The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

The Rare Breed Repopulation Community (2023 Edition)

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: RBRC Role Application/Changes

Post by EclipticEnd »

ThatShowKiddd wrote:I was working really hard to get some different colors going so they didnt all look the same. I've been using some of my good AQH eval thoroughbreds that have some really nice colors on them. once i get the population to over 510 ima call it quits. And i appreciate your help! This horse is up for sell and you can just rehome him :) https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3775113
Sounds good! I'll mark them off the list when they get to that point. I've offered 15k on the horse; it should be more than enough for that book.
ThatShowKiddd
Visit My Farm

Post by ThatShowKiddd »

EclipticEnd wrote:
ThatShowKiddd wrote:I was working really hard to get some different colors going so they didnt all look the same. I've been using some of my good AQH eval thoroughbreds that have some really nice colors on them. once i get the population to over 510 ima call it quits. And i appreciate your help! This horse is up for sell and you can just rehome him :) https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3775113
Sounds good! I'll mark them off the list when they get to that point. I've offered 15k on the horse; it should be more than enough for that book.
Thank you I've been kinda struggling with money so that really helped!
_-"Every Horse Deserves An Owner, But Not Every Owner Deserves A Horse."-_
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm

Re: The Rare Breed Repopulation Community (2023 Edition)

Post by K's Eventing »

Hello! Checking in because I haven't been on in a bit. :)
We just moved to my family ranch so things have been chaotic. My toddler has been keeping me busy, so I have not been able to play much. :lol: Now onto business.

First off if anyone needs any Tarpan × Belgian for a breed they are working towards, I have two mares that are no longer in use to me. They have done great with their production of Norman Cobs, and I am sure they will be with others. If you are interested just reply to the message, I am subscribed to the topic as well.

Onto Austrian Warmblood production pt. 1
I am still working on those Norfolk Trotters. I cannot tell if they are a horse or a mule with how stubborn they are being. It would also help if I bred them to the correct breed, way to go KJ. :roll:
ElipticEnd, if you are reading [E] Wild And Free will need a energy refill soon. :)

Austrian Warmblood Production pt.2
In this crazy production, I have managed to accidentally breed an Exmoor with a 5* Galloway Evaluation. She will be extremely helpful for the Thoroughbred portion of this project. The portion I am absolutely terrified to breed :lol:.

Austrian Warmblood Production pt. 3
I am also working on the Trakehner portion of the project, which seemed the simplest to tackle. Simple was an understatement. My mare is only dropping Exmoors and not Mongolians :x, extremely irritating, I must be patient though.

Austrian Warmbloods pt. 4
Last but not least, the Norman Cobs. I am just breeding them to a 5* evaluation, I would love to have a higher chance at getting a Nonius. If I breed a 5* Norman Cob to a 4* Norfolk, the cross will most likely be a 4* or 3* if I am lucky enough a 5*. I would rather a 4* [Norfolk Trotter × Norman Cob] being bred to a [Arabian × Andalusian] 4* because there is a higher chance of a Nonius.
If I am wrong on the information, feel free to correct me. :lol:
That are all of my updates on Austrian Warmbloods for now.
:D
How is it going with everyone else's projects?
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Welcome To The Rare Breed Repopulation Community

═════════════════════════════════════════════════

Please do not quote this main post.

The previous author of the RBRC is taking an estimated year long break.
To keep things running smoothly, the topic has been remade and updated for 2023.

When the previous author returns we'll decide to either use this post, the former post, or a new one.

About Us

Spartan Onyx has come together with many other members of the community with one goal in sight: Repopulating the rare breeds of HWO. If any breed has under 500 live horses, we will work together to breed it back into popularity.

Our motto is simple, yet inspiring.

~Teamwork is best~

We work together on this. Though the various members may be working on different projects, we still try to support each other however we can.

This may include:

Sharing Studs
Donating Horses/Time/Money
Trading Horses
Selling Horses

And various other actions and activities to assist each other.

These are also benefits to joining this community. We work together to help each other prosper and we support each other in our various ventures in the game.

