The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Morgan Breeding

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
mewtwomaster12
Visit My Farm

Re: Morgan Breeding

Post by mewtwomaster12 »

hey morgon i have alot of mayors i can breed if you need help just shout out to me i want to breed my mayors they are the nicest mayors ever
Jazzie03
Visit My Farm

Post by Jazzie03 »

Xant’hippe wrote:
aschaab wrote:
buzzy wrote:
HOrse haven wrote:
Jazzie03 wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:
Rhorsegirl80 wrote:
Great news! Claire has returned to HWO, and she is going to return my young 1st gen Morgan, Winter Whispers.
He looks splendid, and he is fully trained, ready for competition and breeding.

Here is the link to my Sales Barn:

http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/95638

Since the folks on this thread are interested in Morgans, I would like any one of you to have this nice young prospect for a modest price. I will post him for "Offers Only" and you can bid $500 if you like. I love and admire Morgans but it's become clearer to me that I don't have the time or energy to do them justice.

Also, these two fine Morgan stallions need a home; suggested bid $100 each.

Masquerade
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/148218

Clover Sand of CW
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/803450

Finally, look for sponsored Morgan classes in Saddleseat, Western Pleasure, and Driven Dressage, level 5. (If a higher level is needed, ping me right here, or send a PM.

Happy New Year, indeed! :D

Xan
I have put an offer down for winter whisper
Xant’hippe
Visit My Farm

Post by Xant’hippe »

aschaab wrote:
buzzy wrote:
HOrse haven wrote:
Jazzie03 wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:
Rhorsegirl80 wrote:
UPDATE January 8, 2019 8 a.m. CST

Thank you all for your attention and support! :)

Having made an early response, HOrse haven was the purchaser of Winter Whispers. Another good stallion, Clover Sand of CW, went to buzzy.

There is still an 85% Morgan stallion, Masquerade, available. Bred to a 100% Morgan mare, any foal he sires is described as "Morgan (98%)".

Masquerade

The possible new Morgan foal is still gestating; I hope to have a birth before the weekend. *sighs, taps foot, come ON, mare! ...* :roll:

There are 8 sponsored Morgan classes, all Level 5, open to all genders, ages 2-20, entry fee $20.

Morgan Dressage
Morgan Driven Dressage
Morgan Endurance
Morgan Hunter
Morgan Log Pull
Morgan Saddleseat
Morgan Western Pleasure
Morgan Working Ranch

And the efforts continue. :geek:

Best wishes,
Xan
Jazzie03
Visit My Farm

Post by Jazzie03 »

Xant’hippe wrote:
aschaab wrote:
buzzy wrote:
HOrse haven wrote:
Jazzie03 wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:
Rhorsegirl80 wrote:

Having made an early response, HOrse haven was the purchaser of Winter Whispers. Another good stallion, Clover Sand of CW, went to buzzy.

There is still an 85% Morgan stallion, Masquerade, available. Bred to a 100% Morgan mare, any foal he sires is described as "Morgan (98%)".

Masquerade

The possible new Morgan foal is still gestating; I hope to have a birth before the weekend. *sighs, taps foot, come ON, mare! ...* :roll:

There are 8 sponsored Morgan classes, all Level 5, open to all genders, ages 2-20, entry fee $20.

Morgan Dressage
Morgan Driven Dressage
Morgan Endurance
Morgan Hunter
Morgan Log Pull
Morgan Saddleseat
Morgan Western Pleasure
Morgan Working Ranch

Best wishes,
Xan
Hi i have put an offer on mascarade
Thanks
Xant’hippe
Visit My Farm

Post by Xant’hippe »

Jazzie03 wrote:
Hi i have put an offer on Masquerade
Thanks
He's yours.

Thanks and best wishes,
Xan :D
buzzy
Visit My Farm

Post by buzzy »

Xant’hippe wrote:
aschaab wrote:
buzzy wrote:
HOrse haven wrote:
Jazzie03 wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:
Rhorsegirl80 wrote:

Masquerade

Morgan Dressage
Morgan Driven Dressage
Morgan Endurance
Morgan Hunter
Morgan Log Pull
Morgan Saddleseat
Morgan Western Pleasure
Morgan Working Ranch

Best wishes,
Xan
Great! Thank you!
Xant’hippe
Visit My Farm

Post by Xant’hippe »

buzzy wrote: The possible new Morgan foal is still gestating; I hope to have a birth before the weekend. *sighs, taps foot, come ON, mare! ...* :roll:

Best wishes,
Xan

Great! Thank you!
The above is fallout from the "I love horses and have too many!" problem. There are two special-consideration pregnant mares on my active account and while one is overdue, the other -- sorry, it is the (Arabian x Welsh Cob) mare bred to a TB -- needs more time yet.

The "too many horses" means they can get too fat if I don't watch their feeding levels. The game warns of 'not enough food for energy' -- how I wish it would warn of 'gaining too much' but it doesn't. :(

However, I'll do as much as I possibly can about this.

:roll: If the foal is a Grade with a Morgan 1st gen pedigree

-- mating it with another Grade-with-Morgan-1st-gen-pedigree could produce an actual Morgan. For instance, if one is too tall and the other is too short, sometimes the foal comes into the correct height range. I have seen this happen with other breeds.

-- In that case I would sell it to any Morgan breeder for $1 in the hopes of it becoming useful in that way. Otherwise rehome, even though the parents are of good quality. The game is full of grades. I don't want another one.

:?: That's the not-successful scenario. Let me know what you think about this. Of course if it's a Morgan, it's yours. I'd appreciate $500. We'll see, soon, I hope.

:D Again, thanks for your patience, and best wishes,
Xan
buzzy
Visit My Farm

Post by buzzy »

Well, if it's a morgan i'll take it.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:23 am

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:23 am