The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Welcome to the Forum

Official announcements about the new game.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Welcome to the Forum

Post by larissar »

Welcome to the community forum for the new version of Horse World Online!

The first part of the development process is to get the forum up and running and establish the general aesthetic feel of the entire website. So with that in mind please excuse all the dust lying around the forum right now :) Many pages look downright awful at the moment however that will improve each day.

Those of you who have been with me from the original game know how I do things, those of you who are new let me explain a bit. Firstly you may notice this forum is powered by PhpBB. Actually, not only is the forum powered by phpBB but the entire website use phpBB as a back end. The reason for this is simple: why on earth would I want to spend countless hours developing a forum which wouldn't be anywhere near as powerful as phpBB, nor as secure or as feature-full? My time is much better spend developing a game, not a forum. Plus phpBB is incredibly easy to use and modify. So, as you can see once the forum is running the all I have to do is add in the game.

What I need from you is for you to create topics, polls, add attachments, send private messages, basically use all of the features of the forum so that I can apply the correct css/html where necessary. In some instances I may need you to take screenshots and upload them on areas where access is restricted by account ownership (for example, I can't get access to your private messages so if something looks wrong there I'll need a screenshot).

Secondly this forum, once it is finished, will be a completely responsive design. Meaning it should look and work great on mobile devices so if you have a mobile device please also test the forum there as well. Responsive features will be the last part of the forum I work on though so keep that in mind.

If you have any questions please post them in the Questions forum as this forum will be for announcements only, and I haven't had the time this morning to find the setting to allow users to post replies to topics here while still restricting the ability to post new topics to only me. I'll get this fixed later tonight.
Last edited by larissar on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: new information
Tyyni
Visit My Farm

Re: Welcome to the Forum

Post by Tyyni »

I'm unable to send private messages. When I got to compose, it says the feature isn't available for me.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Tyyni wrote:I'm unable to send private messages. When I got to compose, it says the feature isn't available for me.
That is strange. I'll look into this tonight. Also, I'm not sure why I had to approve this post. I thought I had got all the settings correct so anyone could reply to topics in this sub-forum. Clearly I've still got something to set properly.
Tyyni
Visit My Farm

Post by Tyyni »

Yes, I see no PM button on your profile, also here is the exact statement it makes when trying to create a PM from my own inbox:

We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature.
MintySugarHorse2
Visit My Farm

Post by MintySugarHorse2 »

[
Zeal
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Zeal »

Tyyni wrote:I'm unable to send private messages. When I got to compose, it says the feature isn't available for me.
I may know why you can't send messages privately. If you go to player benefits ( go to store and it should come up ) it should show you premium. Premium is something you get by the pony tokens and if you read all of the advantages one of them is that you can talk to people privately so if you have a free basic account you are unable to send private messages. Hope this helped.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Horsepower123 wrote:
I may know why you can't send messages privately. If you go to player benefits ( go to store and it should come up ) it should show you premium. Premium is something you get by the pony tokens and if you read all of the advantages one of them is that you can talk to people privately so if you have a free basic account you are unable to send private messages. Hope this helped.
This was a problem back when the game was still young, in fact, this may have been before public release.
It's already been seen to.

Just so you know, we can see when the post was published if you look at the date just underneath the heading for that post (to the far right, the person's sign-up date is posted). This is why there are two dates on each post. One is sign-up for the player, the other is publish date of that specific post.

Hope This Helps!
Cheers!
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Zeal
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Zeal »

Is there a sale for four days? I'm so excited what do you think will be in the sale? I can't wait I will be on as soon as the sale comes on!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Horsepower123 wrote:Is there a sale for four days? I'm so excited what do you think will be in the sale? I can't wait I will be on as soon as the sale comes on!
Find information in this topic:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =2&t=17886
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Zeal
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Zeal »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Horsepower123 wrote:Is there a sale for four days? I'm so excited what do you think will be in the sale? I can't wait I will be on as soon as the sale comes on!
Find information in this topic:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =2&t=17886
OMG thanks so much! :P
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 pm