Official Colors:

Rusty Orange [#dc541d]
Teal Blue [#5a877f]
Black [Default]
White [#FFFFFF]

Official Contests:

None at the moment.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Suggested Contests:

Highest Conformation Stat bred from AC Horses

Rules
Please be aware that all HWO Rules apply.

•1•
No Bullying or Harassing
This also includes begging for and/or demanding horses or money from the members.

•2•
No Cheating
Taking advantage of players' money, horses, or anything else. This could also mean using multiple accounts to trick or scam others.

•3•
No Hijacking or Service Demands
Don't ask players for horses, training, or money unless you are a registered member. If you are not a member then please do not use this topic as a form of advertising.

•4•
No Scamming
Do not offer something to another person for something in return only to not follow through. This will not be tolerated. Follow through with your trades, it's not funny nor quirky and will in fact see you out of this club.

•5•
No Lying
This goes with the scamming and cheating rule. Just don't do it, it get you banned from HWO.

•6•
No Inappropriate or Childish Behavior
Make sure your sent replies are formal and appropriate. We embrace a degree of casual chatting, but keep things somewhat professional.

Club Goals

One Stud & Mare From Each Rare Breed

A Pasture's Worth of Trained & Comped Rare Breeds

Achieved Teamwork & Friendship

Repopulate High-quality Rare Breeds (500 in population or less)

Repopulate High-quality Ultra-Rare Breeds (100 in population or less)

Brand

As an official breeding community, it would only be appropriate to have an official branding; therefore, we present our official brand:

❖║R•B•R•C║❖

This brand should be used on RBRC bred horses before they are transferred to anyone regardless if they're inside or outside of the group. This includes rare breeds as well as recipe horses.

Removing the brand from a branded horse will see the group closed to you.

If you find it unfair, ping a leader with ideas, complaints, concerns, etc.

They're always open to suggestions.

Membership Tiers

Tiers are membership roles which you can apply to become. Some tiers may have particular requirements, so please read carefully.

You can apply for additional roles as you wish. You can also choose to drop a role should you want to. Both options are available at any time.

Some tiers will be updated from the previous topic. Any changes will be approved by either two leaders or three non-leader members. Members are welcome to suggest changes as they wish.

Please add any comments, questions, or suggestions under the "Other" section of the forms for these roles when applying.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Tier One: Breeder

Breeders are given a few target breeds to create. These breeds will be at most 500 in population and will likely require multiple breeds as recipe horses that they will also have to make.

They will be tasked with working together to breed the horses needed with the help of the Extra Breeder tier and to eventually create the club's listed breeds.

If you're not experienced with making new breeds, we have advisors willing to help teach you.

Requirements:

Experience with creating new breeds. (Optional)
Good teamwork and communication.

Form:

Code: Select all

[b]Username(s)[/b]:
[b]Do you meet the Requirements?[/b]:
[b]Why you want to be a Breeder[/b]: (Optional)
[b]Other[/b]:
Current Breeders:
EclipticEnd / FrozenKey
Gabby_Woodlark / Gabby Woodlark + GabbysPets + Gabbys Pets
Hannah771
Opalhorse22 / Opal_horse69 + Frozen Opal
Spartan Onyx / Thoroughbredfan2552 (Unconfirmed)
UniqueFarms / UniqueFarmsHolding + UniqueFarmsBoarding

Tier Two: Specific Breeder

Specific Breeders, suggested by UnpredictableDragon, are a type of Breeder that choose which breed they will attempt to breed. These breeds are not necessarily included in the club's list.

If you're working on a breeding project that breeds rare breeds (or the recipe horses required for them) then this is for you. In this tier you choose from the entire HWO horse breeds list and work on what you'd like for however long you'd like. This allows you to be in the club and have club benefits without abandoning your projects.

Requirements:

None.

