The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

The Matching Game (Done! Results posted.)

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

The Matching Game (Done! Results posted.)

Post by EclipticEnd »

Heya! I'm proposing an interesting game. I'm going to post three of my horses with varying difficulty. Each horse offers a different prize. Your goal is to match the horse as completely as possible in color, pattern, and build.

Basically I want to have both open in separate tabs on my browser and be able to swap between them without being able to tell a difference. If my horse is Dun, then so is yours. If mine has feathers, yours does as well. Try to match as many of the visual characteristics of my listed horses as possible.

This isn't necessarily an easy contest, but it's a good exercise in very specific visual breeding for those who are interested. Due to the possible difficulty, I've excluded horses with any more Tobiano or Appaloosa patterning than Socks.

Those who win will get their prize money by selling their horse to me. If the winners want, I'll return them after the money has been transferred. There will only be one winner per my three horses.

====================================================

Rules:

1.) You have to either breed the horse or get it from the AC. Horses whose breeders do not match your username will not count unless they are from the AC.
2.) The gender of the horse doesn't matter. I will be using Stallions, but you can use Mares or Stallions as you please.
3.) You may enter one horse per match, in that I mean you may enter one horse that looks like Horse 1, one horse that looks like Horse 2, and one horse that looks like Horse 3. You do not have to attempt all three horses. That being said, you may edit your entry and swap your horses should you choose to do so.
4.) The breed doesn't need to match. If mine is a Turkmene, for instance, yours doesn't have to be. It only needs to look similar.
5.) Stats do not matter. You don't need to match HGP nor colored abilities, just the visual picture.
6.) If my horse is fully trained, I am not expecting you to pay for training in order to match the Metallic sheen that it gives them. In this area I will be more lax when judging and favor pattern, color, and build over Metallic content, meaning if your horse matches perfectly but isn't Metallic, you'll still have a high chance to win.
7.) I will be basing appearances off of my horses' pictures at 3 years old. As such, your horses must be either 3 years old or also have pictures at that age. Any horses younger than that or horses that lack the necessary picture will be disqualified.

Horse 1:
Difficulty: Novice
Prize: $500,000

[E] Musical Romance is a Metallic Chestnut Turkmene with Socks.

Horse 2:
Difficulty: Intermediate
Prize: $1,000,000

[E] Dawn To Dusk is a Black Arabian with Tiger Eyes.
Note: Although he is up for stud, he is a private stud and I ask that you do not use him. Those who do will automatically be disqualified.

Horse 3:
Difficulty: Advanced
Prize: $5,000,000

[E] High Noon is a Mealy Gold Champagne Roan Belgian Mix.
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Entry Form

Post by EclipticEnd »

Quote This!

Entry Form:

Code: Select all

Username(s): 
Horses You Are Matching: (Horse1, Horse2, Horse3)
Link To Your Horse(s): 
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Entered Horses

Post by EclipticEnd »

Entered Horses:

Horse #1:
camilleon/floralesque || |C| Jupiter Orchestra

Horse #2:
None Yet

Horse #3:
Champingalt/champingalt2 || Amethyst Given Saturday
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Example

Post by EclipticEnd »

As an Example:

Username(s): EclipticEnd, FrozenKey
Horses You Are Matching: Horse1
Link To Your Horse(s):
[E] Under The Castle
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: The Matching Game (Breeding Challenge, $6.5M in Prizes)

Post by EclipticEnd »

I'm realizing I've never specified an end date. Competition ends July 31st, regardless if there are any entries.

As such, consider entering if you have a vaguely similar horse. You can always edit your entry should you choose to, and if no one else enters then you'll win by default.
RummyTummy
Visit My Farm

Post by RummyTummy »

EclipticEnd wrote:I'm realizing I've never specified an end date. Competition ends July 31st, regardless if there are any entries.

As such, consider entering if you have a vaguely similar horse. You can always edit your entry should you choose to, and if no one else enters then you'll win by default.
I've been trying to work on the last one :D
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

RummyTummy wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:I'm realizing I've never specified an end date. Competition ends July 31st, regardless if there are any entries.

I've been trying to work on the last one :D
Ooo! Take your time. :D
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: The Matching Game (Breeding Challenge, $6.5M in Prizes, Ends July 31st)

Post by EclipticEnd »

Just an update: There's three weeks remaining for this competition!

To new players, note that you can enter any vaguely similar horse and if no one else enters, you'll win! Horse #1 is relatively common in the AC Turkmenes, so have a peek and snatch one if it's similar; you might just win 500k.

To those who are working on breeding, remember that your horse needs to be either 3 years old or have a picture at exactly three years old. It must be a full body picture without hooves or ears cut off, and it must be large enough to easily view the horse. It also cannot be retired, as the stipulation is that you'll sell the horse to me in exchange for the prize money (and I would sell it back if you'd like).

I'm excited to see the turnout, and if this competition has enough people entering then I might just host it again with even more prizes!
Soleil
Visit My Farm

Re: Entry Form

Post by Soleil »

Entry Form:
Username(s): camilleon/floralesque
Horses You Are Matching: Horse 1
Link To Your Horse(s):
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: Entry Form

Post by EclipticEnd »

camilleon wrote:Entry Form:
Username(s): camilleon/floralesque
Horses You Are Matching: Horse 1
Link To Your Horse(s):
Thank you for your entry!

You're allowed to alter your entry in the following ways until you're locked in on July 31st:
-You can enter horses for the other prizes
-You can change any of your entries to any of your horses, so long as they fit the requirements

Good luck and thank you for playing!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:26 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:26 pm