The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

The Kustanai Racing Club

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

The Kustanai Racing Club

Post by Stormchase Stables »

The Kustanai

The Kustanai is a light horse breed originating from Kazakhstan with only 17 active horses on Horse World Online. I want to make this breed more popular in a way that I and, hopefully, others will enjoy - through racing. Racing type events are arguably some of the most popular competitions and you won't go one minute without seeing one racehorse or another in the horses for sale market or the stud market.
My goal is to make Thoroughbred-worthy Kustanais and have at least a few dominating the leaderboards.

The breeds required to create the Kustanai are [Russian Don x Kazakh] x [Akhal Teke x Thoroughbred]
Luckily, a few of the breeds above are already very well established and have many purebred racehorses.
I already have many Thoroughbreds and I have just bought the only Kazakh available on the market:

Kazakh Mare

I am not worried about funding either, but I hope other players take an interest in what I'm trying to do and join!
I don't have many requirements for joining, just basic ones:
- Regularly active (Unless there are real-life issues going on - I understand completely if a break from the game is needed in order to focus on studies, family, mental health, etc.)
- Completed the tutorial
- Joined at least a month ago (I'm saying this because then you've had time to earn a bit of money, complete some courses and just get the hang of everything around here)
- Will devote time, horses and money to this project
- Will be civil, polite and respectful

Members
- Stormchase Stables
- KYTrainer
- RummyTummy

This topic is a work in progress, I will be updating it regularly, making it longer, clearer and more visually appealing.

Kustanai Stallion
Last edited by Stormchase Stables on Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: The Kustanai Racing Club

Quote me here if you would like to join, and just explain in one or two sentences why :)
KYTrainer
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by KYTrainer »

Stormchase Stables wrote:Quote me here if you would like to join, and just explain in one or two sentences why :)
I'd love to join, not sure if I'll stay but initially seems very cool :D I have a few fairly sucessful tbs that I'd use to influence the line :lol:
KYTrainer
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by KYTrainer »

Stormchase Stables wrote:
The Kustanai

The Kustanai is a light horse breed originating from Kazakhstan with only 17 active horses on Horse World Online. I want to make this breed more popular in a way that I and, hopefully, others will enjoy - through racing. Racing type events are arguably some of the most popular competitions and you won't go one minute without seeing one racehorse or another in the horses for sale market or the stud market.
My goal is to make Thoroughbred-worthy Kustanais and have at least a few dominating the leaderboards.

The breeds required to create the Kustanai are [Russian Don x Kazakh] x [Akhal Teke x Thoroughbred]
Luckily, a few of the breeds above are already very well established and have many purebred racehorses.
I already have many Thoroughbreds and I have just bought the only Kazakh available on the market:

Kazakh Mare

I am not worried about funding either, but I hope other players take an interest in what I'm trying to do and join!
I don't have many requirements for joining, just basic ones:
- Regularly active (Unless there are real-life issues going on - I understand completely if a break from the game is needed in order to focus on studies, family, mental health, etc.)
- Completed the tutorial
- Joined at least a month ago (I'm saying this because then you've had time to earn a bit of money, complete some courses and just get the hang of everything around here)
- Will devote time, horses and money to this project
- Will be civil, polite and respectful

This topic is a work in progress, I will be updating it regularly, making it longer, clearer and more visually appealing.

Kustanai Stallion
Also, if you get another Kazakh mare I'd buy her.
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

KYTrainer wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote:Quote me here if you would like to join, and just explain in one or two sentences why :)
I'd love to join, not sure if I'll stay but initially seems very cool :D I have a few fairly sucessful tbs that I'd use to influence the line :lol:
Alright, great! You can stay as long as you'd like, I won't force anything upon anyone. I'll keep an eye out for Kazakh mares, or try to breed another. For now I think finding Russian Dons on the market or Akhal-Tekes with decent strength & stamina is the first step forward in creating the breed :)
I've bred a few of my TB broodmares with a 50 speed Teke stud, and the Kazakh mare with one of the only few available Russian Don studs on the market. He only has 30 speed, unfortunately, so the main source of speed is going to come from the TBs. Surprisingly, it was much harder to find an Akhal-Teke with speed higher than 38 on the market that didn't have 10 strength or stamina.
KYTrainer
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by KYTrainer »