Form:

[b]Username(s)[/b]:
[b]Breeding Project(s)[/b]:
[b]Preferred Breed[/b]:
[b]Why you want to be a Specific Breeder[/b]: (Optional)
[b]Other[/b]:
Current Specific Breeders:

brightspace16
Coda / Coda02
EclipticEnd / FrozenKey
horsegirl008 / horsegirl008~2 + horsegirl008_freezer
K's Eventing / ᭙ashington Estates
longhi.pouncer
ThatShowKiddd
UnpredictableDragon / Dragon2

Tier Three: Extra Breeder

Extra Breeders are the breeders of recipe horses. They're a supporting role to the other Breeder roles. Extra Breeders will be given the horses required to make a recipe horses, make any crossbreeds needed, tidy them up to fit the target evaluation, and send them back to the Breeders and Challenged Breeders.

Very specifically, these breeders will only work on breeding for evaluations, not creating new breeds.
You will be given the horses needed by the other Breeder roles and/or Collectors and you will not have to create a new breed yourself.

As an example, if the club's focus were on the Garrano breed (Sorraia x [ Arabian x Sorraia ]) then you would not be creating the Sorraia breed nor the Garranos, but you would be given Sorraia horses which you'd then custom breed in order to get a good Garrano evaluation from them. You'd do the same with some Arabians, make some Sorraia x Arabian mixes that also fit that evaluation, and then you'd pass the Sorraias and Sorraia x Arabian mixes back to the breeders.

You will be expected to get to at least a 3* evaluation for the target breed, but a 4*-5* evaluation is preferred; the higher the evaluation, the better. Advisors and Evaluators will assist as needed.

After breeding the recipe horses, Extra Breeders will then pass the horses to the Breeders and Challenged Breeders who will breed the rare breeds that they're used for. This role is meant to help take some of the strain off of the other breeders as well as (hopefully) stop the breeders from running into space issues.

Requirements:

Experience in breeding for an evaluation.
Premium to quickly transfer horses. (Optional)

Form:

[b]Username(s)[/b]:
[b]Why you want to be an Extra Breeder[/b]: (Optional)
[b]Other[/b]:
Current Extra Breeders:

brightspace16
EclipticEnd / FrozenKey
Iris Rock Stables / Iris Rock 2 + Royal Dressage

Tier Four: Challenged Breeder

Challenged Breeders are experienced players who have bred new breeds in the past. They will be working on a separate breed list to the normal Breeders, and will be making all of the breeds that they need themselves.

Horses made by this tier will be at 100 population or less. They will be supported by the Extra Breeders, Advisors, and Evaluators as needed.

Requirements:

Experience in breeding new breeds.
Space to work on multiple breeds at once if needed.

Form:

[b]Username(s)[/b]:
[b]Why you want to be a Challenged Breeder[/b]: (Optional)
[b]Proof of Experience[/b]: (Optional)
[b]Other[/b]:

Current Challenged Breeders:

brightspace16
Heartland2001 / Heartlandfreeze

Tier Five: Treasurer

It's the Treasurers' job to keep an eye on club funds. This includes passing out money to members when they need it as well as fundraising for the club if required. This does not include dealing with Pony Tokens.

A member might need funds to get horses for the club, to get the books to become an evaluator, to host a club contest, or any other situation. It's the Treasurer's job to help with that. They'll be given a portion of the club's funds to do this if necessary.

Please do not take advantage of this role. Club money is the club's, and anyone caught using that money for something outside of the club will no longer be part of this little community. That being said, please don't be afraid to ask for funds for club purposes.

Requirements:

Good judgement on when funds should/shouldn't be given.
At least one slot of farm space to take and rehome horses in exchange for the transferred money.
Money itself. (Somewhat Optional)

Form:

[b]Username(s)[/b]:
[b]Would you like to donate funds to the club?[/b]:
[b]Do you need funds in order to be a Treasurer?[/b]:
[b]Why you want to be a Treasurer[/b]: (Optional)
[b]Other[/b]:
Current Treasurers:

EclipticEnd / FrozenKey

Tier Six: Collector

Collectors collect horses for the club. This includes rare breeds from the Market and Sales forums as well as recipe horses that the Breeder tiers may need. Funds will be given by the Treasurers to support this.

Rare breeds that're both found on the market or created by the club will either be put into a freeze account (assuming they will be used in the future) or sold to players who will use them. As such, another job of the Collectors is to find buyers for the club's created rare breeds.

