The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Caramelapple3
Visit My Farm

Re: Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)

Post by Caramelapple3 »

horsesfurever wrote:
Caramelapple3 wrote:
Here are the threads:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39401

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39402&p=328502#p328502

I put them together real quick and left myself a sort of format to add in the links. I was wondering if we should have everyone submit their horses here instead of the new threads to avoid them getting cluttered? Also, if you think I should add or change anything, let me know. It's rather late at the time that I write this :roll:
Just a small edit, you might want to rephrase what you wrote for the studbook (instead of saying it's only open to RABA stallions, say that only RABA stallions are eligible to be entered into the studbook?). Otherwise, they look great!

Since you're the editor of both pages, I think the choice of where registry/studbook requests are entered by members should be up to you. However, what I was planning to do was have people submit the horses that they want registered/added to the studbook on those respective threads, and then editing the first post of the thread to incorporate the new horses. Keeps everything organized and prevents clutter on the main page.

So sorry for the late reply, by the way! I'm going to add these links to the placeholder posts on this thread once I submit this post! :D
No problem! I haven't logged on in a little while myself.

Thanks for the input. I think you're right about the wording in the studbook, even I wasn't quite satisfied with it. I'll change it soon as have the chance, probably the next time I log on as I've been on a tight schedule. And yes, I think we'll just have everyone submit their horses on the respective threads. Definitely much more organized, as you pointed out. Apparently, I missed that somehow. :lol:
Mini Horse Breeder
Visit My Farm

Post by Mini Horse Breeder »

Hi, could I join your group? I'm working on breeding Arabs, Friesians, and Mini Horses. It could take some time to meet your requirements, but I'm willing to do the work.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

Mini Horse Breeder wrote:Hi, could I join your group? I'm working on breeding Arabs, Friesians, and Mini Horses. It could take some time to meet your requirements, but I'm willing to do the work.
As long as you're working towards the same breeding goals as we are, you're welcome to join! Just fill out the form on the first post of the thread and I'll get back to you.
Mini Horse Breeder
Visit My Farm

Post by Mini Horse Breeder »

Ok, thanks!
Enchanted Equine
Visit My Farm

Post by Enchanted Equine »

Horsesfurever wrote:'Ping'
Username: Enchanted Equine
Side Accounts (if any): Enchanted Equine X
Number of RABA-type Arabians you own: not sure, I’d need someone to look at my horses. I have a fair amount of 5* Arabians and they’re all greys with either a chestnut or bay base
Do you agree to the rules stated above?: yes
Are you willing to trade horses with other members in order to maintain a relatively low COI?: I’m willing to open my studs and possibly trade depending on the horse!
Are you willing to strictly breed for the conformation traits listed above?: yes, I am purposely pursuing better HGP, comments, and correct colors atm and those traits are definitely also on my list!
Do you have any questions about RABA?: don’t think so
Enchanted Equine
Visit My Farm

Aurelia wrote:
Xzeina wrote: I just don't understand why/how my horse having a graying gene would goad a "heck no" to the question of whether or not the horse has a good/realistic Arabian form/body/image.
Hi this is Chips. Sorry. My cousin doesn’t know much so she asked for help. So it has a good body, but I don’t know about that gene. If you like, I can try breeding it with one of my Arabs and if the gene appears I can breed it out eventually and use the foals for breeding.
What’s wrong with the grey gene? It’s a realistic one for Arabs to have and doesn’t affect any of their other traits.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

Enchanted Equine wrote: Username: Enchanted Equine
Number of RABA-type Arabians you own: not sure, I’d need someone to look at my horses. I have a fair amount of 5* Arabians and they’re all greys with either a chestnut or bay base
Are you willing to trade horses with other members in order to maintain a relatively low COI?: I’m willing to open my studs and possibly trade depending on the horse!
Are you willing to strictly breed for the conformation traits listed above?: yes, I am purposely pursuing better HGP, comments, and correct colors atm and those traits are definitely also on my list!
You're in! Welcome to the group!

You're right about the grey gene; there's nothing wrong with it! It is quite common among real Arabs, and RABA Arabians can have grey. It sounds like the person who was against it was against it purely because they don't like how greys look, not necessarily because our group breeding guidelines don't allow it.
Enchanted Equine
Visit My Farm

horsesfurever wrote:
Enchanted Equine wrote: Username: Enchanted Equine
You're in! Welcome to the group!

You're right about the grey gene; there's nothing wrong with it! It is quite common among real Arabs, and RABA Arabians can have grey. It sounds like the person who was against it was against it purely because they don't like how greys look, not necessarily because our group breeding guidelines don't allow it.
Awesome! I’m so excited for this!
Arab Love
Visit My Farm

Post by Arab Love »

Hello all, I apologize for bringing this back after quite a few months. If possible, I would love to join! I recently started playing again and started this account purely to breed for Arabians that look like the ones on the main page. If it's not a problem, I tend to play a lot for a few weeks and then fade out for a month or two

Username: Arab Love
Side Accounts (if any): Kook Caked Stables and Kook's Champions
Number of RABA-type Arabians you own: 3ish? At the time of signing up, they are all from AC
Do you agree to the rules stated above?: Yes!
Are you willing to trade horses with other members in order to maintain a relatively low COI?: Yes!
Are you willing to strictly breed for the conformation traits listed above?: Yes! Right now, I'm focusing on conformation over HGP or comments so those are just a bonus for me (;
Do you have any questions about RABA?: Nope <3
Arab Love
Visit My Farm

Post by Arab Love »

horsesfurever wrote:
Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)
For those that have already seen this post, I'm sorry. I went to edit my original post to update a few things, but apparently, I accidentally deleted it. :? I'm quite the noob when it comes to forums :lol:
Username: Arab Love
Side Accounts (if any): Kook Caked Stables, Kook's Champions
Number of RABA-type Arabians you own: 10 ish maybe
Do you agree to the rules stated above?: Yes!
Are you willing to trade horses with other members in order to maintain a relatively low COI?: Yes!
Are you willing to strictly breed for the conformation traits listed above?: Yes! I already am; comments/HGP are just bonuses if it's decent (;
Do you have any questions about RABA?: Nope <3
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:53 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:53 pm