Community Forum

Surrogate Wanted!

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Artemis_Acanthus
Visit My Farm

Surrogate Wanted!

Post by Artemis_Acanthus »

Basicallyidowrk

This is Basicallyidowrk and just as the title say, I would like to ask someone if they could be a surrogate for me with this Basicallyidowrk. I'm willing to discuss price!

I'm looking for a few specific genes on this list:
-Black+Cream/Pearl+Champaign
-Black/Blue Dun
-Double Cream Champaign
-Smokey Cream Gruella
Markings: Frost, Snowcap, Reverse Leopard

Its alright if none of your horses have any of these genes! If you still want to offer then show a picture and I'll see if thats what I'm look for.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: Surrogate Wanted!

Post by EclipticEnd »

Artemis_Acanthus wrote: -
I don't have any pearl or dun in my herd (that I know of, sadly), but I have a variety of champagne. You're welcome to look through these two pastures (1 2), but note that not all of them are pure Belgian.

There's a couple of snowcaps, and I have a lot of roan and a variety of blankets. Any with snowflakes, blankets, or spots should get varnish at some point if they haven't already. I do have one smoky cream champagne, but she's not pure Belgian. She's 95%, so her foals might be 100% or else 97%. Some might not be labeled correctly by color as I'm not amazing at champagne yet and wait to fix my color predictions until they're more easily identifiable as adults and then forget to fix the color labels of course.

Let me know if any interest you. I'll surrogate but I want to keep my mares in my possession, and I'd want to pass the foals over as soon as they're born rather than aging them to maturity. I tend to use a lot of turns each day since I'm actively doing projects, so the mares would pop in the same irl day as they were bred.

Price-wise, let me know what you're thinking and have the budget for. I'm alright with docking off some money if you choose a non-100% Belgian, but I'd expect more if you choose a mare over 20 years of age because of the retirement risk after birth.

Your stud is a silver dapple with one silver gene via the father. Ignore what the father has written as his color; he's not a grullo, but rather a silver dapple like your stud. He might have one or he might have two black (extension) genes; his mother has a red dun foal, which means she only has one black gene and as such, may not have passed one to your stud. he has no agouti and no cream genes, so he's something akin to the following: EE/aa/Zn or Ee/aa/Zn. Using that knowledge, your stud might pass down silver, black, or possibly no silver and no black. You can increase your odds of silver if you'd like via some of my silver mares.

Anyway, it's pretty late for me and I'm going to get some rest, so I'll check back with you tomorrow at some point. Good luck him!
Artemis_Acanthus
Visit My Farm

EclipticEnd wrote:
Artemis_Acanthus wrote: -
I don't have any pearl or dun in my herd (that I know of, sadly), but I have a variety of champagne. You're welcome to look through these two pastures (1 2), but note that not all of them are pure Belgian.

There's a couple of snowcaps, and I have a lot of roan and a variety of blankets. Any with snowflakes, blankets, or spots should get varnish at some point if they haven't already. I do have one smoky cream champagne, but she's not pure Belgian. She's 95%, so her foals might be 100% or else 97%. Some might not be labeled correctly by color as I'm not amazing at champagne yet and wait to fix my color predictions until they're more easily identifiable as adults and then forget to fix the color labels of course.

Let me know if any interest you. I'll surrogate but I want to keep my mares in my possession, and I'd want to pass the foals over as soon as they're born rather than aging them to maturity. I tend to use a lot of turns each day since I'm actively doing projects, so the mares would pop in the same irl day as they were bred.

Price-wise, let me know what you're thinking and have the budget for. I'm alright with docking off some money if you choose a non-100% Belgian, but I'd expect more if you choose a mare over 20 years of age because of the retirement risk after birth.

Your stud is a silver dapple with one silver gene via the father. Ignore what the father has written as his color; he's not a grullo, but rather a silver dapple like your stud. He might have one or he might have two black (extension) genes; his mother has a red dun foal, which means she only has one black gene and as such, may not have passed one to your stud. he has no agouti and no cream genes, so he's something akin to the following: EE/aa/Zn or Ee/aa/Zn. Using that knowledge, your stud might pass down silver, black, or possibly no silver and no black. You can increase your odds of silver if you'd like via some of my silver mares.

Anyway, it's pretty late for me and I'm going to get some rest, so I'll check back with you tomorrow at some point. Good luck him!

