The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

The Rare Breed Repopulation Community (2023 Edition)

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: RBRC Role Application/Changes

Post by EclipticEnd »

dressage_queen420 wrote:Hi! I'm a pretty new/infrequent player and I've been trying to breed Lusitanos, still have a ways to go but progress is slowly happening! I'd love to be in this group as a specific breeder :)
Sounds good, I'll go ahead and add you to the member list. If you need help with anything then feel free to ask. :-D
brightspace16
Visit My Farm

Re: The Rare Breed Repopulation Community (2023 Edition)

Post by brightspace16 »

New site looks awesome!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Glad to hear it!
~besthorsebreeder~
Visit My Farm

Post by ~besthorsebreeder~ »

EclipticEnd wrote:Quote me!

If you have any roles you'd like to apply for, or if you'd like to change the roles that you have... Quote me! This will ping the Leaders and alert them that you need approval.

Please include any forms from the main post.
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
Heartland2001 wrote:
Username(s): ~besthorsebreeder~

Do you meet the Requirements?: yep! I have played the game for a (I would say) long time (on and off 3 years) and have always been a breeder! While I don’t want to do only rare breeds, I defiantly enjoy helping improve populations like this would do. I have bred Miyako Ponies in the past (look at my farm page and there will be links for proof) which only has 25 or so remaining horses left. I am honestly pretty upset I didn’t keep a mare and stallion or two, but that was back when I didn’t have a freeze alt so my main goal was to pass them on to people who would continue the breed.

Why you want to be an Extra Breeder: (Optional) I am always in and out projects so this would be something to do and I think it would be cool who work with rarer breeds more!

Other: Nothing really! I’m just super exited. Also I’m willing to donate 1 mill to this project (and more if we need it for a specific reason)!
“Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you’re donating blood.” -Bill Murray

Official Stud Page: [closed, being renovated now]

~BHB~
Heartland2001
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

~besthorsebreeder~ wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:Quote me!

If you have any roles you'd like to apply for, or if you'd like to change the roles that you have... Quote me! This will ping the Leaders and alert them that you need approval.

Please include any forms from the main post.

Username(s): ~besthorsebreeder~

Do you meet the Requirements?: yep! I have played the game for a (I would say) long time (on and off 3 years) and have always been a breeder! While I don’t want to do only rare breeds, I defiantly enjoy helping improve populations like this would do. I have bred Miyako Ponies in the past (look at my farm page and there will be links for proof) which only has 25 or so remaining horses left. I am honestly pretty upset I didn’t keep a mare and stallion or two, but that was back when I didn’t have a freeze alt so my main goal was to pass them on to people who would continue the breed.

Why you want to be an Extra Breeder: (Optional) I am always in and out projects so this would be something to do and I think it would be cool who work with rarer breeds more!

Other: Nothing really! I’m just super exited. Also I’m willing to donate 1 mill to this project (and more if we need it for a specific reason)!
your acepted
Heartland Stables Breeder Of Quality TBs And More
Image Image
If You Fall Off You Have To Get Back On To Overcome Your Fears
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

~besthorsebreeder~ wrote:Other: Nothing really! I’m just super exited. Also I’m willing to donate 1 mill to this project (and more if we need it for a specific reason)!
I've added you to the member list! I'll hold off adding your donation to the finances as we're doing great for money at this time, but if you're certain that you'd like to donate then let us know and I or one of the other treasurers will put up a horse for you to buy.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Updates from me:

I've had some IRL stuff pop up so I've been taking a break from the game. I'm going to get back to work on things tonight. No news on the Latvians save for that they're growing up. I'm still working on breeding a colt.

Future plan when that's done will be to sell any NSH below 15 years of age. Any above that will be kept and bred for more Latvians until they age out. I'll then grow the Latvian herd with some breeding and that breed will be done.

==================================================================================

How've your projects been going, everyone? Any news on the Irish Sport Horses? Do any breeds need to be delegated to anyone and is anyone needing a specific horse to keep going on your project?

My suggestions for anyone who's looking for something to do:

Collectors: Check out the current breeding goals and take a peek into the market for any horses that're useful to them. You might be able to find some Thoroughbreds and Andalusians to pass over to Breeders or Extras.

Breeders: Check with the other breeders and see where their progress is; hopefully they'll be responding to this message. We'll need some Irish Draughts bred up for the Irish Sport Horses, so if you haven't started on the club goal and you want to then I'd suggest going that route.

Extra Breeders: If you haven't been given any horses via the other members to work on, let me know and I'll set about grabbing you some. Your goals will be to find/make some Thoroughbreds that evaluate to 4*+ for Irish Sport Horse. You can also set about breeding some Belgians x Thoroughbreds and/or Andalusian x Connemaras for Irish Draughts. Connemaras are rare, but there might be some up for public stud that you can use assuming they're not listed as private. Once you have some horses that fit the 4* evaluations you can transfer them to a Breeder to use or you can ping me and I'll connect you with one of the Breeders.

Challenged Breeders: If any of you are looking for something to do, the club hasn't yet set a breed for your role. You guys can choose from the suggested future breeds list on the first page or you can choose a breed that isn't on the list. Ideally you'll all be working together on whichever breed is chosen, so when one of you respond then the others can either agree or disagree and we'll work from there.

I don't think there's any specific jobs for the other roles at the moment. As always, feel free to ping someone listed under the Evaluator or Advisor roles if you need any assistance with something, and you can also ping me or another Leader if you need to.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Also! I'm still looking for prize suggestions for the upcoming contest.

So far prizes will include:
-Money
-Trained Grinders
-Possibly some Latvians if I can get a colt in time
-Custom drawn trophies for 1st-3rd places

If you have anything to add to that list then let me know. I'm also taking suggestions for future contests.
~besthorsebreeder~
Visit My Farm

Post by ~besthorsebreeder~ »

EclipticEnd wrote:
~besthorsebreeder~ wrote:Other: Nothing really! I’m just super exited. Also I’m willing to donate 1 mill to this project (and more if we need it for a specific reason)!
I've added you to the member list! I'll hold off adding your donation to the finances as we're doing great for money at this time, but if you're certain that you'd like to donate then let us know and I or one of the other treasurers will put up a horse for you to buy.
I’m sure! Competitions are going pretty well rn and I really don’t know how else to spend my money lol. And anyway it seems like a pretty good cause, I’ve always loved rares :D
“Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you’re donating blood.” -Bill Murray

Official Stud Page: [closed, being renovated now]

~BHB~
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

~besthorsebreeder~ wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote: I've added you to the member list! I'll hold off adding your donation to the finances as we're doing great for money at this time, but if you're certain that you'd like to donate then let us know and I or one of the other treasurers will put up a horse for you to buy.
I’m sure! Competitions are going pretty well rn and I really don’t know how else to spend my money lol. And anyway it seems like a pretty good cause, I’ve always loved rares :D
Alrighty, here's a rehomeable horse.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:26 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:26 pm