The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

The Official Lipizzan breeding foundation (OLBF)

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Infinity Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Infinity Stables »

This is a non-profit foundation
Introduction
The OLBF is a group of players trying to create and popularize the Lipizzan breed. The main goal is to create realistic, quality lippazan horses.
The Lipizzan horse

The Lipizzan is a muscular, light grey horse (with some Very rare bays). They were bred to preform the moves of the 'high school' witch is classical dressage (there fore all horses will be competed in dressage, and bred to do do dressage). They have dark eyes, and cary their tails high in the air. They are not heavy horses, but are slightly heavier than a light horse, due to the muscles they need to preform.
Rules
1. be nice to other players
2. Set aside some of your time to help breed Lipizzan horses
3. To be realistic, only colts will be trained (all filly are to be used as broodmares) and (once the feature is created) There will be no gelding
4. If your a trainer, train, if your a breeder breed, please don't try to do both.
Members
onyxthehorse3-founder
Breeder Sign-up form

[
quote="onyxthehorse3"] breeder [/quote]
Username and important side account(s):
Are you willing to trade and breed horses with other members:
Will you follow the rules stated above:
Will you only sell foundation stallions, not mares:
How many Lipizzan horses do you have, and what quality level of Lipizzan are they (qualities are stated below):
Will you only sell horses foundation horses, if you have permission:
Anything else you think we should know:

Trainer/ Champers sign-up form

[[/b]quote="onyxthehorse3"] breeder [/quote]
Are you willing to train/ champ foundation horses for free:
Will you only train/ champ foundation colts, not mares:
How many Lipizzan horses can you train/ champ at once:
Are you a trainer or a champer
If your a champer, do you promise not to age the horses you champ (a few accidents is fine):
if trainer how long in horse time for you to train a horse:

Lipizzan horse quality level
Level 1: Their at least 5% Lipizzan, and less than 20%, and show no resemblance to a real Lipizzan
Level 2: Their at least 20% Lipizzan, and less than 50%, and show no resemblance to a real Lipizzan
Level 4: Their at least 50% Lipizzan, and show no resemblance to a real Lipizzan
Level 5: Their 100% Lipizzan, but show no resemblance to a real Lipizzan
Level 6: Their not a lippazan, but show a perfect resemblance of a real Lipizzan
Level 7: Their less than 50% Lipizzan, and show a perfect resemblance of a real Lipizzan
Level 8: Their 50%- 80% Lipizzan, and show a perfect resemblance of a real Lipizzan
level 9 : Their more than 80% Lipizzan, and show a perfect resemblance of a real Lipizzan
Level 10: Their 100% Lipizzan, and show a perfect resemblance of a real Lipizzan (our goal)

How to breed Lipizzan horses

Find foundation horses, they can be any quality. then breed the 1-4, and 6-9 quality level horses to a level 5 or 10 Lipizzan, until you get a bunch of 100% Lipizzan horses. Then find the 7-10 horses, and breed them together, until you get very realistic Lipizzans. Then, find a level ten Lipizzan, and breed it to the 6-9 Lipizzans, until you get all level 10 Lipizzans (find a way to dispose of the rest) Then find a very good Lipizzan-resembleing horse, to breed the level 10s to. Keep all the best, and most Lipizzan resembling foals (who should be half lippazan) and use the the level 10s to create 100% Lipizzans, then repeat the final step of the process until you have high quality, official Lipizzans. Then, breed those, keeping the fillies, and sending the colts off to the trainers/ champers.
If you have any questions about the foundation, go to our questions forum: Not created yet
Stud Book: Not created yet
Last edited by Infinity Stables on Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10987654321hi
Visit My Farm

Re: The Official Lipizzan breeding foundation (OLBF)

Post by 10987654321hi »

I have some questions about Lipizzans. I'm don't fit in your categories to be part of the group here as I both breed and compete. I wanted to play this game with my daughter and she "gave" me one of her extra farms and starter stock. Somehow her Lipizzans seem to have either or both Champagne genes (green eyes) and are white at birth (possible sabino variation?). Non-standard of what I remember of the breed. They say 100% but are atypical. Would anyone help my picky heart breed my Lipizzans back into breed standards. Watching them gray out is part of the joy of the breed. Although beautiful, I'd rather they start black with the silver/grey gene.
Ivy Stables
Location: My imagination (Acctualy 1/2 of the year, Yorkshire England, and the other half Maryland, USA
Visit My Farm

