to where the pasture is it will say "quality 86.7%" click "mow 20%" and take a few turns!
With the pasture, you will have to change the feed over and over again. A barn is much better when managing horse weight.

Weights in order: poor, very thin, thin, moderately thin, moderate, fat, very fat
(Moderate and moderately thin are mainly good weights)
Last edited by Em's Holding on Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

you dont even have to put her in a barn. 90-95% feed wont make her fat or poor but she will be moderate
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

it will take a few turns for her to change though
Em's Holding
Visit My Farm

Post by Em's Holding »

Horsechronicles12 wrote:you dont even have to put her in a barn. 90-95% feed wont make her fat or poor but she will be moderate
It depends on the % of grass intake.
The horse is just eating grass and taking in 175% grass as her feed. The only way to fix that would be by mowing the pasture or moving the horse over to a barn ^-^
The percentage would have to drop, down below 175% in order for her weight to be lowered

The easiest option without tampering the other horse's weight would be moving her to a barn and dropping her feed intake.
Barn= lower weight
Pasture= gain weight
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

Em's Holding wrote:
Horsechronicles12 wrote:you dont even have to put her in a barn. 90-95% feed wont make her fat or poor but she will be moderate
It depends on the % of grass intake.
The horse is just eating grass and taking in 175% grass as her feed. The only way to fix that would be by mowing the pasture or moving the horse over to a barn ^-^
The percentage would have to drop, down below 175% in order for her weight to be lowered

The easiest option without tampering the other horse's weight would be moving her to a barn and dropping her feed intake.
Barn= lower weight
Pasture= gain weight
lol i didnt even look at the horse. I probably should have though. sorry
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Please also remember, that being overweight or underweight does NOT CURRENTLY affect anything other than competition scores in competitions.

Your horse will NOT die or fall ill. Use this time to practice on feeding your horses, but don't stress about them getting ill because of it. :)

And remember your friendly quicklinks. They have a number of helpful guides to get you back on track, if you want to tackle the practice more thoroughly (or have a competition horse that needs to remain in a certain form).
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:11 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:11 pm