The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

2022 HWO Breeders Cup Championship- Nov 4 & 5! - $$$ PURSES AND SPECIAL PRIZES

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
_Americanaa_
Visit My Farm

Re: HWO Breeders Cup Championships 2020- Nov 6 & 7! - $$$ PURSES AND PRIZES

Post by _Americanaa_ »

h a z e l wrote:Would anyone be interested in me hosting the same thing this year? :)
Yesssssss
Estonian Holding
Visit My Farm

Post by Estonian Holding »

h a z e l wrote:Would anyone be interested in me hosting the same thing this year? :)
Yes!!!! That would be awesome!!!
Rinners
Visit My Farm

Post by Rinners »

h a z e l 3 wrote:The real life Breeders Cup World Championships is right around the corner! *squeals*

Who's ready for a Horse World Online Version??

Two Rules:

1. Please only enter 3 horses per player, per race :) That doesn't mean per account; you can enter from various side accounts and stuff, but only 3 horses per player :)
2. All entry fees will be the same- $100,000. I wanted to have it less, but then I decided to have it at 100k to be low enough for most players who are serious about TBs and the game in general, but high enough to dissuade any players who want to mass enter untrained or trained horses just to try to get a piece of the purse *shrugs* :? Hope this makes sense :)

If you break any of my rules: I can't really stop you from doing so, but I can let you know that if you do so and win any races, no additional prizes will be given to you.

HWO Breeders Cup World Championships 2020

Friday, November 6

Friday is the day for juvenile Thoroughbreds to shine!!
*Please enter only 3 horses per player per race*

Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies Sprint
-sprint racing level 10, 2 YEAR OLD FILLIES ONLY
-$8,000,000 purse

Breeders Cup Juvenile Sprint
-sprint racing level 10, 2 YEAR OLD COLTS ONLY
-$10,000,000 purse

Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies
-racing level 10, 2 YEAR OLD FILLIES ONLY
-$18,000,000 purse

Breeders Cup Juvenile
-racing level 10, 2 YEAR OLD COLTS ONLY
-$20,000,000 purse

Saturday, November 7

Saturday is the day for the bigger races- Thoroughbreds 3 years old and up compete for the largest purses!
*Please enter only 3 horses per player per race*

Breeders Cup Filly & Mare Sprint
-sprint racing level 10, 3 YEAR OLD AND UP FILLIES AND MARES ONLY
-$30,000,000 purse

Breeders Cup Sprint
-sprint racing level 10, 3 YEAR OLD AND UP COLTS AND STALLIONS ONLY
-$50,000,000 purse

Breeders Cup Distaff
-racing level 10, 3 YEAR OLD AND UP FILLIES AND MARES ONLY
-$80,000,0000 purse

Breeders Cup Classic
-racing level 10, 3 YEAR OLDS AND UP (Males and females allowed)
-$100,000,000 purse :mrgreen:

Additional Prizes/Information

The winner of each Breeders Cup race will receive the special Breeders Cup Trophy (it's a photo of the exact trophy given to the real Breeders Cup winners) with their name, the horse name, and the race they won to display proudly on their farm page :D (or wherever they like!)

Also- there are even more prizes that will be given out to certain players if they can win more than one race!

*Player wins both the Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies Sprint & the Juvenile Sprint - $10,000,000 prize!

*Player wins both the Juvenile Fillies & the Juvenile - $10,000,000 prize!

*Player wins both the Filly and Mare Sprint & the Sprint- $20,000,000 prize!

*Player wins both the Distaff & the Classic - $25,000,000 prize!

*Player wins both the Distaff & the Classic WITH A FILLY/MARE - $50,000,000 prize!

