The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
ivy020
Visit My Farm

Re: Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)

Post by ivy020 »

Hey! Just popping in to check on the status of RABA. Are there any breeding projects currently planned?
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

ivy020 wrote:Hey! Just popping in to check on the status of RABA. Are there any breeding projects currently planned?
Sorry for the late response! Both Caramelapple3 and I have been a bit inactive recently. Because of this, my breeding is currently at a standstill.

Before Caramelapple3 went inactive, we were planning on getting the stud book and registry up and running. I think that this should come before any official breeding projects, just so that we can create a true community of breeders and refine RABA horses as a whole. That being said, feel free to start something of your own! This is your community too. If you have ideas for something that would improve our group and/or our Arabians, don't hesitate to let someone know.
Equine Excellence

High Quality Friesians, Rare Breeds, and More!

Co-Founder of the Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)
Member of the Norwegian Fjord Breeding Registry (NFBR)
ivy020
Visit My Farm

Post by ivy020 »

As I'll have a bit of spare time on my hands in October, I can set up the stud book. If you send me the draft, I'll try to complete it and refine the formatting.

ETA: A list of current RAFA studs would be helpful, also. :p
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

ivy020 wrote:As I'll have a bit of spare time on my hands in October, I can set up the stud book. If you send me the draft, I'll try to complete it and refine the formatting.

ETA: A list of current RAFA studs would be helpful, also. :p
I really appreciate the offer, but it's not as far along as you think. At this point its really more of an abstract idea rather than something that can be done in a matter of days. I'm going to try and carve out some time to work on it, but I can't promise anything. Thank you so much for offering, though!
Wingless Flight
Visit My Farm

Post by Wingless Flight »

horsesfurever wrote:
Wingless Flight wrote:
Hi Wingless Flight!

You don't know me, but I've stumbled across your farm and it seems your goals regarding Arabians are very similar to RABA's. Would you be interested in joining?

Thanks in advance!
horsesfurever, Co-Founder of RABA
It's been a few months but I'm back in the game. My goals align with those of the RABA very well and once I achieve consistent offspring I'm willing to contribute horses to this project.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

Wingless Flight wrote:
horsesfurever wrote: Hi Wingless Flight!

You don't know me, but I've stumbled across your farm and it seems your goals regarding Arabians are very similar to RABA's. Would you be interested in joining?

Thanks in advance!
horsesfurever, Co-Founder of RABA
It's been a few months but I'm back in the game. My goals align with those of the RABA very well and once I achieve consistent offspring I'm willing to contribute horses to this project.
Great! Do you want to go ahead and join? If so, just fill out the form from the first post.
Wingless Flight
Visit My Farm

Username: Wingless Flight
Side Accounts: (working on it, will update once achieved)
Number of RABA-type Arabians you own: 51 (My numbers are a bit low at the moment)
Do you agree to the rules stated above?: Yes, I agree with the rules.
Are you willing to trade horses with other members in order to maintain a relatively low COI?: Yes, eventually
Are you willing to strictly breed for the conformation traits listed above?: Yes, since that's pretty much what I've been doing for the past 3 years.
Do you have any questions about RABA?: I would like to discuss conformation with others at some point and ideally create a type of breed standard according to in-game conformation.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

Wingless Flight wrote:Username: Wingless Flight
Side Accounts: (working on it, will update once achieved)
Number of RABA-type Arabians you own: 51 (My numbers are a bit low at the moment)
Do you agree to the rules stated above?: Yes, I agree with the rules.
Are you willing to trade horses with other members in order to maintain a relatively low COI?: Yes, eventually
Are you willing to strictly breed for the conformation traits listed above?: Yes, since that's pretty much what I've been doing for the past 3 years.
Do you have any questions about RABA?: I would like to discuss conformation with others at some point and ideally create a type of breed standard according to in-game conformation.
You're in!
We could probably factor conformation into our requirements for registration and studs, once they're up and running. We already have a "type" set up, so all that would need to be added is ideal stat totals and an approximate place on the scale when it comes to the individual features.
Wingless Flight
Visit My Farm

horsesfurever wrote: You're in!
We could probably factor conformation into our requirements for registration and studs, once they're up and running. We already have a "type" set up, so all that would need to be added is ideal stat totals and an approximate place on the scale when it comes to the individual features.
Great! :D

Its really tough deciding by oneself where the ideals on the scales are (and of course some of them vary horse to horse) so it would be nice to have the opinion of someone that has a better eye for horses than me so I can learn a bit more.
Aurelia
Visit My Farm

Post by Aurelia »

horsesfurever wrote:
Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)
RABA is a breeding group that focuses on creating high quality Arabians that align with real-world conformation ideals.

The Arabian

The Arabian is one of the oldest purebred horse breeds in the world. Many notable figures in history rode Arabians, and there was a time when a man's wealth was measured by how many of these beautiful animals he owned. Arabians are known for having a dished face and high tail carriage, as well as for being athletic and intelligent.
Appearence

These physical standards are what define the conformation of the RABA Arabian.
- small, dished head
- large, dark eyes (no tiger eye)
- deep jowl
- long, arched neck
- short back
- comparatively level croup
- high tail carriage
- 5 star Arabian evaluation
- base coat colors with or without grey (no cream, pearl, champagne, roan, dun, pangare, appaloosa/leopard or pinto/tobiano markings)
RABA's Member Rules

- be polite and respectful to everyone
- no spamming
- no begging for horses, money, etc.
Members

horsesfurever (horsesfurever1) - Co-Founder
Caramelapple3 - Co-Founder
ivy020 (ivy030) - Member
Ziel (Z.A. Sanctuary) - Member
Wingless Flight - Member

Username:
Side Accounts (if any):
Number of RABA-type Arabians you own:
Do you agree to the rules stated above?:
Are you willing to trade horses with other members in order to maintain a relatively low COI?:
Are you willing to strictly breed for the conformation traits listed above?:
Do you have any questions about RABA?:
For more information on the Arabian, click this link.
I’d like to help.
User: Chips
Side accounts: Chips2
# of RABA Arabs: none yet, but I want this to be a small project. I had some, but a tall Arab ruined the whole line so I sold them. (And the darned graying Gene)
Rules: I agree.
Trade: yes. I will trade.
Breed: yes. I will. I’ll sell any horses that don’t meet the standards
Questions: I’m breeding race horses rn, so is it ok to focus on two projects? I can do both
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:02 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:02 pm