The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Looking for Sooty Dapple

Post your stallions available for stud, or stallions you are looking for.
Forum rules
Make sure to include a descriptive subject so other players know quickly which threads to have a look at.
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Looking for Sooty Dapple

Post by Malakai10 »

Looking for sooty dapple studs.

Requirements:

Less than $100 000.
Preferably no tobiano, varnish roan, roan or cream genes.
No negative comments.
Preferably build for sprint racing or other racing.
Highly strung.
HGP 60k+, minimum 55k.
Long, sloped hips.
HorzeCollector003
Visit My Farm

Re: Looking for Sooty Dapple

Post by HorzeCollector003 »

Malakai10 wrote:Looking for sooty dapple studs.

Requirements:

Less than $100 000.
No negative comments.
Highly strung.
HGP 60k+, minimum 55k.
Long, sloped hips.
I have this guy he as a secretariat commemt but im not going lower than 500k as hes aready up for public use
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2532527
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

HorzeCollector003 wrote:
Malakai10 wrote:Looking for sooty dapple studs.

Requirements:

Less than $100 000.
No negative comments.
Highly strung.
HGP 60k+, minimum 55k.
Long, sloped hips.
I have this guy he as a secretariat commemt but im not going lower than 500k as hes aready up for public use
He's actually a lot nicer than the horses I expected to find - I usually can't find the good horses in rarer colours!

Quick question, is the sooty dapple gene recessive?
HorzeCollector003
Visit My Farm

Malakai10 wrote:
HorzeCollector003 wrote:
He's actually a lot nicer than the horses I expected to find - I usually can't find the good horses in rarer colours!

I do have a lot more like him but none trained or comp tested as im breeding for colour if you want me to link them but you must keep them private as ive worked hard for some of them it should be recessive but im not sure
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

HorzeCollector003 wrote:
Malakai10 wrote: He's actually a lot nicer than the horses I expected to find - I usually can't find the good horses in rarer colours!

I do have a lot more like him but none trained or comp tested as im breeding for colour if you want me to link them but you must keep them private as ive worked hard for some of them it should be recessive but im not sure
I would love to look at them, if you're fine with that.

I only very rarely sell horses from my lines - generally, I'll only ever sell crossbreeds that I've breed specifically for that purpose. The foals that I breed from your stallions won't be sold and nor will their descendants for at least two or three generations (but likely more since I'm going to be hoarding the sooty dapples for a while yet!)

I'm not going to breed to your stallions just yet, though - I need to wait for my current mares to give birth, first.
HorzeCollector003
Visit My Farm

Malakai10 wrote:
HorzeCollector003 wrote:
I would love to look at them, if you're fine with that.

I only very rarely sell horses from my lines - generally, I'll only ever sell crossbreeds that I've breed specifically for that purpose. The foals that I breed from your stallions won't be sold and nor will their descendants for at least two or three generations (but likely more since I'm going to be hoarding the sooty dapples for a while yet!)

I'm not going to breed to your stallions just yet, though - I need to wait for my current mares to give birth, first.

these are all the sooty dapples as I also breed cremes and champagnes with dapples as im going to breed Pangare into them but ive put this project on hold for a bit as im breeding my racers tbs lol :D
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/94857 untrained

https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/139337 I also do have some more trained sooty dapples in here but none comp tested
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

HorzeCollector003 wrote:
Malakai10 wrote: I would love to look at them, if you're fine with that.

these are all the sooty dapples as I also breed cremes and champagnes with dapples as im going to breed Pangare into them but ive put this project on hold for a bit as im breeding my racers tbs lol :D

https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/139337 I also do have some more trained sooty dapples in here but none comp tested
So, I have a stallion that might have very faint pangaré. Now, this is just an idea and it's completely fine if you don't want to, but would you like to 'exchange' a sooty dapple for him? My stallion has a very nice BR and his conformation is pretty good but he's more bred for sprint racing - his pangaré is faint (I'm not even completely sure he has it) and he has an odd, medium, pony-build.

If you would like, we could both put our stallions up for stud at a fairly high, but equal, price ($500 000?) so that we essentially 'exchange' studs.

I will be honest with you that I'm rather doubtful of my stallion being pangaré - I only think he is because he sired a foal with more obvious pangaré (which I have since deleted because I don't want pangaré in my lines) and then I saw that this stallion is very, very faintly lighter around the legs and maybe the muzzle and belly. So, I don't know, do you think he has pangaré or am I seeing things?

My stallion

Your private stud that I'm interested in.

I also like the stallion that you already have up for public stud, so I'll definitely use him too!
HorzeCollector003
Visit My Farm

Malakai10 wrote:
HorzeCollector003 wrote:

So, I have a stallion that might have very faint pangaré. Now, this is just an idea and it's completely fine if you don't want to, but would you like to 'exchange' a sooty dapple for him? My stallion has a very nice BR and his conformation is pretty good but he's more bred for sprint racing - his pangaré is faint (I'm not even completely sure he has it) and he has an odd, medium, pony-build.

If you would like, we could both put our stallions up for stud at a fairly high, but equal, price ($500 000?) so that we essentially 'exchange' studs.

I will be honest with you that I'm rather doubtful of my stallion being pangaré - I only think he is because he sired a foal with more obvious pangaré (which I have since deleted because I don't want pangaré in my lines) and then I saw that this stallion is very, very faintly lighter around the legs and maybe the muzzle and belly. So, I don't know, do you think he has pangaré or am I seeing things?

My stallion

I also like the stallion that you already have up for public stud, so I'll definitely use him too!

Hi yuup sure :) both young so I don't mind you can stud so them how many times your want how much for a fee would you like to pay for the one you linked of mine and thanks for the offer but he's not what I'm looking for sorry :oops:
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

HorzeCollector003 wrote:
Malakai10 wrote: So, I have a stallion that might have very faint pangaré. Now, this is just an idea and it's completely fine if you don't want to, but would you like to 'exchange' a sooty dapple for him? My stallion has a very nice BR and his conformation is pretty good but he's more bred for sprint racing - his pangaré is faint (I'm not even completely sure he has it) and he has an odd, medium, pony-build.

My stallion

Hi yuup sure :) both young so I don't mind you can stud so them how many times your want how much for a fee would you like to pay for the one you linked of mine and thanks for the offer but he's not what I'm looking for sorry :oops:
That's fine :D Good luck with your pangaré project!!!
I'll probably breed five foals from each stallion - is $100 000 - $150 000 fine for the second stallion? $200 000?
HorzeCollector003
Visit My Farm

Malakai10 wrote:

Thanks
150k fine for the 2nd let me know when you want me to put him up :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:42 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:42 am