Post by Ivy Stables »

10987654321hi wrote:I have some questions about Lipizzans. I'm don't fit in your categories to be part of the group here as I both breed and compete. I wanted to play this game with my daughter and she "gave" me one of her extra farms and starter stock. Somehow her Lipizzans seem to have either or both Champagne genes (green eyes) and are white at birth (possible sabino variation?). Non-standard of what I remember of the breed. They say 100% but are atypical. Would anyone help my picky heart breed my Lipizzans back into breed standards. Watching them gray out is part of the joy of the breed. Although beautiful, I'd rather they start black with the silver/grey gene.
To do that, you'd need to find a black lippazaner, and breed it to a horse with a greying gene. Horses with greying genes start as a normal color, but become greyer and greyer as they get older. You can tell a foal has a greying gene if they have grey rings around the eyes. You can find lots of greying gene horses on the market, here's a few links:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2685630
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2795503
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2790600
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2757957
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2757087

So, once you breed them, open up a side account and age out the foal (Or pay someone to do that step for you) Check back and see if the foal has a greying gene. If it does, breed it to the black lippazan again and do the same for the foal. After doing this either 4 or 5 times (I can never remember) you should have a pure-bred, greying black lippazan, and if you continue to breed this way, you should get lots of greying black lippazans. Then, you should breed the ones the grey the fastest, until you have them greying in a realistic time frame
10987654321hi
Visit My Farm

Post by 10987654321hi »

Thank you!
Brandontap
Visit My Farm

-

Post by Brandontap »

All the other forums Im on have a "View First Unread" or some such button that sends me directly to the first post in the topic that I havent read. Its a great time-saver. I havent been able to find that feature in this forum. Does that feature exist and how? Thanks
Ivy Stables
Location: My imagination (Acctualy 1/2 of the year, Yorkshire England, and the other half Maryland, USA
Visit My Farm

Post by Ivy Stables »

Brandontap wrote:All the other forums Im on have a "View First Unread" or some such button that sends me directly to the first post in the topic that I havent read. Its a great time-saver. I havent been able to find that feature in this forum. Does that feature exist and how? Thanks
I'm fairly sure it does, maybe your computer is different?
Silver ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Silver ranch »

Infinity Stables wrote:

This is a non-profit foundation
Introduction
The OLBF is a group of players trying to create and popularize the Lipizzan breed. The main goal is to create realistic, quality lippazan horses.
The Lipizzan horse

The Lipizzan is a muscular, light grey horse (with some Very rare bays). They were bred to preform the moves of the 'high school' witch is classical dressage (there fore all horses will be competed in dressage, and bred to do do dressage). They have dark eyes, and cary their tails high in the air. They are not heavy horses, but are slightly heavier than a light horse, due to the muscles they need to preform.
Rules
1. be nice to other players
2. Set aside some of your time to help breed Lipizzan horses
3. To be realistic, only colts will be trained (all filly are to be used as broodmares) and (once the feature is created) There will be no gelding
4. If your a trainer, train, if your a breeder breed, please don't try to do both.
Members
onyxthehorse3-founder
Breeder Sign-up form

[
quote="onyxthehorse3"] breeder
Are you willing to trade and breed horses with other members:
Will you only sell foundation stallions, not mares:
How many Lipizzan horses do you have, and what quality level of Lipizzan are they (qualities are stated below):
Will you only sell horses foundation horses, if you have permission:

Trainer/ Champers sign-up form

[[/b]quote="onyxthehorse3"] breeder [/quote]
Are you willing to train/ champ foundation horses for free:
Will you only train/ champ foundation colts, not mares:
How many Lipizzan horses can you train/ champ at once:
Are you a trainer or a champer
If your a champer, do you promise not to age the horses you champ (a few accidents is fine):
if trainer how long in horse time for you to train a horse:

