The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

CLOSED

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: The Rare Breed Repopulation Community

Post by EclipticEnd »

Does anyone have an extra Dole mare or two they're not using? Stats don't overly matter though it'd be nice to have 3* for either Latvian or North Swedish.
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

EclipticEnd wrote:Does anyone have an extra Dole mare or two they're not using? Stats don't overly matter though it'd be nice to have 3* for either Latvian or North Swedish.
I'm full on space, so any mare is up for grabs :)

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:Does anyone have an extra Dole mare or two they're not using? Stats don't overly matter though it'd be nice to have 3* for either Latvian or North Swedish.
I'm full on space, so any mare is up for grabs :)
This one would be good for North Swedish ones and this one would be good for Latvians if you're alright with parting with them.

I'd suggest that we only keep 4* evals or higher for any of the breeds; I think there's already some 4-5* Trotters in the herd, and you have multiple 4* Lats, and Doles will always make another Dole when paired together so we don't really have to worry about that eval. Anything that doesn't have a 4*+ eval for Trotter, Latvian, or Norths should probably be aged out once we establish those lines so that we're not holding onto less useful horses to save room. Since you're holding onto them you can decide how many to keep, but I'd suggest a stud and one or two mares for each breed as we'd be able to breed more using the stud and mares if necessary.
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote: I'm full on space, so any mare is up for grabs :)
This one would be good for North Swedish ones and this one would be good for Latvians if you're alright with parting with them.

I'd suggest that we only keep 4* evals or higher for any of the breeds; I think there's already some 4-5* Trotters in the herd, and you have multiple 4* Lats, and Doles will always make another Dole when paired together so we don't really have to worry about that eval. Anything that doesn't have a 4*+ eval for Trotter, Latvian, or Norths should probably be aged out once we establish those lines so that we're not holding onto less useful horses to save room. Since you're holding onto them you can decide how many to keep, but I'd suggest a stud and one or two mares for each breed as we'd be able to breed more using the stud and mares if necessary.
Gracious, I need to stop myself from automatically viewing notification again- :? it always ends in someone awaiting an answer :roll:

Anyhoo-

I'm sorry for not getting back sooner, the two are ufo. Thanks for the advice about the herd as well, I haven't bought the North eval book (I will right after posting this), so it was a guessing game. I'll make sure to buy it now and then I'll go through culling my herd. =)

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

Spartan Onyx wrote:Leadership
Heartland2001 wrote:Leadership
Before I officially leave for my week break, I want y'all's opinions on a Studbook, Registery, specific sales, etc. It doesn't have to be approved, just thought it would help out more :)
Heartland2001
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
Spartan Onyx wrote:Leadership
Heartland2001 wrote:Leadership
Before I officially leave for my week break, I want y'all's opinions on a Studbook, Registery, specific sales, etc. It doesn't have to be approved, just thought it would help out more :)
i think that would be great i could set up a stud book and registry :D happy holidays
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

Username(s):
horsegirl008 (main, mostly used for breeding Arabs and Quarabs), horsegirl008~2 (side, mostly used for breeding Miniatures and Arappaloosas), horsegirl008_freezer (freezer, holding Welsh Ponies)
Project Includes:
Miniatures, Arappaloosas, Quarabs, Welsh Ponies
Preferred Breed:
Miniatures. I have 2 irl :lol:
Why You Want To Join As A Specific Breeder:
I know that these aren't technically considered rare breeds (as defined on here), but I thought it would still fun to have a community where I can work on breeding them and share :D
Heartland2001
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

horsegirl008 wrote:Username(s):
horsegirl008 (main, mostly used for breeding Arabs and Quarabs), horsegirl008~2 (side, mostly used for breeding Miniatures and Arappaloosas), horsegirl008_freezer (freezer, holding Welsh Ponies)
Project Includes:
Miniatures, Arappaloosas, Quarabs, Welsh Ponies
Preferred Breed:
Miniatures. I have 2 irl :lol:
Why You Want To Join As A Specific Breeder:
I know that these aren't technically considered rare breeds (as defined on here), but I thought it would still fun to have a community where I can work on breeding them and share :D
welcome to the club! and the welsh pony is a rare breed so your good currently we are working on breeding doles and latvians if you would like a few let us know :D
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

Username(s):
Do You Meet The Preferred Note:
Yes, I think :lol: I've successfully bred Quarabs and Arappaloosas, and I'm working on Welsh Ponies and Miniatures.
Why You Want To Join As A Breeder (Optional):
Because it would be a fun project! :)
Other:
Just so you guys know, since I have lots to do irl (horses, school, horses, church, did I mention horses?), I may not be able to successfully complete a "mission" so please forgive me if I can't put as much time into the projects as I should :|
Heartland2001
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

horsegirl008 wrote:Username(s):
Do You Meet The Preferred Note:
Yes, I think :lol: I've successfully bred Quarabs and Arappaloosas, and I'm working on Welsh Ponies and Miniatures.
Why You Want To Join As A Breeder (Optional):
Because it would be a fun project! :)
Other:
Just so you guys know, since I have lots to do irl (horses, school, horses, church, did I mention horses?), I may not be able to successfully complete a "mission" so please forgive me if I can't put as much time into the projects as I should :|
that is 100% ok and you are now a breeder/specific breeder
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:24 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:24 pm