The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Wingless Flight
Visit My Farm

Re: Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)

Post by Wingless Flight »

Glad to see activity on RABA :D
Caramelapple3
Visit My Farm

Post by Caramelapple3 »

Nice to see some people are interested. I'm thinking of working on the registry and stud book.
Wingless Flight
Visit My Farm

Post by Wingless Flight »

Caramelapple3 wrote:Nice to see some people are interested. I'm thinking of working on the registry and stud book.
I'll keep an eye out! My realistic arabians are coming along slowly but steadily.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

Caramelapple3 wrote:Nice to see some people are interested. I'm thinking of working on the registry and stud book.
If you want to make separate threads for those, I can add links in the posts that I reserved at the beginning of this thread so that things don't get confusing.
Caramelapple3
Visit My Farm

Post by Caramelapple3 »

horsesfurever wrote:
If you want to make separate threads for those, I can add links in the posts that I reserved at the beginning of this thread so that things don't get confusing.
That would certainly be helpful!
Perhaps we could also use something like a five star rating system? For example, a perfect horse would be five stars, the worst would be one, and a horse would have two, three or four stars depending on how many desirable traits it has. Or maybe that's simply too complicated. I'm not sure if this was ever discussed before or not.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

Caramelapple3 wrote: That would certainly be helpful!
Perhaps we could also use something like a five star rating system? For example, a perfect horse would be five stars, the worst would be one, and a horse would have two, three or four stars depending on how many desirable traits it has. Or maybe that's simply too complicated. I'm not sure if this was ever discussed before or not.
Ping me with the links to whichever threads you want added on here and I'll add them to the page ASAP.

On the rating system, I honestly can't remember if we talked about that or not. I do think it might be a bit too complicated, and it could get time consuming if we were to having rankings for every single stud and registered horse if people start to get really involved. And either way, the horses have to meet a decent amount of our criteria to be registered in the first place, so having a rating system might not do anything. I think just having somewhere for our community to find studs without having to sift through the endless pages of bad Arab studs will be appreciated plenty! :lol:
Caramelapple3
Visit My Farm

Post by Caramelapple3 »

horsesfurever wrote:
Caramelapple3 wrote: That would certainly be helpful!
Ping me with the links to whichever threads you want added on here and I'll add them to the page ASAP.

On the rating system, I honestly can't remember if we talked about that or not. I do think it might be a bit too complicated, and it could get time consuming if we were to having rankings for every single stud and registered horse if people start to get really involved. And either way, the horses have to meet a decent amount of our criteria to be registered in the first place, so having a rating system might not do anything. I think just having somewhere for our community to find studs without having to sift through the endless pages of bad Arab studs will be appreciated plenty! :lol:
I think you're right. It'll be way better not complicate things, Lol.
I'll be putting the threads up soon, sorry for the late reply.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

Caramelapple3 wrote: I'll be putting the threads up soon, sorry for the late reply.
No worries! :)
Caramelapple3
Visit My Farm

Post by Caramelapple3 »

horsesfurever wrote:
Caramelapple3 wrote: I'll be putting the threads up soon, sorry for the late reply.
No worries! :)

Here are the threads:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39401

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39402&p=328502#p328502

I put them together real quick and left myself a sort of format to add in the links. I was wondering if we should have everyone submit their horses here instead of the new threads to avoid them getting cluttered? Also, if you think I should add or change anything, let me know. It's rather late at the time that I write this :roll:
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

Caramelapple3 wrote:
Here are the threads:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39401

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39402&p=328502#p328502

I put them together real quick and left myself a sort of format to add in the links. I was wondering if we should have everyone submit their horses here instead of the new threads to avoid them getting cluttered? Also, if you think I should add or change anything, let me know. It's rather late at the time that I write this :roll:
Just a small edit, you might want to rephrase what you wrote for the studbook (instead of saying it's only open to RABA stallions, say that only RABA stallions are eligible to be entered into the studbook?). Otherwise, they look great!

Since you're the editor of both pages, I think the choice of where registry/studbook requests are entered by members should be up to you. However, what I was planning to do was have people submit the horses that they want registered/added to the studbook on those respective threads, and then editing the first post of the thread to incorporate the new horses. Keeps everything organized and prevents clutter on the main page.

So sorry for the late reply, by the way! I'm going to add these links to the placeholder posts on this thread once I submit this post! :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:35 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:35 am