The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

CLOSED

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm

Re: The Rare Breed Repopulation Community

Post by K's Eventing »

EclipticEnd wrote: Take all the time that you need. Something like that isn't something that you can immediately bounce back from.

By taking some I mean: if the club makes them, would you like to adopt them into your project? I personally don't plan on keeping some of the breeds that I make in this club and therefore try to find homes for them with players who will have a use for them. If I can't find them homes then I normally end up doing an auction and rehoming/retiring any that don't sell.

I appreciate the kind words. I think that the orange could be darkened as it's hard to read, and a good rusty orange can look great with grey and teal. I understand completely, no worries! The monthly competition's a neat idea!
I would love to take them when/if it happens.
Definitely. Sort of like this?
Last edited by K's Eventing on Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

K's Eventing wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote: Take all the time that you need. Something like that isn't something that you can immediately bounce back from.

By taking some I mean: if the club makes them, would you like to adopt them into your project? I personally don't plan on keeping some of the breeds that I make in this club and therefore try to find homes for them with players who will have a use for them. If I can't find them homes then I normally end up doing an auction and rehoming/retiring any that don't sell.

I appreciate the kind words. I think that the orange could be darkened as it's hard to read, and a good rusty orange can look great with grey and teal. I understand completely, no worries! The monthly competition's a neat idea!
I would love to take them when/if it happens.
Definitely. Sort of like this?
Mhmm! That looks lovely.
UniqueFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by UniqueFarms »

I have some more forms I've filled out!

Advisor
Username(s): UniqueFarms, UniqueFarmsHolding and UniqueFarmsBoarding
Are You Willing To Help Any Member: Of course!
Why Do You Wish To Be An Advisor: To give some more back to the community :D !
Do You Fit The Requirement: Yes
Extra Breeder
Do You Meet The Preferred Note: Yes
Why You Want To Join As A Extra Breeder (Optional): Again, to give back to the community!
Other: -
Collector
Do You Meet The Requirements: Yes
Why You Want To Join As A Collector (Optional): So I can give back to the community.
Proof of Open Space: I have two other accounts that have almost no horses on them. (UniqueFarmsHolding and UniqueFarmsBoarding)

Ping :arrow:
EclipticEnd wrote: .
UniqueFarms
High HGP Endurance Arabians
Sells Trained Grinders
Great 5* Studs
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

UniqueFarms wrote:
I have some more forms I've filled out!

Advisor
Are You Willing To Help Any Member: Of course!
Why Do You Wish To Be An Advisor: To give some more back to the community :D !
Do You Fit The Requirement: Yes
Extra Breeder
Do You Meet The Preferred Note: Yes
Why You Want To Join As A Extra Breeder (Optional): Again, to give back to the community!
Other: -
Collector
Do You Meet The Requirements: Yes
Why You Want To Join As A Collector (Optional): So I can give back to the community.
Proof of Open Space: I have two other accounts that have almost no horses on them. (UniqueFarmsHolding and UniqueFarmsBoarding)

Ping :arrow:
EclipticEnd wrote: .
That ping's itty bitty I didn't know size impacted those-

All approved of course.

I'm updating the Collector role from snatching up rare horses in general to instead snatch up horses that will be useful for the breeds that're being bred. Secondary goal would be to take in any horses that Breeders need temporarily frozen (as an example, the Doles that evaluated for Latvians were done well before they were needed and therefore had to be frozen), third goal would be to find buyers for horses that're no longer being used. Those would be horses that we've bred and make a successful group of, so in this case you'd be looking for Irish Sport Horse buyers (as well as buyers for the recipe horse breeds like the Draughts) once we succeed in that goal.

As an advisor you'll help the Breeders decide what breeds to make and when (specifically when there's multiple breeds to do to achieve the target breed) as well as what to do to achieve better evaluations for better odds at making breeds. I have a pretty explanatory guide that you can reference if you'd like, but you have experience so I'm sure you've got that handled.

Extra Breeder of course is just making recipe horse crosses. They're not making the Irish Draughts, but they are crossing the Andalusians and Connemaras to make those mixed horses for the Draughts if that makes sense.
UniqueFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by UniqueFarms »

EclipticEnd wrote:That ping's itty bitty I didn't know size impacted those-

All approved of course.

I'm updating the Collector role from snatching up rare horses in general to instead snatch up horses that will be useful for the breeds that're being bred. Secondary goal would be to take in any horses that Breeders need temporarily frozen (as an example, the Doles that evaluated for Latvians were done well before they were needed and therefore had to be frozen), third goal would be to find buyers for horses that're no longer being used. Those would be horses that we've bred and make a successful group of, so in this case you'd be looking for Irish Sport Horse buyers (as well as buyers for the recipe horse breeds like the Draughts) once we succeed in that goal.

As an advisor you'll help the Breeders decide what breeds to make and when (specifically when there's multiple breeds to do to achieve the target breed) as well as what to do to achieve better evaluations for better odds at making breeds. I have a pretty explanatory guide that you can reference if you'd like, but you have experience so I'm sure you've got that handled.

Extra Breeder of course is just making recipe horse crosses. They're not making the Irish Draughts, but they are crossing the Andalusians and Connemaras to make those mixed horses for the Draughts if that makes sense.
Ahah! Totally me not just messing around with size and quotations in that reply :?.

