The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Spot-light, A contest of Spots! || Winners Announced

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: Spot-light, A contest of Spots! || Over $6.5M in Prizes

Post by EclipticEnd »

Just another update: judging starts tomorrow! If you haven't already entered or if you want to change your entry, now is the last day to do so.
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

Adding this mare to the class "Lowest Spot Density":

EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Cypress Creek Elites wrote:Adding this mare to the class "Lowest Spot Density":

She's been added to the list. : )
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Announcing the Winners!

Post by EclipticEnd »

It's the 15th, and so it's time to judge the horses! Please don't quote this or you'll ping the other winners.

As per the rules of the competition, any Retired horses will not be able to be judged accurately and will by default tie for whatever the last place is in their categories.

Without further ado, here's the winners!

Largest Spot
This category ended with three entrants. Only one of the horses was not retires, and as such that horse has won by default.

The horse with the largest spot is ~BHB~ Reddening Stockings, entered by Gabby Woodlark. They win $1,000,000 in prize money and a random fully trained horse to be transferred when they're ready.
Second place is taken by 10 to pure adry, entered by Bluerushy and Rosewood Fireball Got Honey, entered by Coda. Both horses are retired and tie for second place, so both owners will receive $500,000 and a random horse.

Smallest Spot
Six horses were entered into the Smallest Spot category. None were retired, so all will be judged accordingly. To judge this I will be taking a screenshot, which will have the horses all shown as the viewing size on their page, and then I will paste the screenshots into my image editing software and use the measuring tool to see how many pixels wide their spots are.

The horse with the smallest spot is MF Seacornchip, entered by Cypress Creek Elites. They win $500,000 in prize money and per their request no horse.
Second place is a tie between Yellow Spark, entered by Bluerushy and REC Lotsa Luck, entered by horsegirl008. They will both receive $250,000 and a random horse.
Third place is Hold, entered by Gabby Woodlark. They will receive $125,000 and a random horse.

Highest Spot Density
This category has six horses entered. Of the six, one is retired and will not place by default. As a reminder, this category is judged by how dense the spotting is on the horse; the more spots shown within the visible white patterning the better.

The horse with the most spots is REC Lotsa Clover, entered by horsegirl008. They win $1,000,000 in prize money and a random fully trained horse.
Second place is ♕ Suspicious Minds, entered by Emlyn. They will receive $500,000 and a random horse.
Tied for Third place are The Yarrow animation, entered by Bluerushy and ♥︎ ᘜᗯ ♥︎ Sprinkled Mask, entered by Gabby Woodlark. They will both receive $250,000.

Lowest Spot Density
Six horses were entered and none of the six are retired. However, three horses did not reach 3 years of age by time of judging and therefore cannot be judged as per the rules. This is because some of their spots outside of the white patterning will not be visible due to lack of varnish, which gradually appears with age. As a reminder, this category is judged by how lightly coated the horse is in spots; the less spots shown within the visible white patterning the better.

The horse with the least spots is Daisy Cakes, entered by Cypress Creek Elites. They win $1,000,000 in prize money and no horse per their request.
Second place is REC Leprechaun, entered by horsegirl008. They will receive $500,000 and a random horse.
Third place is Rosewood Missing Wildflower, entered by Coda. They will receive $250,000.

Most Snowflakes
Three horses were entered into the final category. None are retired, so all will place. This category ignores other spotting on the horse and focuses purely on the amount of snowflakes present.

The horse with the most snowflakes is Hold, entered by Gabby Woodlark. They win $3,000,000 in prize money and a random fully trained horse.
Second place is REC Lotsa Luck, entered by horsegirl008. They will receive $1,500,000 and a random fully trained horse.
Third place is Gray Speckles, entered by Bluerushy. They will receive $1,000,000 and a random horse.

Unfortunately, no one placed in the top three in all categories, and so the bonus prize will not be awarded.

Congratulations winners! Your prize money and horses will be noted below in your quote. If for any reason you do not want a horse (possibly because you've won multiple and don't have room or else because it's not a breed that you want) then please let me know. If it's a breed issue then I'll be happy to offer a horse of a different breed instead.
Bluerushy wrote:Congratulations, you've won $2,000,000 in prize money as well as three horses! Link a rehomable horse for me and I'll transfer the funds. Your horses are: 1 2 3. Let me know when you're currently active/online for a while and I'll put them up for offers.
Funds offered, horse 1 done. ^
Coda wrote:Congratulations, you've won $750,000 in prize money as well as a horse! Link a rehomable horse for me and I'll transfer the funds. Your horse is: 1. Let me know when you're currently active/online for a while and I'll put her up for offers.
Done. ^
Cypress Creek Elites wrote:Congratulations, you've won $1,500,000 in prize money! Link a rehomable horse for me and I'll transfer the funds.
Done. ^
Emlyn wrote:Congratulations, you've won $500,000 in prize money as well as a horse! Link a rehomable horse for me and I'll transfer the funds. Your horse is: 1. Let me know when you're currently active/online for a while and I'll put them up for offers.
Done, didn't want the prizes. : ) ^
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:Congratulations, you've won $4,375,000 in prize money as well as two fully trained horses! Link a rehomable horse for me and I'll transfer the funds. Your horses are: 1 2. Let me know when you're currently active/online for a while and I'll put them up for offers.
Done. ^
horsegirl008 wrote:Congratulations, you've won $3,250,000 in prize money as well as two fully trained horses and two random ones! Link a rehomable horse for me and I'll transfer the funds. Your horses are: 1 2 3 4. Let me know when you're currently active/online for a while and I'll put them up for offers.
Done. ^
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Re: Spot-light, A contest of Spots! || Winners Announced

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote: Congratulations, you've won $4,375,000 in prize money as well as two fully trained horses! Link a rehomable horse for me and I'll transfer the funds. Your horses are: 1 2. Let me know when you're currently active/online for a while and I'll put them up for offers.
Oh my word :shock: I legit won the most, tysm :o

I keep thinking I almost placed in the top three for all of them, but barely missed \_0_/

Again, tysm, you can offer on your gal once I finish with her training <3

(PS: I love how one of the horses I won was trained by me xD)

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:
Oh my word :shock: I legit won the most, tysm :o

I keep thinking I almost placed in the top three for all of them, but barely missed \_0_/

Again, tysm, you can offer on your gal once I finish with her training <3

(PS: I love how one of the horses I won was trained by me xD)
Will do. I'll put your two horses up for offers since I'm reasonably sure you'll offer on them before anyone else responds.

I'll keep an eye on her and offer when I see her up. : )
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

EclipticEnd wrote:Ping
No need for giving me a prize I just entered for fun :3
Thank you so much for hosting!
Coda
Visit My Farm

Post by Coda »

Thank you so much