The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Aurelia
Visit My Farm

Re: Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)

Post by Aurelia »

horsesfurever wrote:
Chips wrote:I’d like to help.
User: Chips
Side accounts: Chips2
# of RABA Arabs: none yet, but I want this to be a small project. I had some, but a tall Arab ruined the whole line so I sold them. (And the darned graying Gene)
Rules: I agree.
Trade: yes. I will trade.
Breed: yes. I will. I’ll sell any horses that don’t meet the standards
Questions: I’m breeding race horses rn, so is it ok to focus on two projects? I can do both
As long as you're fine with tackling two projects at once, I'm fine with it. :D I'll add you to the list!
Hey, I had an idea to fix some good arabs up. All the true Arabs are cruddy ac ones. What if I breed a cruddy ac mare with a super good Turkmene. They have nice faces. Then the foal can be bred until the Arabs are 100% purebred.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

Aurelia wrote:
Xzeina wrote: I just don't understand why/how my horse having a graying gene would goad a "heck no" to the question of whether or not the horse has a good/realistic Arabian form/body/image.
Hi this is Chips. Sorry. My cousin doesn’t know much so she asked for help. So it has a good body, but I don’t know about that gene. If you like, I can try breeding it with one of my Arabs and if the gene appears I can breed it out eventually and use the foals for breeding.
We do accept the grey gene. Xzeina, your horse is what I would call RABA type. The only fault I can find is that he has a somewhat shallow jowl.

Chips, do you want me to add that account (Aurelia) to the members list as a side account? Also, you can do whatever you want with your Arabians. Just know that in order to be registered (once we have registration, that is), the horse has to meet most of the standards that are outlined in the first post and be purebred. Ultimately, this group is to give realistic Arab breeders a community so we can all work towards our common goal together. Not everyone will have the same means of accomplishing that goal, but that is ok.
Aurelia
Visit My Farm

Post by Aurelia »

horsesfurever wrote:
Aurelia wrote: Hi this is Chips. Sorry. My cousin doesn’t know much so she asked for help. So it has a good body, but I don’t know about that gene. If you like, I can try breeding it with one of my Arabs and if the gene appears I can breed it out eventually and use the foals for breeding.
We do accept the grey gene. Xzeina, your horse is what I would call RABA type. The only fault I can find is that he has a somewhat shallow jowl.

Chips, do you want me to add that account (Aurelia) to the members list as a side account? Also, you can do whatever you want with your Arabians. Just know that in order to be registered (once we have registration, that is), the horse has to meet most of the standards that are outlined in the first post and be purebred. Ultimately, this group is to give realistic Arab breeders a community so we can all work towards our common goal together. Not everyone will have the same means of accomplishing that goal, but that is ok.
I am Chips. Changed name and I’m the new owner of the account
Xzeina
Visit My Farm

Post by Xzeina »

horsesfurever wrote: We do accept the grey gene. Xzeina, your horse is what I would call RABA type. The only fault I can find is that he has a somewhat shallow jowl.
Okay, thank you for answering the question that I was trying to ask.
If anyone would like to breed to him they are welcome to(I am 100% willing to change the stud cost to fit anyone's needs as well). I don't really know what I'm doing with my account breeding wise, so not sure if I should join any clubs things as of yet.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

Aurelia wrote:
horsesfurever wrote: We do accept the grey gene. Xzeina, your horse is what I would call RABA type. The only fault I can find is that he has a somewhat shallow jowl.

I am Chips. Changed name and I’m the new owner of the account
Did you change the name of your side account too?
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

Xzeina wrote:
Okay, thank you for answering the question that I was trying to ask.
If anyone would like to breed to him they are welcome to(I am 100% willing to change the stud cost to fit anyone's needs as well). I don't really know what I'm doing with my account breeding wise, so not sure if I should join any clubs things as of yet.
It's no problem. If you do decide to start breeding more Arabs like him, I hope you'll keep us in mind!
Ivy Stables Holding
Visit My Farm

Post by Ivy Stables Holding »

horsesfurever wrote:
Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)
RABA is a breeding group that focuses on creating high quality Arabians that align with real-world conformation ideals.

The Arabian

The Arabian is one of the oldest purebred horse breeds in the world. Many notable figures in history rode Arabians, and there was a time when a man's wealth was measured by how many of these beautiful animals he owned. Arabians are known for having a dished face and high tail carriage, as well as for being athletic and intelligent.
Appearence

These physical standards are what define the conformation of the RABA Arabian.
- small, dished head
- large, dark eyes (no tiger eye)
- deep jowl
- long, arched neck
- short back
- comparatively level croup
- high tail carriage
- 5 star Arabian evaluation
- base coat colors with or without grey (no cream, pearl, champagne, roan, dun, pangare, appaloosa/leopard or pinto/tobiano markings)
RABA's Member Rules

- be polite and respectful to everyone
- no spamming
- no begging for horses, money, etc.
Members

horsesfurever (horsesfurever1) - Co-Founder
Caramelapple3 - Co-Founder
ivy020 (ivy030) - Member
Ziel (Z.A. Sanctuary) - Member
Wingless Flight - Member
Aurelia (Chips2) - Member

Username:
Side Accounts (if any):
Number of RABA-type Arabians you own:
Do you agree to the rules stated above?:
Are you willing to trade horses with other members in order to maintain a relatively low COI?:
Are you willing to strictly breed for the conformation traits listed above?:
Do you have any questions about RABA?:
For more information on the Arabian, click this link.

Username: Sunny Meadows
Side Accounts (if any): onyxthehorse3 (my foaling account), onyxthehorse5 (My champing account)
Number of RABA-type Arabians you own: 2 (I think)
Do you agree to the rules stated above?: yes
Are you willing to trade horses with other members in order to maintain a relatively low COI?: yes
Are you willing to strictly breed for the conformation traits listed above?: yes
Do you have any questions about RABA?: nope
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

sunny meadows wrote:

Side Accounts (if any): onyxthehorse3 (my foaling account), onyxthehorse5 (My champing account)
Are you willing to trade horses with other members in order to maintain a relatively low COI?: yes
Are you willing to strictly breed for the conformation traits listed above?: yes
You're in!
Ivy Stables Holding
Visit My Farm

Post by Ivy Stables Holding »

horsesfurever wrote:
sunny meadows wrote:

You're in!
Yay!
Aurelia
Visit My Farm

Post by Aurelia »

horsesfurever wrote:
Xzeina wrote: Okay, thank you for answering the question that I was trying to ask.
It's no problem. If you do decide to start breeding more Arabs like him, I hope you'll keep us in mind!
Ok. No side account is same. But it turned out pretty good. The foal has a 5/5 Arab eval and 4/5 Turkmene eval.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am