The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Spot-light, A contest of Spots! || Winners Announced

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Spot-light, A contest of Spots! || Winners Announced

Post by EclipticEnd »

As per usual, here's the obligatory please don't quote this message, I'm subscribed and this main post is long.

I haven't hosted a contest in a little while, so here we go!

This one's focused on horses with the LP gene, so Leopard/Blanket and Fewspot/Snowcap (and Snowflakes as well). Tobianos spots won't count towards any of the categories and all horses require one of the aforementioned patterns. In this case, I define a spot as a visible circle/oval of color (not white!) on the horse's coat. The spot has to match the horse's base coat color to count; if I counted white spots then a horse with just snowflakes or a little bit of snowcap would 100% win the smallest spot category. Dapples do not count as spots in this case! The horse must have some sort of white surrounding the spot, be it varnish roaning or pattern caused by the LP gene.

That being said, horses of all breeds and colors are welcome! We're looking to showcase different variants of LP spots within the community. Some spots are small, some are large, some are few, and some are many! If you're a breeder of some spotty horses, now's your chance to profit!

There'll be four sections to enter within this contest. Those are: Largest Spot, Smallest Spot, Highest Spot Density, Lowest Spot Density, and Most Snowflakes. Varnish and Bronzing will not be judged.

Prizes will be awarded for first place, second place, and third place. In the event that there's a tie, all tied players will receive the full amount of their placement.

Prizes include money (of course), but also horses. These horses will be from either my freeze account or the Market. There'll be a section in the entry forms asking for your preference in horses; I'll be taking your answers into consideration in the case that you win a horse. You can also refuse a horse if you would like the prize money only. I'll do my best to offer high quality horses only based on any noted conformations as well as HGP, but I won't be able to guarantee heart.

I only ask about Breed and Gender, so feel free to note anything else of value regarding the horses in the form. This could be a color preference and age, for example, or a breeder that you'd like the horse to be from. I won't guarantee that I'll match these things, but I'll take them into consideration.

================================================================================================

Rules
-You must be the breeder of the horse(s)
-You must be the current owner of the horse(s)
-You can enter each section once and only once
-As already noted, Tobiano spots don't count, only LP ones do
-The horse(s) can be any Breed, Gender, or Color
-The horse(s) must be at least 3 years of age and may not be retired
------Retired horses will not be judged and you will not be given a chance to change your entry during judging
-You may change your entry/entries at any point until one day before judging
-Judging is final on completion regardless of your personal opinion of who should win

================================================================================================

LARGEST SPOT || Grand Prize: $1M
The horse with the largest spot will win $1,000,000 in prize money and a random fully trained horse.
Second place will receive $500,000 and a random horse.
Third place will receive $250,000.

The amount of spots on the horse doesn't matter. We'll be looking purely at the largest visible spot on the horse. I'll measure this by taking a screenshot and measuring the number of pixels of the largest spot. Measurements will be taken via the largest length of the spot in any direction, not surface area.

SMALLEST SPOT || Grand Prize: $500k
The horse with the smallest spot will win $500,000 in prize money and a random fully trained horse.
Second place will receive $250,000 and a random horse.
Third place will receive $125,000 and a random horse.

The amount of spots on the horse doesn't matter. We'll be looking purely at the smallest visible spot on the horse. I'll measure this by taking a screenshot. I'll put it in my image editing software and measure the number of pixels of the spot. Measurements will be taken via the largest length of the spot in any direction, not surface area.

I expect there to be multiple ties in this category as a spot can only get so small and I've seen a larger amount of small spots lately, hence the smaller prize pool. However, third place will also receive a horse.

Small reminder: Snowflakes don't count for this category. Spots in this case are spots of color in particular, so the spots that show through the white patterning of the horse.

HIGHEST SPOT DENSITY || Grand Prize: $1M
The horse with the most spots will win $1,000,000 in prize money and a random fully trained horse.

The more spots the horse has and the less room between those spots, the higher the density. This might be a bit tricky to judge, but I'll do my best. I'll probably be eyeballing it a bit; I could use fancy mathematics and calculate the surface area of the white on the horse, and then calculate the surface area of the spots in the white, but... That's a lot of math. Instead I'll be comparing the horses to each other in order to figure it out. I personally would suggest horses with extended patterning to better show off the density of their spots; horses with just a tiny blanket might not rank as well.

For clarification: this is an example of a high density coat, as is this one.

I'm not aiming for the largest blanket or the smallest blanket, but rather how many spots appear in a close cluster; if there's a lot of room between the spots then there's a lower density. If the spots tend to run into each other, then that's a very high density coat. Think of it kind of like the potential for spots; if the horse were completely covered in white, how many spots would it have in comparison to another horse?

LOWEST SPOT DENSITY || Grand Prize: $1M
The horse with the least spots will win $1,000,000 in prize money and a random fully trained horse.

The less spots the horse has and the more room between those spots, the lower the density. Again, I'll be eyeballing this. As a note, your horse will be required to have some white patterning; you can't just enter a solid horse and call it good. This is a competition on spots, after all. Again, I suggest an extended pattern rather than a small bit of white on the back of the horse. They'll be judged based on the lowest presentation of spots shown on their coat.

For clarification: this is an example of a low density coat, as is this one.

I'm not aiming for the largest blanket or the smallest blanket, but rather how many spots appear in a close cluster; if there's a lot of room between the spots then there's a lower density. If the spots tend to run into each other, then that's a very high density coat. Think of it kind of like the potential for spots; if the horse were completely covered in white, how many spots would it have in comparison to another horse?

