The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Karabair Breeders’ Association

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

Karabair Breeders’ Association

Post by Tenacious Equine »

Do not quote this message. I am subscribed to this topic.

Hello everyone!

My stock has kind of made it into other people’s breeding programs at this point, so I thought it would be a good idea to revamp this topic.

There will be special contests for this breed, as well as goals with both cash and horse-related prizes. Contests will be scheduled and announced periodically on a separate topic.

Contest topic will be linked here.
Studbook is linked here. The current studbook is specifically for movement-based studs; I will modify and/or add more studbooks as needed.

From theequinest.com:
Also called the Karabairskaya, the Karabair breed is one of the most ancient breeds originating in central Asia. (…) Today there are three different types of the Karabair breed, basic, heavy & saddle, although in recent years lack of demand for the heavy type has caused their numbers to decline drastically.
Membership Form:

Code: Select all

Username:
Side Accounts:
Commitment Level:
Focus:
Need funds?
Need stock?
I agree to the terms and conditions:
Notes:
Commitment Levels:
Players may choose more than one commitment level. Commitment levels reflect the effort you want to put into your program.
Casual- just in it for the fun. Might do some breeding, training or competing here and there, but not very interested in establishing a program.
Competer- doesn’t want to breed, but is interested in buying and competing other players’ horses.
Trainer- is willing to train 3+ horses a week for the association.
Semi-casual- has a small breeding program (5-10 mares or pops a few foals every day they play) and periodically trains and competes their stock.
Competitive- has a large (11+ active mares) breeding program and trains and competes new horses on a weekly basis.
Color Breeder- forgoing the competitive side of the association, color breeders add whatever genes they want into their stock. They can be rewarded for making new genes available to the rest of the association.

Focus:
Focus is either discipline, stat or color-oriented. It’s what your goal is for your stock. Be specific (movement, dressage, mohawks and feathers, etc).

Need Funds/Stock:
If you are in a position where you either need money to pay for stud fees or buy horses to start off, an established member can help you with the money. Please don’t ask for money if you have enough but don’t want to spend it.
If you do not already have an established program but do have enough money for at least one breeding pair, put “yes” for need stock and I will hunt around for some horses that suit your needs (and budget).

Terms and Conditions:
May change at any time, but I will warn players if it does.

-Be courteous. Sore losers and drama instigators will not be tolerated.
-No begging or spam. Ask nicely if you need something.
-Do not lowball the horses of other members. This is more of a pet peeve than anything, but repeat offenses can get you kicked from the association.
-Stay on topic. Please don’t hijack the association’s topics to sell your other horses.
-Don’t flood the market. Please, please rehome horses that you’re not going to use, or give them to another member. Be strict about quality.
-On a related note, don’t underprice your horses. Karabairs are pretty rare and I can sell even my worst performing grinders for at least 400K each. Mares with green movement and stallions with gold movement should not be sold for less than 300K.

Rewards: TBA
Per RH bred:
Per new color gene added to stock:
Per association RH:
More to come…
Last edited by Tenacious Equine on Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
Karabair breeder! High quality, no reds, face markings, LP, dun, champagne and cream.

Champion Quality Pseudo Marking KBs Coming Soon!

Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

Re: Karabair Breeders’ Association

Member List:
Tenacious Equine- leader||competitive (movement conformation/comments)

jasperlovesponies- semi-casual (5* evals)
Shill Farm- semi-casual

crystalized_horse- casual||color breeder
Heartland2001- casual
Last edited by Tenacious Equine on Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

crystalized_horse wrote: I am going to join sometime but not tonight...I gtg! But i will join :D
Sounds good!
Don't be alarmed if your message suddenly disappears, I'm going to try and keep my topic clean- which means reporting messages that quote the whole first page (I'm a little obsessive about this sort of thing, apologies)
You can just comment on this topic and I'll see it even without being directly quoted, as I'm subscribed! :)
Karabair breeder! High quality, no reds, face markings, LP, dun, champagne and cream.

Enchanted Equine
Visit My Farm

Post by Enchanted Equine »

Username: Jasperlovesponies
Side Accounts: gogocheerio deliriumfantasies
Commitment Level: semi-casual
Focus: 5* karabairs
Need funds? No
Need stock? Yes
I agree to the terms and conditions: yes
Notes:
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

jasperlovesponies wrote:...
If you would like to hop in the chat, I can give link you some foals as they pop that you can choose from :)

crystalized_horse
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by crystalized_horse »

Tenacious Equine wrote:
crystalized_horse wrote: I am going to join sometime but not tonight...I gtg! But i will join :D
Sounds good!
Don't be alarmed if your message suddenly disappears, I'm going to try and keep my topic clean- which means reporting messages that quote the whole first page (I'm a little obsessive about this sort of thing, apologies)
You can just comment on this topic and I'll see it even without being directly quoted, as I'm subscribed! :)
Okay!
crystalized_horse
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by crystalized_horse »

Username: crystalized_horse
Side Accounts: Mohawk_Arab_Breeder, StarryRiver2424
Commitment Level: Casual, Color breeder
Focus: 3 karabairs
Need funds? Maybe?
Need stock? Yes
I agree to the terms and conditions: yes
Notes:nothing
Enchanted Equine
Visit My Farm

Post by Enchanted Equine »

Tenacious Equine wrote:
jasperlovesponies wrote:...
If you would like to hop in the chat, I can give link you some foals as they pop that you can choose from :)
How do I do that? I’m not premium ;-;
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

jasperlovesponies wrote:
Tenacious Equine wrote: If you would like to hop in the chat, I can give link you some foals as they pop that you can choose from :)
How do I do that? I’m not premium ;-;
You don't have to be! Chat is open to everyone aged 13+ :)

Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

crystalized_horse wrote:...
I'll get you set up with stock tomorrow!

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:28 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:28 pm