In addition to the prize money, the player who wins any of these categories will win a special plaque that will display their name, the category they won, and the two horses who won the races :)

All races will be posted three days in advance of the day they will be run. Once the races are posted, I will link the races above in the actual race names. Any questions, suggestions, or just plain excited and want to show it? Comment below! :D
Hello! will there be the same competitions with the same wallet on November 10?
h a z e l 3
Visit My Farm

Re: HWO Breeders Cup Championships 2022- Nov 4 & 5! - $$$ PURSES AND PRIZES

Post by h a z e l 3 »

I will be running a 2022 version of the Breeders Cup races again, just so you guys know. :)

PeacefulOreo wrote:still around and interested?
BlackOak2 wrote:interested? :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

This year I won't be entering. I'm stuck on a number of different things and my Tb's are... in board and just sitting. :lol:

But if you need a sponsor, I may be interested in that. 8-)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
h a z e l 3
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l 3 »

BlackOak2 wrote:This year I won't be entering. I'm stuck on a number of different things and my Tb's are... in board and just sitting. :lol:

Good to see you still around my friend :) Not sure what HW would do without their friendly forum stalker! :lol:

Got any ideas on how to promote it more? Any of the big TB breeders still around?

If somebody does win one of the extra prizes (e.g. if their horses win more than one race) I'll ping you if you want to sponsor that! :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

h a z e l 3 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:This year I won't be entering. I'm stuck on a number of different things and my Tb's are... in board and just sitting. :lol:

Good to see you still around my friend :) Not sure what HW would do without their friendly forum stalker! :lol:

Got any ideas on how to promote it more? Any of the big TB breeders still around?

If somebody does win one of the extra prizes (e.g. if their horses win more than one race) I'll ping you if you want to sponsor that! :)
Indeed! It's good to see you're still kicking too. :P

Yeah, that'll work for me, just fine. If somebody sweeps or something, I'm all for that. :D

There's a number of senior Tb members still around. Veterinarian, for instance, but I don't know where their current Tb blood is at. Then HorzeLover101 is too, but when I last spoke to them, they're Tb's were on hold and they were working on other projects. Although the Tb members of the past are still active, it kind of feels they're less about winning the big pots (pretty trophy cups too) and more about just sustaining and aiming for those world records.

So, I think the most interested players would be those that are still developing their stock... wow... that sounds like I've said it before! :lol:

There might be more interest if one of the prizes was a breeding to a rare stallion, rare bloodline or a record holder. I don't have any record holders in Tb racing, but I still have a pole-bender... which would partially defeat the purpose of a Tb racing event. I could offer up a leopard Tb foal from one of my top-producing stallions and a select mare (I'll aim for the best Lp Tb mare I still have, that I've produced). That's from the Lp Club stock. Actually, that shouldn't be a problem for me. But I don't know how you want to fit that one in. I could do multiple on that, if you wanted. Although leopard Tb stock has fallen a bit to the wayside. They'd likely be more interested in WPS, which my stock does have. :lol: Luckily! 8-)

Since these are breeder's cups, I really would suggest offering some sort of promotion focusing heavily on breeding. Doesn't have to be about Tb, but since it's Tb and you don't want to soften a hard-line for later years [well you did this in X year, why can't you do this now?], I would suggest you set a defined line and not cross it right now. Even if there's not big interest in the event. But again, that's up to you.

... That said... there may be more interest if it's not regulated to just Tb's. There are more racing stock out there than just Tb... but they're not as developed, unless they belong to a senior player.

Perhaps the big Tb breeders would be interested in, instead of joining, in offering a selection of their stock to some random entries or winners or something. So instead of joining, which they may have little interest in, they help promote and offer blood instead of insight or mentorship.

If that's an option, I'd suggest 'call' them through forum and tell them to send you a PM, so that they can remain anonymous, if they want.

