The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Miniature Horses

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Kintara
Visit My Farm

Re: Miniature Horses

Post by Kintara »

Deslumbrar wrote:I think all of the short TBs are coming from Digit and Genesis lines..
I did have some small ones I bred for the welshies but they have long died out, so yes I've just used what was up for stud, which seems to be a lot of Digit!
Kintara
Visit My Farm

Post by Kintara »

Shazza wrote:Tom Thumb is up for stud! Please let me know if any of you guys breed small thoroughbred x criollo stallions, my stable can use an infusion of new blood! Currently there are only 3/4 criollo stallions up for stud so I'm struggling with that part of the breeding mixture..
I have one but he'll probably be the same/similar bloodlines LOL
Shazza
Visit My Farm

Post by Shazza »

Yes please put him up for stud if you don't mind - at least it's some new thoroughbred blood ;)

**EDIT:

Tom Thumb is up for public stud, for some reason he doesn't show up in the market though (My other horses do show up in the market, and I had a green notification when I put him up so I haven't reached my stud limit)! So if you guys want to breed him you'll have to go find him on my farm. He's in the Thoroughbred Stallion Pasture.

I also have a Criollo x TB boy that'll mature within the Falabella size range that'll be up for breeding when he's old enough.
Babson Arabian
Visit My Farm

Post by Babson Arabian »

i will buy brave heart from you. name a price :)
also i have a foal of his. still half shetland . might breed to him again and see if i can get a small filly and breed it back to him.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/229506
Shazza
Visit My Farm

Post by Shazza »

i will buy brave heart from you. name a price :)
also i have a foal of his. still half shetland . might breed to him again and see if i can get a small filly and breed it back to him.
Hmm will $7,500 be fine? Let me know if that's fine for you and I'll put him up.
I might have a few more Thoroughbred x Criollo's and small (10hh and under) thoroughbreds up for sale soon as well (both mares and stallions)..

That's a pretty colt! And 3 star for Falabella! Would be nice for you if you could keep that rating when you breed him back. I use some of my half shetlands to make more horse type and lighter shetlands. It's worked well so far, most of my full bred shetlands are 3 star and I think I just had one born thats 4 star..
Kintara
Visit My Farm

Post by Kintara »

Well I managed to breed a Falabella, next step miniatures!

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/236503
TheSpottedCat
Visit My Farm

Post by TheSpottedCat »

Tom Thumb doesn't show up for stud because he is smaller than the smallest height searchable, that is 20 inches. Tom Thumb is just 16 inches.
Deslumbrar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Deslumbrar »

Kintara wrote:Well I managed to breed a Falabella, next step miniatures!

Freaking finally jeebus
Shazza
Visit My Farm

Post by Shazza »

Postby Kintara » Yesterday, 12:10 pm

Well I managed to breed a Falabella, next step miniatures!
Congrats Kintara! So excited for you!
by TheSpottedCat » Yesterday, 3:58 pm

Tom Thumb doesn't show up for stud because he is smaller than the smallest height searchable, that is 20 inches. Tom Thumb is just 16 inches.
I figured it was that - saw a post of it in the bug posts. I have put up two more small TB studs for breeding (16&18 inch), they can be found in my Thoroughbred Stallion pasture. I've also put up a 15Inch Thoroughbred x Criollo boy (he can be found in my Thoroughbred x Criollo Pasture).
Shazza
Visit My Farm

Post by Shazza »

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:55 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:55 am