Community Forum

Summer Updates

Official announcements about the new game.
Little_Cookie771
Visit My Farm

Ideas for the future

Post by Little_Cookie771 »

Tom wrote:.
Like a lot of people on this forum, they hate this update. I did hate it at first, it got annoying when you have to go breed a java because the studs are either horrible or out of energy. But, I can also see why you did this update.
It might be to make the game realistic ( like 5 people stated ) or you wanted the stud factories to be toned down.
People could leave for a long time and still have money rolling in from their studs.

I really would like there to be geldings, to stop the spread of gene pool ( Geidim O'in stated that). People want to give out trained horses, but then people would breed them and all that person's work would be for nothing. Also for having a gelding, it could do better in competitions. So then people would have to choose either to geld the stallion or to have the stallion breed able.

I know that my idea that i just had would make maybe over 2/3 of the community hate it, but maybe if you want it realistic. This is what the update would have:
- miss carries
- twins ( rare chance that they dont die )
- some foals to have lavender foal syndrome ( where they cants stand after birth and die. they get the lavender foal syndrome because the foal becomes purple or lavender. It happens in some Arabians lines, which would kill a lot of the Arabians )
- For the breeding to fail ( as in.... nvm... i dont wanna get ban from forums ) Which would do horrible with the stallions losing energy when bred.
- and a lot of more syndromes
- Then for horses to die in competitions from injury or poor equipment

Another idea is that there could be special tack that would increase the horse's chance in a competition, but they are hard to find together. They would appear in the normal areas for tack, but there would be limited supply.

Tom you can totally just skip this whole reply if you want, but please take off the 'stallions losing energy from being bred'

Thank you for everyone who read this, I am proud that you read my whole post.
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Ideas for the future

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Little_Cookie771 wrote:
Tom wrote:.
Like a lot of people on this forum, they hate this update. I did hate it at first, it got annoying when you have to go breed a java because the studs are either horrible or out of energy. But, I can also see why you did this update.
It might be to make the game realistic ( like 5 people stated ) or you wanted the stud factories to be toned down.
People could leave for a long time and still have money rolling in from their studs.

I really would like there to be geldings, to stop the spread of gene pool ( Geidim O'in stated that). People want to give out trained horses, but then people would breed them and all that person's work would be for nothing. Also for having a gelding, it could do better in competitions. So then people would have to choose either to geld the stallion or to have the stallion breed able.

I know that my idea that i just had would make maybe over 2/3 of the community hate it, but maybe if you want it realistic. This is what the update would have:
- miss carries
- some foals to have lavender foal syndrome ( where they cants stand after birth and die. they get the lavender foal syndrome because the foal becomes purple or lavender. It happens in some Arabians lines, which would kill a lot of the Arabians )
- For the breeding to fail ( as in.... nvm... i dont wanna get ban from forums ) Which would do horrible with the stallions losing energy when bred.

Another idea is that there could be special tack that would increase the horse's chance in a competition, but they are hard to find together. They would appear in the normal areas for tack, but there would be limited supply.

Tom you can totally just skip this whole reply if you want, but please take off the 'stallions losing energy from being bred'

The unicorn horns already give a stat boost, during training and competition. These have been given away as prizes in Tom's contests.

As far as the studs loosing energy goes, you can always create your own studs or ping the owners and see if they are still on and can turn their stud. While I would love to see geldings and approval for breeding to stallions and mares (perhaps, some type of broodmare function, where the mare would give birth and the transfer of funds and foal would be automatic). Injuries/genetic illnesses wouldn't bother me, would add another complexity to the game that would be fun. Many more people would find it extemely bothersome (you think the stallion energy issue is bothering, that one will be peanuts compared to injuries).
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Little_Cookie771
Visit My Farm

Re: Ideas for the future

Baranduin Brewster wrote:
Little_Cookie771 wrote:

- miss carries

The unicorn horns already give a stat boost, during training and competition. These have been given away as prizes in Tom's contests.

As far as the studs loosing energy goes, you can always create your own studs or ping the owners and see if they are still on and can turn their stud. While I would love to see geldings and approval for breeding to stallions and mares (perhaps, some type of broodmare function, where the mare would give birth and the transfer of funds and foal would be automatic). Injuries/genetic illnesses wouldn't bother me, would add another complexity to the game that would be fun. Many more people would find it extemely bothersome (you think the stallion energy issue is bothering, that one will be peanuts compared to injuries).
Yay someone liked my idea. :)
And yes people will be angry that their horse might die from competing
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Summer Updates

Post by Tom »

There are some other features we are going to add before geldings, but they are planned for the future. We aren't going to remove energy use when breeding stallions as it's had the positive effects on the game we had hoped for when we put it in. Keep in mind most people never go into chat or post on the forum, and no one can see the overall status of the game the way we, the developers, can.
Random injuries may be more realistic, but I don't think it would add anything fun to the game.
Little_Cookie771
Visit My Farm

Re: Summer Updates

Tom wrote:There are some other features we are going to add before geldings, but they are planned for the future. We aren't going to remove energy use when breeding stallions as it's had the positive effects on the game we had hoped for when we put it in. Keep in mind most people never go into chat or post on the forum, and no one can see the overall status of the game the way we, the developers, can.
Random injuries may be more realistic, but I don't think it would add anything fun to the game.
Oh ok, i thought you were trying to make the game realistic.
Become a Patron!