It may be difficult right now to promote and gain interest in this. There's plenty of people, but the big movers and shakers are just background, wall-flowers right now and it's the newbies and juniors that are moving around. And I'm sure you know what type of stock they usually have. Still... Maybe I'm wrong. :D I like to be wrong with these things, you know! :lol:
Proven wrong by a number of really good, strong racers owned by accounts that are all less than 8 months. Yeah... that would be wonderful. 8-)

... I don't think that's offered you very many ideas about promotion though. But maybe some different prizes will spark interest where promotion itself (and those cup winnings and trophy images) may fall short. Maybe?
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Estonian Holding
Visit My Farm

Post by Estonian Holding »

I'm excited!!! And I always need money for my projects! :lol:
h a z e l 3
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l 3 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
h a z e l 3 wrote:

Indeed! It's good to see you're still kicking too. :P

Yeah, that'll work for me, just fine. If somebody sweeps or something, I'm all for that. :D

There's a number of senior Tb members still around. Veterinarian, for instance, but I don't know where their current Tb blood is at. Then HorzeLover101 is too, but when I last spoke to them, they're Tb's were on hold and they were working on other projects. Although the Tb members of the past are still active, it kind of feels they're less about winning the big pots (pretty trophy cups too) and more about just sustaining and aiming for those world records.

So, I think the most interested players would be those that are still developing their stock... wow... that sounds like I've said it before! :lol:

There might be more interest if one of the prizes was a breeding to a rare stallion, rare bloodline or a record holder. I don't have any record holders in Tb racing, but I still have a pole-bender... which would partially defeat the purpose of a Tb racing event. I could offer up a leopard Tb foal from one of my top-producing stallions and a select mare (I'll aim for the best Lp Tb mare I still have, that I've produced). That's from the Lp Club stock. Actually, that shouldn't be a problem for me. But I don't know how you want to fit that one in. I could do multiple on that, if you wanted. Although leopard Tb stock has fallen a bit to the wayside. They'd likely be more interested in WPS, which my stock does have. :lol: Luckily! 8-)

Since these are breeder's cups, I really would suggest offering some sort of promotion focusing heavily on breeding. Doesn't have to be about Tb, but since it's Tb and you don't want to soften a hard-line for later years [well you did this in X year, why can't you do this now?], I would suggest you set a defined line and not cross it right now. Even if there's not big interest in the event. But again, that's up to you.

... That said... there may be more interest if it's not regulated to just Tb's. There are more racing stock out there than just Tb... but they're not as developed, unless they belong to a senior player.

Perhaps the big Tb breeders would be interested in, instead of joining, in offering a selection of their stock to some random entries or winners or something. So instead of joining, which they may have little interest in, they help promote and offer blood instead of insight or mentorship.

If that's an option, I'd suggest 'call' them through forum and tell them to send you a PM, so that they can remain anonymous, if they want.

It may be difficult right now to promote and gain interest in this. There's plenty of people, but the big movers and shakers are just background, wall-flowers right now and it's the newbies and juniors that are moving around. And I'm sure you know what type of stock they usually have. Still... Maybe I'm wrong. :D I like to be wrong with these things, you know! :lol:
Proven wrong by a number of really good, strong racers owned by accounts that are all less than 8 months. Yeah... that would be wonderful. 8-)

... I don't think that's offered you very many ideas about promotion though. But maybe some different prizes will spark interest where promotion itself (and those cup winnings and trophy images) may fall short. Maybe?

Thank you so much for all the ideas! I am definitely into focusing on breeding related prizes; I just don't know where to go to get good TBs as I haven't been on the game in a while! I might just snoop around for a bit and see who's got what. :P
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

h a z e l 3 wrote:

Thank you so much for all the ideas! I am definitely into focusing on breeding related prizes; I just don't know where to go to get good TBs as I haven't been on the game in a while! I might just snoop around for a bit and see who's got what. :P
Yup! Snooping should work well. :lol:

And since you're a senior player that's been doing this for a few years now (really??? 'doing... for a few years now' on a game sounds just ridiculous and mind-blowing at the same time! :lol: ), I'm sure there will be a number that'll think up of some way to throw theirs in the pot too... pun intended. :D

Let me know if there's anything more on my end. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:40 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:40 pm