The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Better Tarpan Troop (BTT) || Open

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
ropeacowboy
Visit My Farm

Re: Better Tarpan Troop (BTT) || Open

Post by ropeacowboy »

In that case I can put some of my stallions up for stud if you'd like. I also have a small herd of Mongolians. This account is my "storage account." They're mostly just sitting there. Let me know if you want to breed/purchase any of them.

Here's one of my best surviving stallions:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2719992

Some Mongolians
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/139027
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Will do! I'll give them a good look once I really get started into Mongolians. I think I'm going to try for Grullas and I'm going to do some crossbreeding for Tiger Eyes and patterning.
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

EclipticEnd wrote:.
Not exactly applying for membership as my time online tends to vary a lot; but you can have a look around my farm and studs as I'm breeding Tarpans, Mongolians and have had some success with raising the HGP (if slowly).
If you find a potential stud I can put them up for low fees (most tend to be somewhere around 800$ to 2k max.)

Don't know if he's an outlier but I had fairly good success with one Exmoor-Friesian Cross for Showjumping, might be something the little ones - or the heavier build ones could compete in.
(https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1727738)

Whish you success with your endeavors :)
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

AltNazarach wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:.
Not exactly applying for membership as my time online tends to vary a lot; but you can have a look around my farm and studs as I'm breeding Tarpans, Mongolians and have had some success with raising the HGP (if slowly).
If you find a potential stud I can put them up for low fees (most tend to be somewhere around 800$ to 2k max.)

Don't know if he's an outlier but I had fairly good success with one Exmoor-Friesian Cross for Showjumping, might be something the little ones - or the heavier build ones could compete in.
(https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1727738)

Whish you success with your endeavors :)
Thank you! I'll note you on the main post for potential studs.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Heads up for all of you; I think I'm going to make this more casual in the main post and make it more about people who use Tarpans in any way including Chinese Ponies, Mongolians, etc. rather than Tarpans and only Tarpans.

Take a moment to check the main post again later today when you have the chance.
Earienlasgalen
Visit My Farm

Post by Earienlasgalen »

hey, is the project still going on? I come back to the game from time to time and as a konik breeder I've always had tarpan. I've managed to get decent hgp on some of them (nothing under 40 k and some up to 56k) but sometimes I've strayed to far from the classical wild look I'm looking for.
I don't really train horses but if someone wants to train/champ one of my tarpans I'd be interested in seeing how the go in shows
I'll be happy to provide studs and occasionally trade mares (without white markings if possible, better if dun is showing).

https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/115648
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Earienlasgalen wrote:hey, is the project still going on? I come back to the game from time to time and as a konik breeder I've always had tarpan. I've managed to get decent hgp on some of them (nothing under 40 k and some up to 56k) but sometimes I've strayed to far from the classical wild look I'm looking for.
I don't really train horses but if someone wants to train/champ one of my tarpans I'd be interested in seeing how the go in shows
I'll be happy to provide studs and occasionally trade mares (without white markings if possible, better if dun is showing).

https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/115648
It's still open, yes. I'm working on some right now in fact; my vague goal is to get a 60k+ HGP mare and stud, but I'm thinking that won't happen for a while. Want me to add you to the list of people?
Earienlasgalen
Visit My Farm

Post by Earienlasgalen »

why not, it's such a pain to find a decent stud among the hundreds of crummy ac stallions on the market than using this post makes sense! by the way, I've seen that you have used some of my stallions extensively so I can't use that many of yours without getting COI higher and a lot of yours have snowflake or varnish that I don't want in my lines but there is one stallion that I really would like to use ; https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3661557
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Earienlasgalen wrote:why not, it's such a pain to find a decent stud among the hundreds of crummy ac stallions on the market than using this post makes sense! by the way, I've seen that you have used some of my stallions extensively so I can't use that many of yours without getting COI higher and a lot of yours have snowflake or varnish that I don't want in my lines but there is one stallion that I really would like to use ; https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3661557
I've put him up for stud; use him all that you like.

Ideally I want to go through multiple generations of crossing then breeding to pure so that this line of Tarpans is less and less related to the stock that already exists; I just forgot to save any Tarpan studs from my last generation (of course) so I'm relying heavily on the public ones until I can get to where I want to be. Ideally I want to end up with 55k+ HGP and then do some conservation breeding to lower any COI, but we'll see how that goes.

I'm also trying to pull away from the varnish and such, but it's been a slow going process and I haven't culled those that have it because I figure it's best to get a stock going now and breed it out rather than start over again.

If you spot any others you'd like to use then let me know, I'll happily put them up.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Some updates on my end:

I'm in the 80%+ Tarpan mixes in my crossbreeds. I have quite a few 95% ones that're aging to maturity right now. I also have some 100% Tarpans that I'm very excited about!

This lady is 52,526 HGP, 4* for Mongolian, practically 5* as the bad stat is only 0.75 out of margin. Not sure about other evals as I'm specifically breeding for the Mongolian one. She's 39.52% COI which could be better, but isn't terrible. I think most of these will average between 30%-40% COI. She's got a lesser-fluffy mane, mid-length tail, and is a shoulder-Sooty Bay Dun.

This stud is 54,710 HGP, 3* for Mongolian (nearly 4*), 39.52% COI. He's a more saturated Bay Dun and still has that shoulder shadow from Sooty. His mane is more fluffy, and tail is long.

Last but not least, this guy's 54,961 HGP with a lot of colored comments, 5* Mongolian, 35.34% COI. His Movement comment is positive, which is great considering Tarpans are by default bad at Movement. He's only just been born, so I can't tell as to the exact shade/mane/tail yet, but he's also a Bay Dun.

Despite my best efforts my three acceptable 100% Tarpans don't have Cream. That's alright, though. Once my herd of 95% Tarpans grow to Maturity I'll have quite a few Buckskins to try to get the Cream from.

My only other thing of note is I have this guy who I can offer as a stud. He's only 95%, but he should make 100% with a purebred. He's 61,035 HGP, 5* Mongolian, and 30.92% COI. He's also a Bay Dun, less wild-type though. He's got a minorly fluffy mane and mid-length tail. He's also only het for extension, so Red Duns are a possibility with him if you pair him to one.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:37 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:37 pm