MOST SNOWFLAKES || Grand Prize: $3M
The horse with the most snowflakes will win $3,000,000 in prize money and a random fully trained horse.
Second place will receive $1,500,000 and a random fully trained horse.
Third place will receive $1,000,000 and a random horse.

And the grand finale, snowflakes! I'm aware that there's some snowflake breeders floating around. This is for you! Show me your most intense presentation of snowflakes for a chance to win! These horses do not require any additional white patterning besides the snowflakes; a solid horse with a shovel full of snow on them is actually preferred as I'll be counting the snowflakes of each horse rather than eyeballing it. This is entirely snowflakes and not white caused by Blanket/Snowcap and their extended forms.

As an additional note, any player who is within the top three of all of the above categories will win an additional $500,00! This means that you've entered and won all of the above sections!

Good luck, everyone, and have fun!

Judging Begins November 15th!
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:39 pm, edited 12 times in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Entries

Post by EclipticEnd »

Largest Spot
Bluerushy, Blueyarrow2 || Link To Horse
Coda and Coda02 || Link To Horse
Gabby_Woodlark, Gabby Woodlark, GabbysPets, Gabbys Pets || Link To Horse

Smallest Spot
Cypress Creek Elites (Tenacious Equines/Tea's Freezer) || Link To Horse
Emlyn & Em's Holding || Link To Horse
horsegirl008~2, horsegirl008 || Link To Horse

Highest Spot Density

Lowest Spot Density
~|Horse Paradise|~ || Link To Horse

Most Snowflakes
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:24 pm, edited 11 times in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Entry Form

Post by EclipticEnd »

Quote me!

Username(s) (Main and Sides):

Largest Spot Entry
Link To Horse:

Smallest Spot Entry
Link To Horse:

Highest Spot Density Entry
Link To Horse:

Lowest Spot Density Entry
Link To Horse:

Most Snowflakes Entry
Link To Horse:

In the case that you win a horse...
Would you like a horse?:
Some people don't really want a random horse, so if you don't then I'll just transfer the money and I won't get you a horse.
Breed Preference:
Gender Preference:

Write Any Comments/Questions Below
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Re: Entry Form

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

EclipticEnd wrote:Quote me!

Username(s) (Main and Sides): Gabby_Woodlark, Gabby Woodlark, GabbysPets, Gabbys Pets

Largest Spot Entry
Link To Horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3615365

Smallest Spot Entry
Link To Horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3702923

Link To Horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3598339 (Would this count? I'm horrible with coloring -_-)

Link To Horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3648616

Most Snowflakes Entry
Link To Horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3702923

Would you like a horse?: Yes, please :)
Some people don't really want a random horse, so if you don't then I'll just transfer the money and I won't get you a horse.
Breed Preference: Mainly Thoroughbreds but anything will do ^^
Gender Preference: Mare

Question for most snowflakes:

Does snowcap/fewspot count as snowflakes? If so, I'll change my entry for that :)
Last edited by Gabby_Woodlark on Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
horsegirl008~2
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008~2 »

Username(s) (Main and Sides): horsegirl008~2, horsegirl008

Largest Spot Entry
Link To Horse:

Smallest Spot Entry
Link To Horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3696664

Link To Horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3703214

Link To Horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3687181

Most Snowflakes Entry
Link To Horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3696664

Would you like a horse?: Yes :)
Breed Preference: Arabian with 69k+ HGP (if mare) or 72k+ HGP (if stallion), but if you don't have any high-HGP Arabs that's totally fine, thanks :D
Gender Preference: stallion

When do the results come out? Also just wanted to say that this looks like a super fun contest - thanks so much for hosting it :mrgreen:
Last edited by horsegirl008~2 on Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:Highest Spot Density Entry
Link To Horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3598339 (Would this count? I'm horrible with coloring -_-)

I'll edit soon with more horses for the other entries, I'm about to make dinner so this is hurried ^^'
Noted, I'll check back later for any updates. Also, that one does indeed count. Spot density is just how many spots there are within an area, so the more spots the horse has the higher the density.
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

horsegirl008~2 wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:Write Any Comments/Questions Below
When do the results come out? Also just wanted to say that this looks like a super fun contest - thanks so much for hosting it :mrgreen:
Results will be out November 15th or 16th; I'm putting plenty of time for people to enter since the prize pools are relatively high, plus breeding the entered horses yourself is a requirement so breeders can keep doing their thing and enter whenever they're ready. I'm glad you like it and thanks for participating!
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:

Username(s) (Main and Sides): Gabby_Woodlark, Gabby Woodlark, GabbysPets, Gabbys Pets

Largest Spot Entry
Link To Horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3603190

Smallest Spot Entry
Link To Horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3566814

Link To Horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3404673

Most Snowflakes Entry
Link To Horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3566814

Would you like a horse?: Yes, please :)
Breed Preference: Mainly Thoroughbreds but anything will do ^^
Gender Preference: Mare

Question for most snowflakes:

Does snowcap/fewspot count as snowflakes? If so, I'll change my entry for that :)
Edited it :)

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:-
Just a quick note: your entries for lowest spot density and smallest spots will have to be changed. Snowflakes don't count for smallest spots and the other wasn't bred by one of your accounts. I've added that clarification to the smallest spots category; it's specifically for spots of color rather than spots of white.
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:-
Just a quick note: your entries for lowest spot density and smallest spots will have to be changed. Snowflakes don't count for smallest spots and the other wasn't bred by one of your accounts. I've added that clarification to the smallest spots category; it's specifically for spots of color rather than spots of white.
Whoops- I'm sorry, I'll change it ASAP, blame my stupid mind :roll:

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:18 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:18 pm