Community Forum

Tobiano Paints Have Arrived

Official announcements about the new game.
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

Re: Tobiano Paints Have Arrived

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

larissar wrote:

Tobiano Paints Have Arrived

Find your favourite in the Adoption Centre

Its official folks, we have tobiano paints in the adoption centre!

Two weeks ago we quietly launched the tobiano paint pattern to numerous breeds. Since then we've made some adjustments to the pattern frequency, and refresh rate of old horses in the adoption centre. Now a horse will be available for 12 hours and if its not adopted a new horse will take its place. Check back often and you'll see so many beautiful horses.

There are thousands of pattern possibilities ranging from nearly full body white like a Medicine Hat, to just a small sock or star like a Slipped Tobiano.

Whats your favourite pattern?
I don't have all those extra horses :cry: do I have to be premium?
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

The adoption centre is the same for everyone. Try changing the breed to see other horses.
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

Tom wrote:The adoption centre is the same for everyone. Try changing the breed to see other horses.
Ok thanks Tom! You and Lassir help so much!
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Tom wrote:I asked Larissa and she doesn't remember exactly. We would have to read through the code to give you a proper answer. :?
Haha! That's actually hilarious. Too bad I didn't think to ask earlier! :lol:
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Horsechronicles12 wrote: I don't have all those extra horses :cry: do I have to be premium?
Just in case you're specifically asking about seeing tobi in the AC: Not every horse has loud patterns. You'll find the loud patterns in the North African Barbs and Shetlands. Belgians, Forest Horses, Tarpans, and Turkmenes will show the "slipped" tobi markings.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Tom wrote:
I just wanted to quickly ask if there will be a point when the tobi rate for AC NABs and Shetlands is reset to its original, or if there's a plan to lower it at any point? At this point it's super difficult to get either breed without tobi. Which I know is the exact opposite of the problem we had before. :lol:
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

Silverine wrote:
Tom wrote:
I just wanted to quickly ask if there will be a point when the tobi rate for AC NABs and Shetlands is reset to its original, or if there's a plan to lower it at any point? At this point it's super difficult to get either breed without tobi. Which I know is the exact opposite of the problem we had before. :lol:
We will be doing a big update and will look at the AC. If you have any suggestions now would be a good time to make them! ;)
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Tom wrote: We will be doing a big update and will look at the AC. If you have any suggestions now would be a good time to make them! ;)
Ooo! Neat! I personally would like more of a 50-50 split of tobiano and non-tobiano in NABs and Shetlands. And of course it will be awesome once we get the functionality for breeds that have reached a certain population to be added in. Otherwise the only suggestion I can really think of is maybe an option to only see stallions or only see mares. But that's just a really tiny nit-picky sort of thing.

BlackOak2 may have more insight into areas the AC needs improvement than I do so I'll ping them. :)
BlackOak2 wrote: Got any thoughts?
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm

Post by brettdiesel »

Tom wrote:The adoption centre is the same for everyone. Try changing the breed to see other horses.
Its not doing it for me either and i tryed the tip :cry: :cry:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
Tom wrote: We will be doing a big update and will look at the AC. If you have any suggestions now would be a good time to make them! ;)
Ooo! Neat! I personally would like more of a 50-50 split of tobiano and non-tobiano in NABs and Shetlands. And of course it will be awesome once we get the functionality for breeds that have reached a certain population to be added in. Otherwise the only suggestion I can really think of is maybe an option to only see stallions or only see mares. But that's just a really tiny nit-picky sort of thing.

BlackOak2 may have more insight into areas the AC needs improvement than I do so I'll ping them. :)
BlackOak2 wrote: Got any thoughts?
Yes, actually, I do! :lol:

Can we move the tree back a little? The fence also is a tad annoying when the horses can suddenly jump behind it. I don't think it's a bad thing when the horses jump behind the fence, makes seeing them a little hard, but it's interesting to see how they're suddenly in different pastures! :lol:

But it really seems like the horses gather around the three. I'm not sure about why, but they tend to group together there an unusual amount of time. So even if the tree is moved back to behind the fence, it'll make those horses not suddenly disappear behind it quite so much and kind of just stay there for multiple moves, hidden, as they were... behind the trunk.

Also, when any horse gets to the bottom left side of the screen, right against the nonexistent line, they get stuck there. Only able to move a couple 'inches' (millimeters) either up or down. Not really a problem, because when it happens, it's almost always just one, but I have also had two stuck there at the same time. Just a little sticky there for some reason. I've never had any that gets stuck there, move away from that spot thereafter. Needs a page refresh or just hit the 'Show Me The Horses' button.

I'm sure it's random, but sometimes the horses do herd together as well and just won't separate. Although rare, it can be annoying. Not sure if there is any remedy to that, or if there should be a remedy for that. Could be just one of those things that we deal with, after all, them herding together is also an endearing foible of the game too. 8-)

Would also be nice to see a short aid for which side of the sliders is which. For most of us, we understand that an arabian won't have good strength stat (so we can use that as a guide for the rest), but not everybody understands such things. So a simple left-side-weak and right-side-strong could really settle any dispute that might arise.

... I really do like the tree there... If it weren't for the horses congregating under it, I'd suggest even a second one. :lol: :mrgreen:

Might be nice to see the maximum ranges for type, height, body size and build for each breed that our AC horses can come at, would be a nice addition, but not really a necessity.

I agree that the tobiano genes are really too much at this point. A 50/50 would be a much better option. Even for the tarpans, sometimes it's impossible to find one that doesn't show any To at all. I think the rest of the AC breeds are good with the To though.

As for the things that work and should remain the same (in my opinion).

The descriptions are short and to the point. Any future additions should remain just like that.

Reroll factors seem to be just on point. That 24-hour rollover for each separate horse works well for me and it seems to for everybody else.

Also, the fact that if you hit the more-horses button, we can get the coat back with our desired gender, is another quite-ly nice addition (though it might take a few or a dozen button hits)... Choosing a gender for the AC would be perhaps better, but having it randomized is at least fair.

Mm... I have heard one suggestion that might be best to really consider. When we adopt, the horses all go into the first available least-filled pasture or barn. I assume it follows pasture and barn id numbers, but haven't actually looked to see if it's earliest or latest. It's be super helpful if we can designate one barn or one pasture for all the new arrivals to go into. Be nice if any purchases and adoptions go into the 'new arrival' pasture. But I wonder if it might also see newborns as new arrivals and screw that up somehow.

I think that exhausts my knowledge for potential changes to consider for the AC. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!