Treasurers might help by creating an auction for these horses in order to boost club funds.

Requirements:

A frozen account able to hold at least 12 horses.
Time. Time and patience are required to browse the market and forums.
Communication with Treasurers, Leaders, and Breeders.

Form:

[b]Username(s)[/b]:
[b]Do You Meet The Requirements[/b]:
[b]Why You Want To Join As A Collector (Optional)[/b]:
[b]Proof of Open Space[/b]:
[b]Other[/b]:
Current Collectors:

Tier Seven: Advisor

Advisors, suggested by me (EclipticEnd), are experienced breeders. They know tips and tricks for breeding and/or other things related to rare breeds. Any type of Breeder can ping an Advisor with any questions they may have.

This is a gentle supporting role. As such, you can be this role as well as any other roles in the club without being overwhelmed.

Requirements:

Experience in creating new breeds.
Experience in creating recipe horses.
Good knowledge of the game's breeding mechanics.

Form:

[b]Username(s)[/b]:
[b]Will you help any and all members?[/b]:
[b]Why you want to be an Advisor[/b]:
[b]Other[/b]:
Current Advisors:

EclipticEnd / FrozenKey

Tier Eight: Evaluator

Evaluators, offered by me (EclipticEnd), help all Breeder tiers by offering evaluations to those who can't afford the books or don't want to continually get new books as the club's breeding progresses.

Evaluators are expected to have all of the books for every HWO breed. This is a lot of books, which is why I suggest doing this on an alternate account rather than your primary.

Because it's a large number of books, financial help is offered via the Treasurers in order to get all of them in the case that you want to become this role. This is again a gentle supporting role as most players tend to get their own books, so you're welcome to be any other role in the club as well.

Requirements:

All Evaluation Books. (Money can be provided if needed)

Form:

[b]Username(s)[/b]:
[b]Why you want to be an Evaluator[/b]:
[b]If you don't have all of the books already, do you need funds?[/b]:
[b]If 'Yes' to the above, please ping a Treasurer.[/b]
[b]Other[/b]:
Current Evaluators:

EclipticEnd / FrozenKey

Tier Nine: Leaders

As you might guess, Leaders are the ones in charge. They approve or disapprove member applications, assign breeds to different types of breeders, and help with any questions, concerns, or complaints. They take suggestions from the community to help better the club and put them into action.

Leaders are expected to pick up any role as needed for the club. This means that leaders should be ready to become Breeders, Evaluators, Advisors, Collectors, or Treasurers at any time.

Leaders are in charge of delegating things to the rest of the club. They're also in charge of the club's contests.

Requirements:

You've been an HWO member for at least 1 IRL year.
You feel you can do any of the club's roles if needed.
You're passionate about this club and it's community.

You've been part of this community for at least a week.

Good decision making.
Active player (online at least once a week).
Friendly, respected, and willing to help others.

Form:

[b]Username(s)[/b]:
[b]Do you meet the Requirements[/b]:
[b]Why you want to be a Leader[/b]:
[b]How often are you online?[/b]:
[b]Other[/b]:
Current Leaders:

EclipticEnd / FrozenKey
Spartan Onyx / Thoroughbredfan2552

Finances:

The club funds currently total:

$6,415,000

To those who have donated, we appreciate you.

Funds can be claimed for buying, breeding, or just all-out help with bankruptcy. No form is needed. All you need to say is "I need x amount of money", and a Treasurer will give you that amount.

Please do not take advantage of this and please be reasonable. Horses should cost no more than 100k per; anything more than that requires the approval of a Leader before funds can be granted.

If a Treasurer needs to be given some of the club's funds, please let the fundholders know:

Gabby_Woodlark: $2,000,000 (Donated 2M)

EclipticEnd: $3,415,000 (Donated 3.43M)

Opalhorse22: $1,000,000 (Donated 1M)

Please ping me to update the above numbers as needed. If I've missed anyone or written down anything incorrectly, let me know.

I've updated it to the best that I know, but I can't remember what I've personally given as a Treasurer and am not expecting the others to, so I've reset things to the donated amounts. I'll personally fill any gaps that the other donators have in terms of their donations.

