The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Updates and Such

Official announcements about the new game.
glaselkj2021
Visit My Farm

Re: Updates and Such

Post by glaselkj2021 »

oh ok thnx u
Poponover
Visit My Farm

Post by Poponover »

Thank you!
Quarters Equestrian
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Quarters Equestrian »

thank you
Peoples
Visit My Farm

Post by Peoples »

My horse is pregnate
Wingless Flight
Visit My Farm

Post by Wingless Flight »

larissar wrote:Hello Horse World Online friends!

I'm sure you've all been wondering what's going on. Looks like its been quite some time since our last update post here so I wanted to fill you all in. Horse World Online will be getting a new server in the not to distant future. Woo!

In order to prepare for the move a number of things have been happening. First, a new development/testing server was setup to replace the old one. Technically there will be two testing servers. One running the old/existing software to make sure everything runs correctly in that environment. A second one will be setup just prior to the official move to replicate the new environment and make sure everything works 200% before we actually launch the new server. Its a major upgrade to the operating system as well as the web-server software and we want the process to be as seamless as possible.

Secondly, we're migrating all (ALL!) the horse images and other supporting files from the existing CDN (Content Delivery Network) to a new one. This alone is a major job which required some code changes on the live game, as well as some custom tools to actually migrate all the files. I currently have the testing server setup to do this migration since it pretty much has to run 24/7. We are currently 2.7 MILLION files migrated and that's only about half the files.

There are a little more code changes that are required on the live game to finalise the second half of the files to transfer, which should be active this week, and at that point I suspect the rest of the migration should hopefully only take a few weeks. That doesn't mean a new server comes in a couple weeks though, there are still many more steps left in the process. We want to make sure everything is working well. Don't forget you can always follow us on our Patreon where I'm posting more often and with more details. The Patreon also helps cover the costs of running this game and all these servers.

As always, hope you all continue to enjoy this game!
Has the server migration been completed yet? Are there any new plans for HWO?
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

Wingless Flight wrote: Has the server migration been completed yet? Are there any new plans for HWO?
I am by no means an authority on the subject, but though the transfer is still ongoing (I believe) they did fix something recently that cut down on the lag. A LOT. So at the very least the game is playable again.
Wingless Flight
Visit My Farm

Post by Wingless Flight »

Cypress Creek Elites wrote:
Wingless Flight wrote: Has the server migration been completed yet? Are there any new plans for HWO?
I am by no means an authority on the subject, but though the transfer is still ongoing (I believe) they did fix something recently that cut down on the lag. A LOT. So at the very least the game is playable again.
Thanks, I appreciate the info :)
Warband
Visit My Farm

Post by Warband »

Ive been wondering that myself considering its almost been a year since the last news post. Which has me mildly concerned in terms of long term goals.
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

We are still working on the update. It's all back end stuff though. HWO will be around for a long time.
HappyEquestrian
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by HappyEquestrian »

:shock: HWO should never ever go away
if it does i will be very very sad :cry: and depressed LOL
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:24 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:24 am