The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Longer Notes?

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
Rowan
Visit My Farm

Longer Notes?

Post by Rowan »

Coming to this game, one of the first things I took great appreciation in was the fact that you can write notes on your horses! So kudos for adding that feature, and in a very easily accessed spot too. Although, I'm a big note taker and I like to keep track of a lot with my horses: what I'm training them for, what their best stats are at a glance, when they were bred, what genes they might be carrying, evaluations, breed recipe to use them in, etc. and I've found that the small character limit is kind of frustrating. I'm not necessarily trying to write a book, per se, but it seems I'm constantly getting limited and I would love it if there was a way for you guys to increase the allowed character length. Especially with a game that encourages being observant in a horse's performance, breeding, etc.
Anyway, just my two cents. The game is everything I hoped it would be so far! Thanks! :D
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Longer Notes?

Post by Tom »

The notes section supports BB code so you can put links to the forum there. Make a thread in the logs forum with links to posts with more details about what you are trying to do. Like this http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/5381

The note on that horse page has this in it:

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7566#p7566]Click here![/url]
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

The note section is plenty long enough to give you room to jot important stuff down without cluttering pages (all of that text shows up on your pasture view and when breeding or entering in shows. If you need more, I would suggest a Word or Excel document.
Rowan
Visit My Farm

Post by Rowan »

I appreciate the suggestion, I definitely need to take some time to play with the BB code, I've always neglected it for some reason. Right now I have a small word document since the notes section seems to cut me off after a few lines of text. I understand not wanting clutter on the pasture page though.
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

If anyone needs help with the BB code let me know. It's fairly easy when you get the hang of it. If you want to link directly to a post then click on the little page icon next to "by Rowan » x minutes ago" and copy the URL from the address bar.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

The notes section has been increased to 400 characters.
MD HORSE FARMS!
Visit My Farm

Post by MD HORSE FARMS! »

Hi
HeartlandFreeze
Visit My Farm

Post by HeartlandFreeze »

Do you have any horses for sale
Heartland2001
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

How did you get that zebra costume for your horse?
L U N A
Visit My Farm

Post by L U N A »

To heartland2001~ You Offered on my horse ~Dusty~ But you are full with horses..........I believe you would male a great home for him and use his potential!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:49 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:49 pm