KYTrainer wrote: I'd love to join, not sure if I'll stay but initially seems very cool :D I have a few fairly sucessful tbs that I'd use to influence the line :lol:
Alright, great! You can stay as long as you'd like, I won't force anything upon anyone. I'll keep an eye out for Kazakh mares, or try to breed another. For now I think finding Russian Dons on the market or Akhal-Tekes with decent strength & stamina is the first step forward in creating the breed :)
I've bred a few of my TB broodmares with a 50 speed Teke stud, and the Kazakh mare with one of the only few available Russian Don studs on the market. He only has 30 speed, unfortunately, so the main source of speed is going to come from the TBs. Surprisingly, it was much harder to find an Akhal-Teke with speed higher than 38 on the market that didn't have 10 strength or stamina.
Yeah, my Akhal Teke isn't to bad, 17 strength, but she isn't bombproof, and I'm breeding her to my best stud so that the foal will be good. I think I'll breed the foal to another of my tbs, then another each generation till they're about 95% tb and 5% Akhal (the recipe will still work). I've also though about asking Veterinarian or Bitapetrone for a grade horse racer, as you can mix those with the originals to get 50%'s, which will still work with the recipe (as long as it only says, for example, "Half Arabian" and not "Arabian x Thoroughbred 50%")
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

KYTrainer wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote: Alright, great! You can stay as long as you'd like, I won't force anything upon anyone. I'll keep an eye out for Kazakh mares, or try to breed another. For now I think finding Russian Dons on the market or Akhal-Tekes with decent strength & stamina is the first step forward in creating the breed :)
Yeah, my Akhal Teke isn't to bad, 17 strength, but she isn't bombproof, and I'm breeding her to my best stud so that the foal will be good. I think I'll breed the foal to another of my tbs, then another each generation till they're about 95% tb and 5% Akhal (the recipe will still work). I've also though about asking Veterinarian or Bitapetrone for a grade horse racer, as you can mix those with the originals to get 50%'s, which will still work with the recipe (as long as it only says, for example, "Half Arabian" and not "Arabian x Thoroughbred 50%")
That sounds good to me. On another note, I bred a (100%) Russian Don filly, so if you'd like her just tell me.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2762878
If you check out my Kustanai #1 & #2 pastures you'll see I have a few crossbreed foals already. Just like the Don filly, if you need one to breed the Kustanai on your account I'll send them over.
I thought initially I'd start by breeding the Kustanai itself and then from there making half Kustanai half high speed grade or TB to improve the speed, but both ways work perfectly (as they're exactly the same method, just backwards).
And now, to take endless turns.. :lol:
KYTrainer
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by KYTrainer »

KYTrainer wrote: Yeah, my Akhal Teke isn't to bad, 17 strength, but she isn't bombproof, and I'm breeding her to my best stud so that the foal will be good. I think I'll breed the foal to another of my tbs, then another each generation till they're about 95% tb and 5% Akhal (the recipe will still work). I've also though about asking Veterinarian or Bitapetrone for a grade horse racer, as you can mix those with the originals to get 50%'s, which will still work with the recipe (as long as it only says, for example, "Half Arabian" and not "Arabian x Thoroughbred 50%")
That sounds good to me. On another note, I bred a (100%) Russian Don filly, so if you'd like her just tell me.
If you check out my Kustanai #1 & #2 pastures you'll see I have a few crossbreed foals already. Just like the Don filly, if you need one to breed the Kustanai on your account I'll send them over.
I thought initially I'd start by breeding the Kustanai itself and then from there making half Kustanai half high speed grade or TB to improve the speed, but both ways work perfectly (as they're exactly the same method, just backwards).
:lol: That filly does look nice, if you're willing to part with her I'll take her. And I'll go and look through those pastures.
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

KYTrainer wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote: That sounds good to me. On another note, I bred a (100%) Russian Don filly, so if you'd like her just tell me.
:lol: That filly does look nice, if you're willing to part with her I'll take her. And I'll go and look through those pastures.
Of course, I'll put her up now. Just offer $1.. and I would highly recommend only looking in those two pastures on my farm and not getting sidetracked because even I get lost! I tried sorting things out on my farm but it's still as messy as ever :oops:
KYTrainer
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by KYTrainer »

KYTrainer wrote: :lol: That filly does look nice, if you're willing to part with her I'll take her. And I'll go and look through those pastures.
Of course, I'll put her up now. Just offer $1.. and I would highly recommend only looking in those two pastures on my farm and not getting sidetracked because even I get lost! I tried sorting things out on my farm but it's still as messy as ever :oops:
Do you have any Kazakhs I could breed the mare to?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:46 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:46 pm