The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Feed Help

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
sasha18
Visit My Farm

Feed Help

Post by sasha18 »

Hello, I have 3 horses that just can't seem to eat enough?
I've tried many things with them, all of them having over 100% (even with 400% didn't work) and it always says they aren't eating enough. I've tried tons of different mixes with them, and nothing is working.
I've tried keeping the amount they're eating out of the red, and that doesn't work either.
Am I doing something wrong here? It's extremely annoying because I need to train them but I can't because they have little to no energy.

These are the horses:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/469885
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/477607
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/477608
Arctictea
KS Backer
KS Backer
Visit My Farm

Re: Feed Help

Post by Arctictea »

The horses can only eat so much; if you give them a lot of food and the numbers change red (that is, goes over the "max feed" number), that means they cannot eat all food.
When they try to eat all food, they begin with the higest first, which is hay for all of them. Hay is not very nourishing, so you might want to change that.
So, basically, try to give both of them 100% weight gaining mix, and as a backup, 100% perfomance mix (they are probably not going to eat much of the performance mix, but just to fill them up as much as possible).
Right now there are no penalties for feeding a completly absurd protein/fiber/sugar-balance.
sasha18
Visit My Farm

Post by sasha18 »

Arctictea wrote:The horses can only eat so much; if you give them a lot of food and the numbers change red (that is, goes over the "max feed" number), that means they cannot eat all food.
When they try to eat all food, they begin with the higest first, which is hay for all of them. Hay is not very nourishing, so you might want to change that.
So, basically, try to give both of them 100% weight gaining mix, and as a backup, 100% perfomance mix (they are probably not going to eat much of the performance mix, but just to fill them up as much as possible).
Right now there are no penalties for feeding a completly absurd protein/fiber/sugar-balance.
Thank you! This seems to be working
sasha18
Visit My Farm

Post by sasha18 »

Arctictea wrote:The horses can only eat so much; if you give them a lot of food and the numbers change red (that is, goes over the "max feed" number), that means they cannot eat all food.
Actually this seems to be working for my adult horse. The foals, however, it does not seem to work for.
Arctictea
KS Backer
KS Backer
Visit My Farm

Post by Arctictea »

Foals have a huge need for energy since they are growing. My arabian/turkmene foals seem to be OK with around 20-60% oats (+grass), but it seems you have more picky horses. The good thing about foals is that they eventually stop being foals, so just do as good as you can until their energy need stabilizes and you can put in more normal numbers.
Avery's ladybug
Visit My Farm

Post by Avery's ladybug »

How do I feed my horse it's so hard to figure it out please help
Micosace
Visit My Farm

Post by Micosace »

thank you:)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:09 am