The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

The Rare Breed Repopulation Community (2023 Edition)

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: The Rare Breed Repopulation Community (2023 Edition)

Post by EclipticEnd »

Hiya all! Good news, a Latvian Harness Horse colt has been born! This means I can officially sell the Doles and North Swedish Horses that I've been holding onto and start breeding up Latvians for those in the club who wanted them. Again, let me know if you want any. There'll be a max of two per person; extras will be sold in sales as well as put into contests as prizes.

I'll update this once I get a sales post going for the NSH and DG horses.
Edit: Here's the sale page!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Hey everyone! Just notifying you all that the official April contest has been posted! It's a closed contest that only club members may enter, so give it a check if you will. There's multiple choices for prizes and with the limited member count it's likely that you'll win a prize.

To other leaders: let me know if you think anything needs changed. I've been working on gathering up the prizes that I've listed and I'll continue to do so throughout the month. I was thinking that we'd use some of the club funds for the prize money choice, but if that seems too steep then I'll happily sponsor that myself outside of club funds.
Sandalwood Project
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sandalwood Project »

Username(s): hdmcminn/ramcminn/Sandalwood Project
Breeding Project(s): Florida Cracker, Sandalwoods, and Cayuse Indian Pony
Preferred Breed: Quarter Horses, Appaloosas, current projects, and all rare breeds
Why you want to be a Specific Breeder: (Optional) I really enjoy breeding new breeds. I actually bred the first Quarter Horse in the game from scratch and one of the first Thoroughbreds. I also was breeding Aztecas and Choctaw Indian Horses but passed those projects onto to rosie0922 due to lack of space
Other: I usually have space on my Sandalwood acct and could potentially scroll through days once Mystic's contest is over so I might be able to help in other ways too.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Sandalwood Project wrote:Username(s): hdmcminn/ramcminn/Sandalwood Project
Breeding Project(s): Florida Cracker, Sandalwoods, and Cayuse Indian Pony
Preferred Breed: Quarter Horses, Appaloosas, current projects, and all rare breeds
Why you want to be a Specific Breeder: (Optional) I really enjoy breeding new breeds. I actually bred the first Quarter Horse in the game from scratch and one of the first Thoroughbreds. I also was breeding Aztecas and Choctaw Indian Horses but passed those projects onto to rosie0922 due to lack of space
Other: I usually have space on my Sandalwood acct and could potentially scroll through days once Mystic's contest is over so I might be able to help in other ways too.
That's really neat! Sounds like you've been through your fair share of breeding. Welcome to the club. Let me know if we can help with anything!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

On the topic of the contest: If you think you're going to enter then I encourage you to enter early. You don't need to add any horse links, but this'll give me an idea of what prizes I should have prepared; there's the chance of a lot of titled horses being given out and I want to ensure that I have enough. Thanks!

Also, does anyone have any updates? I'd love to hear how your projects are going, both in and out of the club! It's been pretty quiet here recently.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Three days left until that contest closes. Hopefully someone else pops in with an entry!

I'll work on figuring out some less competitive club activities for the future. I realize that the current contest is perhaps not everyone's interest. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions. They don't have to be contests, they could be things such as art trades, horse trades, etc.

I'm going to assume that everyone's taking a break from RBRC things which is perfectly okay. Let me know if you guys want to hope back into the club's projects or if you guys need help with anything else! I'll be taking a more active role in breeding things again once I breed some Miniatures which could still be a while as I'm taking a break from turns at the moment.

If any of you guys have started on the Irish Sport Horses then let me know; I'm going to be culling a lot of horses from my secondary farm next month so I'll be able to take in some club horses from those who're doing their own thing.

For anyone outside of the club, we're still open despite the silence that's fallen recently. You're more than welcome to join if you'd like.
Heartland2001
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

Do you mind giving me a link to the competition I've been very busy with school and if you have any recipe horses for the ISH I would to take a pair
Heartland Stables Breeder Of Quality TBs And More
Image Image
If You Fall Off You Have To Get Back On To Overcome Your Fears
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Heartland2001 wrote:Do you mind giving me a link to the competition I've been very busy with school and if you have any recipe horses for the ISH I would to take a pair
Here's the contest. I'll get back to you with some recipe horses. I wasn't personally working on them but I'm sure I can source some.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Heartland2001 wrote:Do you mind giving me a link to the competition I've been very busy with school and if you have any recipe horses for the ISH I would to take a pair
Here's the contest. I'll get back to you with some recipe horses. I wasn't personally working on them but I'm sure I can source some.
Irish Sport Horse (596) = Thoroughbred x Irish Draught

There aren't any Irish Draughts in the market nor public studs so we'll have to make some.

Irish Draught (316) = [ Belgian x Thoroughbred ] x [ Andalusian x Connemara ]

Here's an Andalusian filly to start off with (ufo already). She's N/A for Irish Draught, but we can make her work with proper planning. We'll use some of the Connemara public studs for this. I'd suggest trying any of the ones that I list below as they should help fix her up for foals, and of course if the stud fee's too much on any of them I can transfer club funds.

Connemara Studs: 1 2 3 (this guy's pretty great for her)

You can also use her to breed more Andalusians if you'd like; I have a 3* stud that you're welcome to use (you'll just have to tell me to put him up). It's not strictly necessary, but it's good to have an extra filly/mare just in case.

Belgians and TBs are of course much easier to provide. Pretty much any two will work and balance each other out, but I can pick some out specifically if you'd like me to.

If you're busy with school work then don't worry too much. This can always wait! : )
Steinböckin
Visit My Farm

Re: RBRC Role Application/Changes

Post by Steinböckin »

EclipticEnd wrote:Quote me!

If you have any roles you'd like to apply for, or if you'd like to change the roles that you have... Quote me! This will ping the Leaders and alert them that you need approval.

Please include any forms from the main post.
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
Heartland2001 wrote:
Hey there!

I'd love to join the community as I started to breed rare breeds since the day I joined.

Username(s): Steinböckin | Funke
Do you meet the Requirements?: Yes
Why you want to be a Breeder: (Optional) Always loved the rarer breeds and the challenge (+ the excitement when I got a new breed)
Other: Already Have some of the less then 100 breeds, for example Aenos, Arenberg-Nordkirchen, Bali, Batak, Fouta, Java, Manipuri Pony, Maremana, Murgese, Spiti, Taishuh, Sumbawa, ...
Most breeds I have more then one horse and would love to help anyone who also is breeding in this cummunity

Also would love to gain a higher rank if it's possible at one point (no specific breeder tho)

Cheers xx
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:57 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:57 pm