Member List:
(Alphabetical Order)

brightspace16
Coda / Coda02
EclipticEnd / FrozenKey
Hannah771
horsegirl008 / horsegirl008~2 + horsegirl008_freezer
longhi.pouncer
Spartan Onyx / Thoroughbredfan2552
ThatShowKiddd

Don't be afraid to ping any leaders with questions, suggestions, concerns or more.
Username(s):
i hope so:
idk..because i love them: (Optional)
?:
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Horsechronicles12 wrote:Username(s):
i hope so:
?:
Sorry, I'm not sure which position you're applying for without the form. Is there a specific one you'd like to do?
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

EclipticEnd wrote:
Horsechronicles12 wrote:Username(s):
i hope so:
?:
Sorry, I'm not sure which position you're applying for without the form. Is there a specific one you'd like to do?
No. Any of them are ok
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Refreshing his energy right now! I hope he'll be able to breed something good; I've been having a lot of fails lately and I've been seeing others using some of my horses which *should* do well... but with no luck either. Fingers crossed!
Edit: He's refreshed and back up.

Funnily enough, the other horse that's being used a lot is my Friesian which someone's been trying to get a Galloway from. You're welcome to use him as well if you'd like. I have a few Arabian x NABS as well that I could put up, no idea about their evaluations right now though.

I had the same problem with... I think it was Sumbas and Tibetans? They both use the same recipe and I kept getting one more than the other. My advice would be to check the evaluations and see if you can't get a better eval for Mongolian than Exmoor going to increase your odds.

For that breeding it'll depend on your horses' evaluation stats. You'll want to balance them out as well as you can; two light builds (for example) are more likely to make a very light build than another light build or even a medium build. I know Arabians are lighter so that's something you'll have to watch; if nothing else I can offer a not-light build Arabian stud. I have a few of those for exactly that reason. If you can balance well then even breeding two 2* horses can have better chances than two 5* horses.

=====

Anyway, I've been taking a small break from doing turns. I'll probably get back to work on it today. I've made three? I think? Latvians and they've all been fillies which is both amazing and terrible because I need something to breed them to. The more the better I suppose since I'd like to offer them to the public in some way; this is the better alternative to the colt curse that I've been dealing with in my Shetlands.

I've also finally bred a Sorraia! I need multitudes of them for making Miniature Horses so I'm glad that I at least have one made. He's a colt which is nice, but I now need a mare so that I can get to work on evaluation breeding for Garranos, Carthusians, Andalusians, and Criollos. It'll be a pain probably but it is what it is.

Shetlands are coming along I suppose. My goal was Pearl with facial markings. It's now mostly just Pearl because the facial markings aren't all transferring as often as I'd like. I'm breeding to increase their HGP and then if needed I'll be fixing up their evaluations.
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Horsechronicles12 wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote: Sorry, I'm not sure which position you're applying for without the form. Is there a specific one you'd like to do?
No. Any of them are ok
I'll put you down as a Specific Breeder since I know you're getting into your own breeding project right now. That just means that you're breeding your own breed different to the club's current goal (which is Irish Sport Horses right now). If you ever want to take on a different role, let me know.
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

EclipticEnd wrote:
Horsechronicles12 wrote: No. Any of them are ok
I'll put you down as a Specific Breeder since I know you're getting into your own breeding project right now. That just means that you're breeding your own breed different to the club's current goal (which is Irish Sport Horses right now). If you ever want to take on a different role, let me know.
Ok. Thank you so much
dressage_queen420
Visit My Farm

Post by dressage_queen420 »

EclipticEnd wrote:Quote me!

If you have any roles you'd like to apply for, or if you'd like to change the roles that you have... Quote me! This will ping the Leaders and alert them that you need approval.

Please include any forms from the main post.
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
Heartland2001 wrote:
Hi! I'm a pretty new/infrequent player and I've been trying to breed Lusitanos, still have a ways to go but progress is slowly happening! I'd love to be in this group as a specific breeder :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:59 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:59 pm