The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

In Hand Jumper

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Shill Farm
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

In Hand Jumper

Post by Shill Farm »

I have an in hand horse that is 9.1 h tall which is the upper limit for that type of competition and I cannot enter her because she's too tall?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: In Hand Jumper

Post by BlackOak2 »

Shill Farm wrote:I have an in hand horse that is 9.1 h tall which is the upper limit for that type of competition and I cannot enter her because she's too tall?
Probably a 'Tall' 9.1 hands.

Think of the increments we cannot see. 9.10-9.11-9.12-9.13 all the way to 9.19 and then showing the next hand increment 9.20.
These hundredths is what we can't see and likely rounds the tenths up or down. So all horses that are 9.10 to 9.14 are 'short 9.1 hands' and will be within the competition limit, but all those from 9.15 to 9.19 are 'tall 9.1 hands' and are likely identifiable by the system for in-hand as '9.2' instead.

However, once a horse crosses 20 years (or was it 21 years?) they can no longer compete in player-made competitions.

So, it's likely one of those two issues. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Could also be an incorrect breed or no competitions for her (because you already entered into them)...
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Shill Farm
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Shill Farm »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Shill Farm wrote:I have an in hand horse that is 9.1 h tall which is the upper limit for that type of competition and I cannot enter her because she's too tall?

Think of the increments we cannot see. 9.10-9.11-9.12-9.13 all the way to 9.19 and then showing the next hand increment 9.20.
These hundredths is what we can't see and likely rounds the tenths up or down. So all horses that are 9.10 to 9.14 are 'short 9.1 hands' and will be within the competition limit, but all those from 9.15 to 9.19 are 'tall 9.1 hands' and are likely identifiable by the system for in-hand as '9.2' instead.

However, once a horse crosses 20 years (or was it 21 years?) they can no longer compete in player-made competitions.

I've been playing for five years :lol: so she's not too old (and it's 21). I guess she must somehow be too tall. Which is frustrating because she's completely trained and appears to be the right height.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Shill Farm wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

I've been playing for five years :lol: so she's not too old (and it's 21). I guess she must somehow be too tall. Which is frustrating because she's completely trained and appears to be the right height.
Yeah... I know you've been around for awhile. :D I even forgot about the age-limit for competitions awhile ago, so it was a possibility.

If she's under 5 years, it's possible that on one more turn, she'll breach that 9.2 hand limit.

However, it is unfortunate that such a potential in-hand'er is stopped by her height. You could theoretically try show jumping. Most of the stats might transfer well, including body form.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Shill Farm
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Shill Farm »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Shill Farm wrote:
Yeah... I know you've been around for awhile. :D I even forgot about the age-limit for competitions awhile ago, so it was a possibility.

If she's under 5 years, it's possible that on one more turn, she'll breach that 9.2 hand limit.

However, it is unfortunate that such a potential in-hand'er is stopped by her height. You could theoretically try show jumping. Most of the stats might transfer well, including body form.
It might be interesting to see if I can enter her!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:02 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:02 pm