The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Miniatures

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
ScarlettDeath
Visit My Farm

Miniatures

Post by ScarlettDeath »

Hey guys i was just wondering why pure miniatures are so hard to find, did the game just add them in?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Miniatures

Post by BlackOak2 »

ScarlettDeath wrote:Hey guys i was just wondering why pure miniatures are so hard to find, did the game just add them in?
No.
They're a rare breed. They're hard to breed from scratch or from recipe parents and there simply aren't a lot of interested breeders. Or maybe I should correct that to say 'aren't a lot of interested active]/i] breeders.'

Miniatures are a pain to breed. And that's from experience. Not the hardest, arguably, but definitely one of the more expert recipe breeds to tackle.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
ScarlettDeath
Visit My Farm

Post by ScarlettDeath »

BlackOak2 wrote:
ScarlettDeath wrote:Hey guys i was just wondering why pure miniatures are so hard to find, did the game just add them in?
No.
They're a rare breed. They're hard to breed from scratch or from recipe parents and there simply aren't a lot of interested breeders. Or maybe I should correct that to say 'aren't a lot of interested active]/i] breeders.'

Miniatures are a pain to breed. And that's from experience. Not the hardest, arguably, but definitely one of the more expert recipe breeds to tackle.

Okay! Thank you so much! I am wanting to become a breeder in that breed so maybe i can start it up haha
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

ScarlettDeath wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
No.

Okay! Thank you so much! I am wanting to become a breeder in that breed so maybe i can start it up haha

:) Good luck!
A couple tips, COI can be your friend and also, 'all things that are wrong, can be fixed with a good grade horse'.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
ScarlettDeath
Visit My Farm

Post by ScarlettDeath »

BlackOak2 wrote:
ScarlettDeath wrote:

A couple tips, COI can be your friend and also, 'all things that are wrong, can be fixed with a good grade horse'.
Okay thank you so much! hopefully i can figure it out with the help of the games spread sheets and other players like yourself haha. Im just not good with all the technical stuff :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

ScarlettDeath wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Okay thank you so much! hopefully i can figure it out with the help of the games spread sheets and other players like yourself haha. Im just not good with all the technical stuff :D
Just take it a step at a time. If you get stuck somewhere, ask the community (you've already figured that out :) ) and there should be somebody around here that can explain it in just the way that YOU need.

The great thing about this game, is that you don't need to understand the 'technical stuff', to get somewhere. It certainly can make it a little easier, if you're technically minded... and it also helps those of us that have OCD tendencies [and those that actually have OCD], so... this game pretty much covers everybody's ability and level of play.

Go at your own rate and if you happen to get stuck somewhere, you can't wrap your head around what's happening, then we'll try to find an explanation that fits you. If it doesn't exist, ... in that case... we'll write a new one up. :P

8-)
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
horsegirl008~2
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008~2 »

ScarlettDeath wrote:Ping
Hi! I'm a miniature breeder, actually! (I also breed Arabians, Quarabs, Arappaloosas, and occasionally Welsh Ponies, but Miniatures are my main focus on this account 8-) ) Anyways, I just started breeding miniatures not too long ago, and I finally bred my first 100% Miniature about a month ago :D I thought you might like to browse my farm and see my horses, but more specifically, see my miniatures in this pasture. I have 2 for stud currently, and I might be willing to sell. Just link a horse you might be interested in and I'll let you know if I want to sell it. Also, feel free to ask me any questions you might have about miniatures - both in the game and in real life! (I own 2 adorable miniature mares in real life, and I've learned a lot about them in the 2 years I've had them!)
:mrgreen:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:38 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:38 am