Community Forum

Friesian Breeding/ers

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Southerngal
Visit My Farm

Re: Friesian Breeding/ers

Post by Southerngal »

Paelor wrote:Hi there! I need Friesians for my Clydesdale breeding, but I am having a tricky time finding mares and stallions with good evals. Breeding my own Friesians is also tricky as I am not finding subbreeds with the right evals either. Any ideas?
Hey! This is a bit late, but I'm selling off my friesians if you want to take a look!
honeybunny
Visit My Farm

Post by honeybunny »

Southerngal wrote:Hello! I scrolled through the Breeding Communities forum, and only found one thing on Friesians, which really suprised me. Anyways, this is for Friesian breeders to get together and help each other out on this awsome breed! Anyways, I looked through the Eval books on here, and through http://www.fhana.com/, and found out what Friesians have to be (bc the rules says the first post must be informative):
~15.0-17.1 hh. In the registry, the shortest a horse can be (it changes by gender) is 15.3
~Medium Light to Medium build
~35% to 50% body size
~60% Horse type to 55% Pony type
~Must be pure black. A star on the face is accepted.
~The feathers can range from light, to heavy.

Just my randomness-
Documentation of this breed started in 1251
Most absolutley love water
The Studbook started in 1879
The Friesian Studbook has some of the strictist regulations of all horse breeds!
And) The founding stallions are Tetman 205, Age 168, and Ritske 202P. All Friesians can trace their lineage back to these horses

Side note- does anyone have any 4-5 Eval studs? I'm trying to get my stock less miniature
So let me start off by saying I don't breed Friesians, but I do maintain a nice stud of stallions and one of them is a Friesian. I can link him later but he is a MGH. and bay. He isn't the modern Friesian build, but heralds to the baroque Friesians that where a shorter, more draft like cart horse. All this is to say that I would be willing to make him available to anyone who wants to breed him to your Friesian mares. I would suggest him with a mare who is to light and slender in build and needs to be heavier, or a very tall mare who throws tall foals with normal height studs. He is around 14 hh.
justjumpit621
Visit My Farm

Post by justjumpit621 »

Southerngal wrote:
Paelor wrote:Hi there! I need Friesians for my Clydesdale breeding, but I am having a tricky time finding mares and stallions with good evals. Breeding my own Friesians is also tricky as I am not finding subbreeds with the right evals either. Any ideas?
Hey! This is a bit late, but I'm selling off my friesians if you want to take a look!
Have you sold all of your friesians already? They are a new project and I’m always looking for new genes if they fit what I’m looking for.
Southerngal
Visit My Farm

Post by Southerngal »

justjumpit621 wrote:
Southerngal wrote: Hey! This is a bit late, but I'm selling off my friesians if you want to take a look!
Have you sold all of your friesians already? They are a new project and I’m always looking for new genes if they fit what I’m looking for.
I'm sorry, they have all either been sold or passed away. I do have two champion Friesian stallions on my side account up for stud, though.
justjumpit621
Visit My Farm

Post by justjumpit621 »

Southerngal wrote:
justjumpit621 wrote:
I'm sorry, they have all either been sold or passed away. I do have two champion Friesian stallions on my side account up for stud, though.

Who are your studs? Chances are I have already used them ;)
Southerngal
Visit My Farm

Post by Southerngal »

justjumpit621 wrote: Who are your studs? Chances are I have already used them ;)
I don't think you have, from what I can tell. One is MCh.+ Red-e Runner Boyz SG, and the other is GCh. God Racer SG. They aren't my best in eval, but when I was breeding Fresians, I would use them one occasion to increase the stat value of my horses.
Dori-2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Dori-2 »

I don't have any Friesians at the moment but I am closing out my Clydesdale breeding program if you are interested. I've put 6 stallions up at stud and will be posting my breeding herd for sale later today. Half the horses have white socks and the other half have white stockings.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

Hi all! I have been working on Friesians for a while now, and I have a pretty good herd. If any of you would like to buy a foal or use one of my stallions, I would be happy to help! I have been shooting for all black with feathers, what I call "classic."

My best stallion, IIF Thunder

My best broodmare, IIF Sparrow

LadySLR
Visit My Farm

Post by LadySLR »

Hello,

I'm new to this game and still learning the ropes.
I am very much interested in Friesians and would like to breed them here. I thought about jumping right in, but I decided to 'develop' my own bloodline of Friesians to add some fresh blood here. I love the idea of having a studbook and ratings here on this game.

I have a Forest Horse mare that is black-ish. So, that's a start. I have been looking at the Wiki here on this game to look at how to develop the breed. This will take a while, too, but my hopes is that it will certainly test what I learned at an equine college many years ago, with my favorite class being genetics.

There's some nice Friesians on here, btw. Kudos to all of you who established the breed. :)

Hope I will stick around and add to the breeding stock here on HWO.
JaycenUwU
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by JaycenUwU »

I have a few friesians, but one is palamino, one is bay dun, and the other looks like a warmblood XD, I have a few friesian X trakeners though (I'm trying to breed dressage) the one that looks like a warmblood is median ligh and pure black though, he has good confo and I'm sure he got a good eval, I'll link him in a sec
Become a Patron!