The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Friesian Breeding/ers

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Southerngal
Visit My Farm

Friesian Breeding/ers

Post by Southerngal »

Hello! I scrolled through the Breeding Communities forum, and only found one thing on Friesians, which really suprised me. Anyways, this is for Friesian breeders to get together and help each other out on this awsome breed! Anyways, I looked through the Eval books on here, and through http://www.fhana.com/, and found out what Friesians have to be (bc the rules says the first post must be informative):
~15.0-17.1 hh. In the registry, the shortest a horse can be (it changes by gender) is 15.3
~Medium Light to Medium build
~35% to 50% body size
~60% Horse type to 55% Pony type
~Must be pure black. A star on the face is accepted.
~The feathers can range from light, to heavy.

Just my randomness-
Documentation of this breed started in 1251
Most absolutley love water
The Studbook started in 1879
The Friesian Studbook has some of the strictist regulations of all horse breeds!
And) The founding stallions are Tetman 205, Age 168, and Ritske 202P. All Friesians can trace their lineage back to these horses

Side note- does any one have any 4-5 Eval studs? I'm trying to get my stock less miniature
AkumaKashi
Visit My Farm

Re: Friesian Breeding/ers

Post by AkumaKashi »

I have a few friesians I'm getting into as a small side project. The tallest so far is my stud. I bought him only for his gp which is 62k. He is 14.1 hands and buckskin. Nowhere near breed standards, but a friesian sporthorse could come out buckskin, so that's the justification I use as to why I let the color pass. That and I just like bright color.
Southerngal
Visit My Farm

Post by Southerngal »

AkumaKashi wrote:I have a few friesians I'm getting into as a small side project. The tallest so far is my stud. I bought him only for his gp which is 62k. He is 14.1 hands and buckskin. Nowhere near breed standards, but a friesian sporthorse could come out buckskin, so that's the justification I use as to why I let the color pass. That and I just like bright color.
Oh, you bought my three Friesians, I didn't realize that until I took a look... I feel smart :lol:
AkumaKashi
Visit My Farm

Post by AkumaKashi »

Southerngal wrote:
AkumaKashi wrote:I have a few friesians I'm getting into as a small side project. The tallest so far is my stud. I bought him only for his gp which is 62k. He is 14.1 hands and buckskin. Nowhere near breed standards, but a friesian sporthorse could come out buckskin, so that's the justification I use as to why I let the color pass. That and I just like bright color.
Oh, you bought my three Friesians, I didn't realize that until I took a look... I feel smart :lol:
Oh cool. I never look at who puts things up for sale. I just think, "Hey, I want that." And I get it. Or I place an offer that I could increase a bit. I got a really expensive friesian mare with 60 movement and 67k gp, so she's going to be the base that I get as many foals from as possible.
Southerngal
Visit My Farm

Post by Southerngal »

AkumaKashi wrote:
Southerngal wrote: Oh, you bought my three Friesians, I didn't realize that until I took a look... I feel smart :lol:
Oh cool. I never look at who puts things up for sale. I just think, "Hey, I want that." And I get it. Or I place an offer that I could increase a bit. I got a really expensive friesian mare with 60 movement and 67k gp, so she's going to be the base that I get as many foals from as possible.
Cool! Yeah, the SG at the end of their names shows that I bred them :)
LittleHearts_Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by LittleHearts_Ranch »

Im focusing on friesians as we speak. Its just a small herd but im slowly building it.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/88105

I have one stallion that can be bred to if you need him. But i also have another colt thats going to be breed able soon.

He has 4 gold stats but not quite old enough to breed to yet.

Feel free to look at my horses if you like. And good luck on your journey :)
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Post by Ziel »

I’ve been slowly working on the same project! :P
Here’s my current best bred boy:

【ℤA】Ticker Imagination

And girl:

【ℤA】Little Bluebell

I’ve got more in my herd, but sadly seemed to have unearthed hidden dun / dilution / red from my original purchased stud! So lots of duns, smokies, and bays right now. :lol:

I haven’t been playing much bc I’ve been busy irl, but if anyone wants me to put up my boys for stud I’d be willing to consider! I also may be interested in trading Friesians to bring in new blood.
Paelor
Visit My Farm

Post by Paelor »

Hi there! I need Friesians for my Clydesdale breeding, but I am having a tricky time finding mares and stallions with good evals. Breeding my own Friesians is also tricky as I am not finding subbreeds with the right evals either. Any ideas?
Lila2517
Visit My Farm

Post by Lila2517 »

I have a bunch of Friesians.
So, we could start a small Friesian breeding community. Like we try to breed *5 eval friesians and then sell or keep them. Good idea or not?
Lila2517
Visit My Farm

Post by Lila2517 »

BTW Southerngal, I still have Onyx Noire, the mare you trained for me. She is doing amazing and thank you again for training her!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:16 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:16 am