The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

RABA is a breeding group that focuses on creating high quality Arabians that align with real-world conformation ideals.

The Arabian

The Arabian is one of the oldest purebred horse breeds in the world. Many notable figures in history rode Arabians, and there was a time when a man's wealth was measured by how many of these beautiful animals he owned. Arabians are known for having a dished face and high tail carriage, as well as for being athletic and intelligent.
Appearence

These physical standards are what define the conformation of the RABA Arabian.
- small, dished head
- large, dark eyes (no tiger eye)
- deep jowl
- long, arched neck
- short back
- comparatively level croup
- high tail carriage
- 5 star Arabian evaluation
- base coat colors with or without grey (no cream, pearl, champagne, roan, dun, pangare, appaloosa/leopard or pinto/tobiano markings)
RABA's Member Rules

- be polite and respectful to everyone
- no spamming
- no begging for horses, money, etc.
Members

horsesfurever (horsesfurever1) - Co-Founder
Caramelapple3 - Co-Founder
ivy020 (ivy030) - Member
Ziel (Z.A. Sanctuary) - Member
Wingless Flight - Member
Aurelia (Chips2) - Member
sunny meadows (onyxthehorse3, onyxthehorse5) - Member
TrapandJup - Member
Enchanted Equine (Enchanted Equine X) - Member

Username:
Side Accounts (if any):
Number of RABA-type Arabians you own:
Do you agree to the rules stated above?:
Are you willing to trade horses with other members in order to maintain a relatively low COI?:
Are you willing to strictly breed for the conformation traits listed above?:
Do you have any questions about RABA?:
For more information on the Arabian, click this link.
Last edited by horsesfurever on Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:58 pm, edited 9 times in total.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Re: Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)

Post by horsesfurever »

RABA Arabian Registry
The RABA Registry can be found here.
To add one of your horses to the registry, please post your horse's information on the thread in this format:
Image:
Link:
Owner:
Breeder:
Last edited by horsesfurever on Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

RABA Arabian Studbook
The RABA Studbook can be found here.
To add one of your horses to the studbook, please post your horse's information on the thread in this format:

Image:
Link:
Owner:
Breeder:
Stud fee:

Your horse must be registered with RABA to be added to the studbook!
Last edited by horsesfurever on Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

Wingless Flight wrote:
Hi Wingless Flight!

You don't know me, but I've stumbled across your farm and it seems your goals regarding Arabians are very similar to RABA's. Would you be interested in joining?

Thanks in advance!
horsesfurever, Co-Founder of RABA
ivy020
Visit My Farm

Post by ivy020 »

I'd love to join you in this endeavor! I've been working towards breeding realistic Arabians on HWO for over a year now and it'd be great to have some assistance.

Some of my bloodstock:

BP Sun Asana

BP Mission Apollo

BP No Surprise

Obviously, my breeding program is still very much a work in progress!

Username: ivy020
Side Accounts (if any): ivy030
Number of RABA-type Arabians you own: 21
Do you agree to the rules stated above?: Yes
Are you willing to trade horses with other members in order to maintain a relatively low COI?: If they satisfy my standards
Are you willing to strictly breed for the conformation traits listed above?: Yes
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

ivy020 wrote:I'd love to join you in this endeavor! I've been working towards breeding realistic Arabians on HWO for over a year now and it'd be great to have some assistance.

Username: ivy020
Side Accounts (if any): ivy030
Number of RABA-type Arabians you own: 21
Do you agree to the rules stated above?: Yes
Are you willing to trade horses with other members in order to maintain a relatively low COI?: If they satisfy my standards
Are you willing to strictly breed for the conformation traits listed above?: Yes
Hi ivy020!
I'm so sorry for the late reply. I've been waiting to hear from Caramelapple3, but they haven't been on in a while.
I have a couple of queries regarding your application. First of all, I've noticed that your stock doesn't meet all of our requirements. Most of your herd has dilutions of some sort, and you don't seem to have very many Arabians with 5* evaluations, among other things. As we are focusing on these fine details, I'd just like to make sure that you plan on changing this. Also, if you would specify the standards you have for trading stock, that would be very helpful.
Thank you in advance!
horsesfurever, Co-Founder of RABA
Equine Excellence

High Quality Friesians, Rare Breeds, and More!

Co-Founder of the Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)
Member of the Norwegian Fjord Breeding Registry (NFBR)
Caramelapple3
Visit My Farm

Post by Caramelapple3 »

horsesfurever wrote:ping
ivy020 wrote:ping
I apologize for my late reply :?...

Hello ivy020, I'm glad you're interested in joining RABA. However, like horsesfurever said, your horses don't all really meet our requirements. On my opinion, this stallion is the horse you have that is closest to the requirements: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2094703
If you are willing to adjust your lines a bit I'm sure we would be glad to ad you as a member!
ivy020
Visit My Farm

Post by ivy020 »

Of course; improving my bloodlines is why I'm interested in joining your breeding group. As I've stated above, my breeding program is still very much a work in progress.

I'm presently focusing on refining my horses' conformation. I've put correct colouration in the backseat for now, as HWO does not restrict genes to certain breeds (unlike other horse sims, where a breed cannot have colours disallowed by its registry) and I would be discarding otherwise appropriate studs from my breeding program. Eventually, I completely intend to breed out undesired genes.

Regarding trading stock, I would only be willing to exchange horses of equivalent value. For example, a 5 star broodmare for another 5 star broodmare.

Also, it's fair to warn you that I would not be able to dedicate extensive commitment into this project, as I'm in university full time.

Please let me know if you'd like me to clarify anything else! c:
Last edited by ivy020 on Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

horsesfurever wrote:
RABA Arabian Studbook
Coming Soon!
Username: Emlyn
Side Accounts (if any): none (maybe one in the future)
Number of RABA-type Arabians you own: none (I think)
Do you agree to the rules stated above?: 100%
Are you willing to trade horses with other members in order to maintain a relatively low COI?: 100%
Are you willing to strictly breed for the conformation traits listed above?: 100% (might take a few weeks but 100%)
Do you have any questions about RABA?:
Could I be a trainer or/and Champer?

I can train under 3 hwo (only start at newborn)
The highest I've champed is MGCH.
Caramelapple3
Visit My Farm

Post by Caramelapple3 »

ivy020 wrote:Of course; improving my bloodlines is why I'm interested in joining your breeding group. As I've stated above, my breeding program is still very much a work in progress.

I'm presently focusing on refining my horses' conformation. I've put correct colouration in the backseat for now, as HWO does not restrict genes to certain breeds (unlike other horse sims, where a breed cannot have colours disallowed by its registry) and I would be discarding otherwise appropriate studs from my breeding program. Eventually, I completely intend to breed out undesired genes.

Regarding trading stock, I would only be willing to exchange horses of equivalent value. For example, a 5 star broodmare for another 5 star broodmare.

Also, it's fair to warn you that I would not be able to dedicate extensive commitment into this project, as I'm in university full time.

Please let me know if you'd like me to clarify anything else! c:
horsesfurever wrote:look above
I can't think of anything else you would need to clarify at the moment, but I pinged horsesfurever in case they have any more questions.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:36 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:36 pm