The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Story ( Contest?)

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
_Americanaa_
Visit My Farm

Re: Story ( Contest?)

Post by _Americanaa_ »

RoseeDelight wrote:
KBuhrmann57 wrote:So I like writing stories based off movies, songs, events, etc, and so I am going to write them here. So I dont know if this is a contest or general chit chat. But ya'll can write your stories here to. Please don't judge other peoples work, praising is allowed. Also if you base it of real life events, please keep names anonymous, or use different names. Please be kind, and no swearing/inappropriate stories. I'll be giving 5k to all entries. ( I know its not much but its something) It can be related to horses or not. ( Btw I love all feedback, so dont be afraid to say something ;) )
Can I enter a poem? I do write stories, but I'm better at poetry.
Of course!
Dark Magic Rodeo Stables
"Breeding valid Thoroughbreds since 2019"

"I'm Way Too Young To Be This Stressed"
RoseeDelight
Visit My Farm

Post by RoseeDelight »

KBuhrmann57 wrote:
RoseeDelight wrote: Can I enter a poem? I do write stories, but I'm better at poetry.
Of course!
OK, here's one of my more recent poems.

Burnished Gold

In a Wide and sunlit meadow,
Grazing, full of peace,
Are many geldings, mares, and colts,
Of pretty colors, these.

But in the center one of them,
Quite unafraid and bold,
Paws the ground and draws eyes to
His coat of burnished gold.

In this group that's full of bays,
With many a shade of dun,
It's clear that God made one of them
To shine just like the sun.

His mane and tail of silver shine,
A color looking cold,
To offset the warmth of his coat,

His haunches gleam, his muscles show,
As he begins to dance.
The beauty and the power in him
Leaves you in a trance.

He turned around, he's coming back,
And as he comes, behold!
No other horse is quite like him;
His name is Burnished Gold!

As he rears and paws the air,
I know 'tis not a whim:
If you search all the world there's not
Another horse like him!

His head and tail he holds up high,
The perfect horse to mold.
The least amazing part of him,

Thanks for reading! I might share more poetry later...
I would really appreciate honest feedback, good or bad. Bad feedback that's honest is MUCH more useful than good feedback that's not, and feedback really helps to show me where I can improve. Thanks a lot!
_Americanaa_
Visit My Farm

Post by _Americanaa_ »

RoseeDelight wrote:
KBuhrmann57 wrote:
Of course!
OK, here's one of my more recent poems.

Burnished Gold

In a Wide and sunlit meadow,
Grazing, full of peace,
Are many geldings, mares, and colts,
Of pretty colors, these.

But in the center one of them,
Quite unafraid and bold,
Paws the ground and draws eyes to

In this group that's full of bays,
With many a shade of dun,
It's clear that God made one of them
To shine just like the sun.

His mane and tail of silver shine,
A color looking cold,
To offset the warmth of his coat,

His haunches gleam, his muscles show,
As he begins to dance.
The beauty and the power in him
Leaves you in a trance.

He turned around, he's coming back,
And as he comes, behold!
No other horse is quite like him;
His name is Burnished Gold!

As he rears and paws the air,
I know 'tis not a whim:
If you search all the world there's not
Another horse like him!

His head and tail he holds up high,
The perfect horse to mold.
The least amazing part of him,

Thanks for reading! I might share more poetry later...
I would really appreciate honest feedback, good or bad. Bad feedback that's honest is MUCH more useful than good feedback that's not, and feedback really helps to show me where I can improve. Thanks a lot!
This is actually really good! It was so descriptive! Good job!!
Dark Magic Rodeo Stables
"Breeding valid Thoroughbreds since 2019"

"I'm Way Too Young To Be This Stressed"
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

It was July 4th, Sylvia got dressed and went downstairs to the kitchen "good morning" her mother said Cheerfully as she sat down in front of her Toast. "How did you sleep?" Her mother asked but before Sylvia answered her father came rushing down the stairs " Abigail where's my tie!?" He asked in panic "It's in the laundry room dear" her mother said in a soothing voice. Her father went to the laundry room and grabbed his tie then ran to the front door picked up his briefcase and ran to the car. "Oh, you got a letter in the mail today," her mother said handing her the letter Sylvia ripped it open. It was an invitation to a 4th of July Night ride tonight "Hey mom can I go on a night ride to Pineberry Hill?" She asked " Sure! Which horse are you going to take?" Sylvia looked down with a sad expression in her eyes. Just a few days ago her horse Hawaiian Summer passed shed always go on a night ride with her. "I guess I'll take Sarge," she said looking up at her mother. Then her older brother came down to a t-shirt, Shorts, and Socks. "What's that !?" He said grabbing the invitation out of Sylvia's hands "hey! Give that bake!" She shouted "ok, dont alert the entire naborhood," he said setting it on the counter. Sylvia had finished breakfast " ill be in sarge's stall getting him ready," she told her mother "ok". Sylvia walked to the back door " BANDIT!" She yelled her huge black and white border colly came running down the stairs through the kitchen and straight to the back door. "Good morning boy," she said grabbing his 4th of July bandana. "Common let's go to the stables," she said opening the door Bandit ran outside and Sylvia followed. After a 5 minute walk, they reached the stable "Bandit go round up the Cows" bandit took off directing the cows into a pasture " Good boy," she said patting him on the head. Then she went into the barn and into sarges stall "good morning sarge" sarge huffed. " I'll be right back " Sylvia walked out of the stall and into the tack room she grabbed a box of bows, a Western Saddle, a Red, White, and blue saddle pad, a halter, and a lead rope. She walked into the arena and set the saddle and saddle pad on a saddle rack then right next to it she set the box of bows down. She walked back into sarges stall slipped the halter on his head and hooked the lead rope to the halter. She leads sarge out of the stall and into the wash station ahe tied him up on the railing then grabbed the hose, and soap. Sarge didn't mind baths, unlike the other horses in the stable. After sarge was dry Sylvia led him into the arena she brushed him and combed his mane and tail then grabbed the saddle pad off the saddle rack and put it onto sages back and did the same with the saddle. She tightened the girth then grabbed the box of bows. She then took the bows and put them in his mane and tail. Then she remembered her hair chalk she ran back to the taken room and grabbed it. She put Red, White, and Blue streaks in sarges mane and tail. Then her brother walked in with his horse Rusty " What are you doing to that poor horse!?" He exclaimed "Decorating him for the night ride" she replied. "Ok," her brother said. She then went to the tack room and grabbed her horses old bridal it had Red, White, and blue stripes on the noseband and stars on each side of the bit then the rest was navy blue. She cane back and removed sarge halter then put it on Sarge's head she then walked him to the mounting block and checked the girth one last time she then steped onto the block and got onto Sarge. Her brother did the same they rode around arean at a walk until their instructor came. She set up barrels and the barrel races then she set out some jumps. by the time they were finished, it was almost time for the night ride she rode out of the stable and around the house and onto the road she met up with her friends at the park."Awww Sarge is so adorable!" Her friend Kayla exclaimed once she saw him. Sylvia was the last to arrive the started toward Pineberry Hill they rode up the hill and to the top. By the time they got there the fireworks started. It was a beautiful view and she would remember it for a long time.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:29 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:29 pm