Thank you very much! Your mares will stay in your possession and I would be taking the foal when its born so those two are no problem. You have many beautiful horses I must say and honestly it was hard to choose one but I was able to settle on "Beautiful Lady" because of her heavy build and beautiful light/blue silver coat and because I would like to increase my chances of the silver gene lol. Now the discussion of payment, depending how fast you are willing to breed/born the foal I am willing to pay somewhere between the range of 10,000-17,000. We can discuss payment if its between that range for you
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Artemis_Acanthus wrote:Thank you very much! Your mares will stay in your possession and I would be taking the foal when its born so those two are no problem. You have many beautiful horses I must say and honestly it was hard to choose one but I was able to settle on "Beautiful Lady" because of her heavy build and beautiful light/blue silver coat and because I would like to increase my chances of the silver gene lol. Now the discussion of payment, depending how fast you are willing to breed/born the foal I am willing to pay somewhere between the range of 10,000-17,000. We can discuss payment if its between that range for you
She's a Silver Dapple Roan; same coloration as yours, just with Roan and a Blanket. Her parents are both Silver as well. You'll probably end up with a Silver Dapple with Roan and/or a Blanket.

It shouldn't take too long for the foal to be born; definitely sometime today, but it might be a few hours due to turn limitations; I can only get 6 per hour and it's around 25 turns before a foal is born. Regardless, I can breed her as soon as we come up with a price, assuming he's already up for stud.

That range is fine. He has a 5k stud fee, so I need at least that much to break even. 10k would give me a 5k profit, 17k would give me a 12k profit. We could do 15k, which would be 10k for me after the stud fee?
Artemis_Acanthus
Visit My Farm

EclipticEnd wrote:
Artemis_Acanthus wrote:Thank you very much! Your mares will stay in your possession and I would be taking the foal when its born so those two are no problem. You have many beautiful horses I must say and honestly it was hard to choose one but I was able to settle on "Beautiful Lady" because of her heavy build and beautiful light/blue silver coat and because I would like to increase my chances of the silver gene lol. Now the discussion of payment, depending how fast you are willing to breed/born the foal I am willing to pay somewhere between the range of 10,000-17,000. We can discuss payment if its between that range for you
She's a Silver Dapple Roan; same coloration as yours, just with Roan and a Blanket. Her parents are both Silver as well. You'll probably end up with a Silver Dapple with Roan and/or a Blanket.

It shouldn't take too long for the foal to be born; definitely sometime today, but it might be a few hours due to turn limitations; I can only get 6 per hour and it's around 25 turns before a foal is born. Regardless, I can breed her as soon as we come up with a price, assuming he's already up for stud.

That range is fine. He has a 5k stud fee, so I need at least that much to break even. 10k would give me a 5k profit, 17k would give me a 12k profit. We could do 15k, which would be 10k for me after the stud fee?
Honestly I want a blue/light silver base coat with the dapple and a somewhat heavy build. Since your willing to help me and donate one of your horses to help me breed plus give up your time, my stud fee will be 5k and I'll be fine to pay you 15k or even 16k. WHatever will help you with your projects and compensation!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Artemis_Acanthus wrote:Honestly I want a blue/light silver base coat with the dapple and a somewhat heavy build. Since your willing to help me and donate one of your horses to help me breed plus give up your time, my stud fee will be 5k and I'll be fine to pay you 15k or even 16k. WHatever will help you with your projects and compensation!
15k is fine. I'm going to breed a few different mares to increase the chances that you might get colors that you're looking for, free of charge. You don't have to keep any of them if you don't like them, but I'd happily offer them for free if they match your needs.
Artemis_Acanthus
Visit My Farm

EclipticEnd wrote:
Artemis_Acanthus wrote:Honestly I want a blue/light silver base coat with the dapple and a somewhat heavy build. Since your willing to help me and donate one of your horses to help me breed plus give up your time, my stud fee will be 5k and I'll be fine to pay you 15k or even 16k. WHatever will help you with your projects and compensation!
15k is fine. I'm going to breed a few different mares to increase the chances that you might get colors that you're looking for, free of charge. You don't have to keep any of them if you don't like them, but I'd happily offer them for free if they match your needs.
Thank you very much! I hope in the future we can be good friends and continue business together. If you need anything hit me up!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Artemis_Acanthus wrote:Thank you very much! I hope in the future we can be good friends and continue business together. If you need anything hit me up!
Sorry for the wait, I had some errands to do today. The Belgians are being born. I'm going to put them in this pasture. There'll be three in total.
Artemis_Acanthus
Visit My Farm

EclipticEnd wrote:
Artemis_Acanthus wrote:Thank you very much! I hope in the future we can be good friends and continue business together. If you need anything hit me up!
Sorry for the wait, I had some errands to do today. The Belgians are being born. I'm going to put them in this pasture. There'll be three in total.
Its totally fine and thank you!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Artemis_Acanthus wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote: Sorry for the wait, I had some errands to do today. The Belgians are being born. I'm going to put them in this pasture. There'll be three in total.
Its totally fine and thank you!
Two are up for offers; offer 15k for one of the two and $1 for the other if it catches your fancy, and let me know if you want the third. It'll be $1 as well if you do.
Become a Patron!