Thanks for accepting my forms. I always 'scin', and scan the market thereabout every day or so, so I will keep an eye out for those horses! A question just for being a collector; will we need to breed the horses whole line (all from AC), or could I buy one of the recipe horses involved with the Irish Sport Horse and call it a day?

I'm pretty good at evaluations, and just answering questions in general on HWO. I've had over 1 year on HWO so I would say I'm about set. I scanned through your 'guide' and it gives very great information in an explicit detail. I have all of the Eval books, so I can be a major help if that occurs. I also do have a decent amount of knowledge in recipe horses, so I'm pretty good in that range.
UniqueFarms
High HGP Endurance Arabians
Sells Trained Grinders
Great 5* Studs
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

UniqueFarms wrote:Ahah! Totally me not just messing around with size and quotations in that reply :?.

Thanks for accepting my forms. I always 'scin', and scan the market thereabout every day or so, so I will keep an eye out for those horses! A question just for being a collector; will we need to breed the horses whole line (all from AC), or could I buy one of the recipe horses involved with the Irish Sport Horse and call it a day?

I'm pretty good at evaluations, and just answering questions in general on HWO. I've had over 1 year on HWO so I would say I'm about set. I scanned through your 'guide' and it gives very great information in an explicit detail. I have all of the Eval books, so I can be a major help if that occurs. I also do have a decent amount of knowledge in recipe horses, so I'm pretty good in that range.
For Doles we bought what we could from the market. It's easier to find horses that match evals that way and there's less work making things from scratch. Plus you'll be able to get higher HGP which is something I personally look for. It also helps depopulate the market, even if it's only a few horses.

We're no so much breeding from scratch as trying to make more of the breeds. A lot of times there's the necessary recipe horse breeds in the market, so there's no reason to put in more effort then we really need to. This is especially true when an evaluation is really off for a breed; a lot of people who simply are messing around with breeding can accidentally make exactly what we're looking for.

Prioritize eval over HGP, but higher HGP is always welcome since we might as well improve the breed's quality while we're at it. It's also easier to sell higher HGP horses. Ultimately, if one of the Breeders wants to use AC horses then it's up to them to spend their PT on it as that's non-transferrable.
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

UniqueFarms wrote:
K's Eventing wrote: I second the vote. :)
Awesome! I would be great to getting started right away!
Yay!
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
horsegirl008 wrote:They're all doing good! My Quarabs are finished, I'm just trying to preserve mine by continually breeding them before they pass on :oops: Arappaloosas and Miniatures are kind of on pause right now because I'm having to freeze that account for the moment. Welsh Ponies I haven't really done much with. I have a stallion standing at stud on my freezing account, but the Welsh-es will be my next project :)

I think maybe not being a breeder for the target horses will be better...? Mainly because I wouldn't have the time or space for them :(

Nope, no suggestions or anything. Thanks for checking in!

:D
Of course! There hasn't really been an official check in on everyone, and this is a pretty good time for it.

I get that; I'm taking a break from being a Breeder once the Latvians are born because I'm a bit burnt out. I'm having fun with working on Minis and I'll probably do that for a while before picking up the club's target breed again. No worries!
Thank you :D
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Fantastic news! We have our first Latvian filly!

I'm going to freeze her at breeding age until I can make a colt. Breeding will continue until I make a small herd, at which point the breed will be considered complete. I might try to increase their HGP, but I also might just call it good at that point and get rid of them.

All members are welcome to reserve up to two Latvians for $1 each. Please only take them if you plan to use them for breeding or to allow others to breed to them in the case of studs. These horses won't be high HGP; they'll probably be in the 40k-55k range. Therefore they likely won't yet excel in competitions and won't prove to be useful as grinders. They'll need additional breeding to get their HGP up if they're to be anything other than a collector's item.

Extras will be used 1. as prizes for the community's contests and 2. as auctioned horses for the entire HWO community. You're welcome to buy from the auction as you so please.

Collectors are welcome to poke around and source some additional buyers who'd like to take some in as an improvement project; I'd like them to continue to be bred rather than frozen. I'll probably also have Doles and North Swedish Horses that will need new homes as I won't be keeping them. If you're interested in those or know someone who is then let me know; they'll be up for grabs once the Latvian herd is formed.
Heartland2001
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

EclipticEnd wrote:Fantastic news! We have our first Latvian filly!

I'm going to freeze her at breeding age until I can make a colt. Breeding will continue until I make a small herd, at which point the breed will be considered complete. I might try to increase their HGP, but I also might just call it good at that point and get rid of them.

All members are welcome to reserve up to two Latvians for $1 each. Please only take them if you plan to use them for breeding or to allow others to breed to them in the case of studs. These horses won't be high HGP; they'll probably be in the 40k-55k range. Therefore they likely won't yet excel in competitions and won't prove to be useful as grinders. They'll need additional breeding to get their HGP up if they're to be anything other than a collector's item.

Extras will be used 1. as prizes for the community's contests and 2. as auctioned horses for the entire HWO community. You're welcome to buy from the auction as you so please.

Collectors are welcome to poke around and source some additional buyers who'd like to take some in as an improvement project; I'd like them to continue to be bred rather than frozen. I'll probably also have Doles and North Swedish Horses that will need new homes as I won't be keeping them. If you're interested in those or know someone who is then let me know; they'll be up for grabs once the Latvian herd is formed.
Can I reserve a filly and a colt
Heartland Stables Breeder Of Quality TBs And More
Image Image
If You Fall Off You Have To Get Back On To Overcome Your Fears
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:26 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:26 pm