The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Miniature Horses

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Shazza
Visit My Farm

Re: Miniature Horses

Post by Shazza »

by Babson Arabian » Today, 1:11 am

im on the edge of giving up on the breeding -_-' so irritating!
I'm going through my stables a little later and will be selling off a few of my horses - could be a mixture of breeds (Thoroughbreds, Criollo, Thoroughbred x Criollo, Shetland, Falabella). So just keep a lookout in my For sale barn, mabey there's a few there that could help your breeding program.

Alternatively there are a few stallions up for stud with the right build for Falabella's (then you're half way to miniature!)
I might also be selling off all my mini's since I'm focussing more on Falabella's - they are all from the same mare though.
belovedrooster33
Visit My Farm

Post by belovedrooster33 »

Kintara wrote:
Rhapsody wrote:Why can't we just buy Minis like in other games. This is the one thing that keeps me from really getting hooked on this game, not being able to get the breeds I want. It's a great game otherwise but way too much work.
That's the part I love best Rhapsody!! The challenge of creating some breeds!! If you only want to show there are plenty of small ponies usually up for sale
hi. I am trying to breed minis. what are the combos to make them?
Enchanted Equine
Visit My Farm

Post by Enchanted Equine »

I’m currently in the process of creating miniatures! At one point I had a herd of around 35 but I ended up getting rid of them all sadly. Now I’m trying again! I have four Shetland mares bred to a Falabella stallion currently!
Mini Horse Breeder
Visit My Farm

Post by Mini Horse Breeder »

Can someone please tell me all the ways you can breed a 100% miniature horse? Thanks!
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

Mini Horse Breeder wrote:Can someone please tell me all the ways you can breed a 100% miniature horse? Thanks!
Buy the Miniature evaluation book in the Book Store. Find yourself a Shetland Pony (can be bought in the Adoption Centre for 25 tokens. They are also sold for relatively cheap on the marketplace.) and a Falabella. (Can be bought or bred, your choice.) Go to both of the horses' pages and evaluate them (with the book) for the miniature breed. I suggest you get two that have a 3*-5*, but 4*-5* works best. Breed them together a few times and if they pair well then they should produce a miniature eventually.
This goes for creating any breed and not just miniatures. Simply buy the book of the breed you want to create, gather the breeds you need to create it, evaluate them, breed them.

For future reference your question should belong in Gameplay Questions & Help and not here.
A wise man once said nothing at all.
Mini Horse Breeder
Visit My Farm

Thanks! I will try it :-)
Mini Horse Breeder
Visit My Farm

I actually own 2 miniature horses in real life! I show one of them and I trained her completely from her being a backyard pet to a competitive mini. We actually just got back from a show on Friday...a 3rd in a halter class and a 5th in a showmanship class (o/o 8 or 9)!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:05 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:05 pm