Lipizzan horse quality level
Level 1: Their at least 5% Lipizzan, and less than 20%, and show no resemblance to a real Lipizzan
Level 2: Their at least 20% Lipizzan, and less than 50%, and show no resemblance to a real Lipizzan
Level 4: Their at least 50% Lipizzan, and show no resemblance to a real Lipizzan
Level 5: Their 100% Lipizzan, but show no resemblance to a real Lipizzan
Level 6: Their not a lippazan, but show a perfect resemblance of a real Lipizzan
Level 7: Their less than 50% Lipizzan, and show a perfect resemblance of a real Lipizzan
Level 8: Their 50%- 80% Lipizzan, and show a perfect resemblance of a real Lipizzan
level 9 : Their more than 80% Lipizzan, and show a perfect resemblance of a real Lipizzan
Level 10: Their 100% Lipizzan, and show a perfect resemblance of a real Lipizzan (our goal)

How to breed Lipizzan horses

Find foundation horses, they can be any quality. then breed the 1-4, and 6-9 quality level horses to a level 5 or 10 Lipizzan, until you get a bunch of 100% Lipizzan horses. Then find the 7-10 horses, and breed them together, until you get very realistic Lipizzans. Then, find a level ten Lipizzan, and breed it to the 6-9 Lipizzans, until you get all level 10 Lipizzans (find a way to dispose of the rest) Then find a very good Lipizzan-resembleing horse, to breed the level 10s to. Keep all the best, and most Lipizzan resembling foals (who should be half lippazan) and use the the level 10s to create 100% Lipizzans, then repeat the final step of the process until you have high quality, official Lipizzans. Then, breed those, keeping the fillies, and sending the colts off to the trainers/ champers.
If you have any questions about the foundation, go to our questions forum: Not created yet
Stud Book: Not created yet[/quote]

Breeder Sign-up form

[
quote="onyxthehorse3"] breeder [/quote][/quote]
Username and important side account(s): Silver Ranch
Are you willing to trade and breed horses with other members: yes
Will you follow the rules stated above: yes
Will you only sell foundation stallions, not mares: yes
How many Lipizzan horses do you have, and what quality level of Lipizzan are they (qualities are stated below):I have 19 horses, they are level 10 (I think), but have green, not dark eyes.
Will you only sell horses foundation horses, if you have permission: yes
Anything else you think we should know: Will be the horses sort? Not everyone fits and I would like to know if it will be solved in any way.
Pieta
Visit My Farm

Post by Pieta »

Infinity Stables wrote: breeder
Username and important side account(s): Pieta (main account), Maesta (side account)
Are you willing to trade and breed horses with other members: Yes
Will you follow the rules stated above: Yes
Will you only sell foundation stallions, not mares: Yes
How many Lipizzan horses do you have, and what quality level of Lipizzan are they (qualities are stated below): I have more than 300 Lipizzaners but I don't know what quality level they are :? Most of my horses is 80-100% Lipizzans :D
Will you only sell horses foundation horses, if you have permission: Yes
Anything else you think we should know: I think you should know that in RL Lipizzaners can be also Brown or Black not only Grey (born Black, Brown or Bay) or Bay. I think that another thing you should know about Lipizzaners is that they are one of the best carriage horses and are excellent in combined driving (driven dressage, marathon and obstacle driving). Their results in Driving competitions are nowdays even better than in dressage competitions. :D
Most of my Lipizzans are black or bay, but I also have some Grey Lipizzans that were born black or bay ;) all mu Lipizzaners have dark eyes :D
Here are some of my Lipizzans: Pluto Thais (he was born bay and will turn grey and he has green movement!), Maestoso Lipica (black Lipizzaner stallion with HGP overb 70!), Maestoso Canissa (bay Lipizzaner stallion with green movement!), Pluto Capriolla (black Lipizzaner stallion with green movement!), Maestoso (black Lipizzaner stallion with green movement!), Maestoso Rebecca (brown Lipizzaner stallion) ...
Last edited by Pieta on Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pieta
Visit My Farm

Post by Pieta »

Ivy Stables wrote:Ping
Ivy Stables Holding wrote:Ping
Ivy Stables Training wrote:Ping
Infinity Stables wrote:Ping
I just saw that you have multiple accounts and I don't know which is correct so I decided to Ping all your accounts. The message is above :) if you are interested ;)
Ivy Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Ivy Stables »

Pieta wrote: I just saw that you have multiple accounts and I don't know which is correct so I decided to Ping all your accounts. The message is above :) if you are interested ;)
Infinity Stables isn’t actually my side account, it’s my brothers. I use it sometimes, but I don’t like to post through it. He never posts anymore, so I wouldn’t try pinging him :)
Royal Sport Horses
Proud breeder of high-quality Irish Sport Horses

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:37 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:37 pm