The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

HWO Eventing Futurity (Results Announced!)

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

Re: HWO Eventing Futurity (Scoring in progress!)

Post by Tenacious Equine »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Congrats winners!

:lol: That was fun!
It seemed to work well. It's a long contest, but considering the type it is, I think it progressed relatively smoothly. Are there any changes to be made? Considering this is the first run, what didn't work right, if anything?

I'm curious to hear input of any of the other competitors as well... if there will be regular futurities in the future, held by Tenacious Equine or another member of our community, the pitfalls can better be avoided.
I personally think the biggest problem was the competitions. If I can somehow streamline that some more (maybe have them set up a month in advance? Maybe have additional comps set up to run daily so people don’t have to worry about comping in time?) it would work better. Other than that, I think everything got done around the time I planned, it’d just be important to have things ready in advance :’)

I am VERY open to the idea of having someone else host the next one.
Karabair breeder! High quality, no reds, face markings, LP, dun, champagne and cream.

Champion Quality Pseudo Marking KBs Coming Soon!

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Tenacious Equine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Congrats winners!

It seemed to work well. It's a long contest, but considering the type it is, I think it progressed relatively smoothly. Are there any changes to be made? Considering this is the first run, what didn't work right, if anything?

I'm curious to hear input of any of the other competitors as well... if there will be regular futurities in the future, held by Tenacious Equine or another member of our community, the pitfalls can better be avoided.
I personally think the biggest problem was the competitions. If I can somehow streamline that some more (maybe have them set up a month in advance? Maybe have additional comps set up to run daily so people don’t have to worry about comping in time?) it would work better. Other than that, I think everything got done around the time I planned, it’d just be important to have things ready in advance :’)

Upgraded accounts then, would be most important.
If there was heavy interest, comps could be set up to run monthly... or maybe every four months? Hmm... At least the required entry competitions.
We have the ability for daily, every other day, weekly and monthly.

I think, if you don't mind, during my next community reminder, I'll add this information to the New Developments section. It'll be interesting to see if there are other that want to try their hand at hosting futurities. In the future, I'd like to host one myself, but in the near future, I have some real-life things that'll be happening and will be taking up valuable time... for the next 6 months or so.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Karst Lippizaners
Visit My Farm

Post by Karst Lippizaners »

Tenacious Equine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:...
FriesianBreeder100 wrote:...
Fallon wrote:...
Karst Lippizaners wrote:...

1st place: KL Danio Journey
Earnings: 2.96 mil

2nd place: ƑƐ Bronzed Gold
Earnings: 1.85 mil

3rd place: FB Golden Fyre Fairy
Earnings: 1.48 mil

4th place: KL Danio's Crown
Earnings: 740K

5th place: FB Khan's Winter Fyre
Earnings: 370K

Congratulations to the winners! Ping me or shoot me a PM linking a horse up for offers so I can give you your winnings!
Thank you so much! That was so fun! Here is a link for a rehomable horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3160768
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote: Upgraded accounts then, would be most important.
If there was heavy interest, comps could be set up to run monthly... or maybe every four months? Hmm... At least the required entry competitions.
We have the ability for daily, every other day, weekly and monthly.

I think, if you don't mind, during my next community reminder, I'll add this information to the New Developments section. It'll be interesting to see if there are other that want to try their hand at hosting futurities. In the future, I'd like to host one myself, but in the near future, I have some real-life things that'll be happening and will be taking up valuable time... for the next 6 months or so.
That sounds like a good idea! :)
Karabair breeder! High quality, no reds, face markings, LP, dun, champagne and cream.

FriesianBreeder100
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by FriesianBreeder100 »

Tenacious Equine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Congrats winners!

rehomable horse:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3161464
_Americanaa_
Visit My Farm

Re: HWO Eventing Futurity (Entries Open! 5+ mil in prizes)

Post by _Americanaa_ »

Tenacious Equine wrote:ping
I saw your conversation with BlackOak. Personally, I would love to host an event like this...but with a bit of a twist. I would like to see if I can host one with Racing, Steeplechase, and Endurance. I would run it similar to this.
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

_Americanaa_ wrote:
Tenacious Equine wrote:ping
I saw your conversation with BlackOak. Personally, I would love to host an event like this...but with a bit of a twist. I would like to see if I can host one with Racing, Steeplechase, and Endurance. I would run it similar to this.
For sure! Be sure to give both of us credit for the idea :D I’d definitely be willing to help set up competitions if needed!

_Americanaa_
Visit My Farm

Post by _Americanaa_ »

Tenacious Equine wrote:
_Americanaa_ wrote:
For sure! Be sure to give both of us credit for the idea :D I’d definitely be willing to help set up competitions if needed!
Yes definitely!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:03 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:03 pm