The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Celebrity Horses! 15 mil 1st prize!! (done)

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Re: Celebrity Horses! 15 mil 1st prize!!

Post by Hidalgo »

Updating the original post to change the end date. After talking to a couple of participants, I realized a week isn't long enough if I want good entries lol, so I'll put it at about a month. :lol:
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

Just a reminder I'd like entries to be posted by the 6th!
Uaithne
Visit My Farm

Post by Uaithne »

What the ... what? I thought I had replied to this Hidalgo but I'm not seeing my entry.
Please please add me to entries :D :D :D
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

Uaithne wrote:What the ... what? I thought I had replied to this Hidalgo but I'm not seeing my entry.
Please please add me to entries :D :D :D
Oh of course! I guess that's my fault for not making an official entry form, but I just figured people could post their entries whenever they're ready lol. I'll put your name in the reserved post where I plan to list entries all together and if you have your entry ready go ahead and link it whenever!
Rhorsegirl80
Visit My Farm

Post by Rhorsegirl80 »

Hidalgo wrote:Also I'd like to add, if anyone who has been playing for a while is interested in judging rather than making an entry, that would be awesome! I'd be happy to have a bit of help.
I'd love to help judge :)
Harlow Way Equestrian Center

Quality Breeding & Selling
Proud Breeder Of The Thoroughbred Horse & Other Prospects
[/center]
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

Rhorsegirl80 wrote:
Hidalgo wrote:Also I'd like to add, if anyone who has been playing for a while is interested in judging rather than making an entry, that would be awesome! I'd be happy to have a bit of help.
I'd love to help judge :)
Ok great, thanks!
Uaithne
Visit My Farm

Post by Uaithne »

Alright so here is my contestant. This is Aragorn's horse Brego from Lord of the Rings.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3313322
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

Uaithne wrote:Alright so here is my contestant. This is Aragorn's horse Brego from Lord of the Rings.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3313322
Love it!
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Kamichi Stables »

Hi Hidalgo,

Sorry I waited so long to enter, but here is my entry:
(I'm hoping the picture updates, but it might decide to just be a pain...)

This is Bumper a horse from Ranger's Apprentice. Just to help you out so you don't waste time scouring the internet/a really long book series, I have some information directly quoted from the books, some general information so you understand a bit more about what I was basing my breed/lack of breed choice on, and an image that is the closest thing that the series has actually provided to what the horse looks like (aka a book cover that is filled with so many inaccuracies, but it's all I got). Okay, without me randomly saying anymore, here's what I got to help you out:

Quoted Material:
“...he was stocky and barrel-chested, and somewhat short in the legs. His mane and tail were both long and his coat was on the shaggy side. But he’d been curried and brushed until his coat almost gleamed. And she felt a catch in her throat as she saw that he was a piebald--marked in irregular patterns of white and black. She’d always fancied piebalds.”

“”Named him that when he was a foal. He used to like to bump into things--se if they’d fall over. He’s over that now.’
As if on cue, the piebald butted him with his nose, causing him to stagger a few steps.”

Both quotes come from the book he was introduced in Ranger's Apprentice: The Royal Ranger: A New Beginning. (I know the second book isn't really needed, but I loved it)

Okay not quoted, but helpful information:
Ranger horses are not chosen for what breed they are, but are a collection of crossbreds with a bunch of mixed lineage. They are all hand chosen and bred by the Ranger horse breeders, so that's why if you look at his pedigree it is so varied in where he came from.

Ranger horses are normally on the shorter side, some actually being short enough to be considered a pony since their riders also tend to be lacking in height.

They are supposed to look nondescript and if anything a bit lackluster, but that is just a disguisebecause they are actually some of the finest horses in the kingdom.

A Picture That Might Be Helpful:

I hope this is helpful, since I did a quick Google search and unless you put in very specific keyterms, you aren't really getting any information, and you probably don't want to go and read a bunch of books in order to figure out what I'm talking about. Okay rant over, hope this is an okay way to submit.

Thanks,
Kamichi
What are you actually supposed to put here?
-Kam
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

Kamichi Stables wrote:...
Very nice! Thanks for all the info, that's very helpful :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:08 am

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:08 am