The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Christmas Unicorn!!

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
shadowheart2006
Visit My Farm

Christmas Unicorn!!

Post by shadowheart2006 »

Hey y'all! The Christmas Unicorn is back for the third year in a row!! Very exciting times my friends :lol:

The horse, the myth, the legend himself:
.:من الظلال:. Christmas Unicorn!

Now, you may be asking yourself "What is this Unicorn thingy? Why do I care that this person has a greyed out grinder with a unicorn horn??"
Well, you should care, because the Christmas Unicorn is here to hand out gifts!

Gift list! (These are not all of the potential gifts, you can ask for things that aren't on this list, or more specific things like a specific horse breed, an amount of money, etc. These are just suggestions of things that you could ask for :) )
- A free trained horse (from one of my farms, I will choose this horse at random unless you have a specific breed/color request)
- A free training of a horse you own (done by me!)
- A free horse from the market that maybeeee you've had your eye on for a while but don't want to spend the money to buy :lol:
- A free studding to any of my studs (you'll have to find the stud, sorry)
- A free custom foal from any two of my horses or one of my horses with one of your horses (once again, you find the horses)
- Money, can be a specific amount or not
- 600 PT - I cannot guarantee that I will be able to do this; I want to be able to do it for everyone who asks for it in order to keep things fair, but I can't spend the money to buy it for 20 people. You can certainly put this on your list, but it is at my discretion as to if this happens or not.

A few short rules (I know they're no fun but I don't want to have a negative interaction with someone because I didn't list my expectations for communication :roll: ;) )
1. No begging please, I promise I will do my best to make sure everyone is happy, but in the end you get what you get. If you really don't like it, you can always politely pass on receiving it :)
a. Going along with this, I am working very hard to make this fun little giveaway for the community, and if all you do is complain because you didn't get the exact gift you wanted, it will make me very sad. Please don't make me sad. No one wants to see that :lol:

2. Please don't use multiple accounts to get more gifts than everyone else. That's just rude.
3. Please be patient! I will try to get everything handed out or at least set up and ready to be handed out by the set date, but things come up.
4. You will have up to 2 weeks and 2 pings after the date that I hand out gifts to pick them up, if you do not they will be kept by me or disposed of in a manner that I feel appropriate.

That's it! I will do my best to get everyone something from their list that they will enjoy, but I may not be able to get everything on your list or even, unlikely but still possible, I may not find anything on your list. If either of these things happens, please be a good sport and remember that I am human, and I also do have limited time and resources and can't spend hours searching the market for that one specific horse that you have to have :lol: . I will definitely still find something that I think you will enjoy, even if I cannot find anything on your list!

Not really a rule but I think it's worth mentioning: You do not have to celebrate Christmas to receive gifts! The Christmas Unicorn is a horse. He doesn't care if you celebrate Christmas or not, he just likes giving gifts, and so do I :D .

Now for the fun part:

Copy and paste this into a post and fill it out and I'll get to gift getting :D!

Code: Select all

[quote="shadowheart2006"]...[/quote]
Gift list: 
What's your favorite thing about the Holiday season?:
Anything else you want me to know? (You could put a Christmas pun here, I love puns):
Gifts will (hopefully) be handed out on December 22nd. Happy gift-listing!
There have been very generous offers of free studdings to the following players horses:
- hdmcminn's Quarter Horses or Appaloosas
- Estonian Holding's Thoroughbreds or Torics
- rosie0922's Gypsy Vanners, Cross Country or Show Jumpers, Indian Countrybreds, or Sella Italianos

I would also like to give a huge thanks to rosie0299 for offering to help out by buying PT for a couple people :D

Gift Requests:
Heartland2001
Gabby Woodlark
EclipticEnd
horsegirl008~2
Sea Fire
Iris Rock Stables
Frisb
Sunshadow Ranch
ShilohRose - Gypsy Vanner from rosie
Mini Horse Breeder
ImaCountryGirl
Last edited by shadowheart2006 on Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings.
If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts.

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.
rosie0922
Visit My Farm

Re: Christmas Unicorn!!

Post by rosie0922 »

shadowheart2006 wrote:
Hey y'all! The Christmas Unicorn is back for the third year in a row!! Very exciting times my friends :lol:

Now, you may be asking yourself "What is this Unicorn thingy? Why do I care that this person has a greyed out grinder with a unicorn horn??"

Gift list! (These are not all of the potential gifts, you can ask for things that aren't on this list, or more specific things like a specific horse breed, an amount of money, etc. These are just suggestions of things that you could ask for :) )
- A free trained horse (from one of my farms, I will choose this horse at random unless you have a specific breed/color request)
- A free horse from the market that maybeeee you've had your eye on for a while but don't want to spend the money to buy :lol:
- A free custom foal from any two of my horses or one of my horses with one of your horses (once again, you find the horses)
- 600 PT - I cannot guarantee that I will be able to do this; I want to be able to do it for everyone who asks for it in order to keep things fair, but I can't spend the money to buy it for 20 people. You can certainly put this on your list, but it is at my discretion as to if this happens or not.

A few short rules (I know they're no fun but I don't want to have a negative interaction with someone because I didn't list my expectations for communication :roll: ;) )
1. No begging please, I promise I will do my best to make sure everyone is happy, but in the end you get what you get. If you really don't like it, you can always politely pass on receiving it :)
a. Going along with this, I am working very hard to make this fun little giveaway for the community, and if all you do is complain because you didn't get the exact gift you wanted, it will make me very sad. Please don't make me sad. No one wants to see that :lol:

2. Please don't use multiple accounts to get more gifts than everyone else. That's just rude.
3. Please be patient! I will try to get everything handed out or at least set up and ready to be handed out by the set date, but things come up.
4. You will have up to 2 weeks and 2 pings after the date that I hand out gifts to pick them up, if you do not they will be kept by me or disposed of in a manner that I feel appropriate.

That's it! I will do my best to get everyone something from their list that they will enjoy, but I may not be able to get everything on your list or even, unlikely but still possible, I may not find anything on your list. If either of these things happens, please be a good sport and remember that I am human, and I also do have limited time and resources and can't spend hours searching the market for that one specific horse that you have to have :lol: . I will definitely still find something that I think you will enjoy, even if I cannot find anything on your list!

Not really a rule but I think it's worth mentioning: You do not have to celebrate Christmas to receive gifts! The Christmas Unicorn is a horse. He doesn't care if you celebrate Christmas or not, he just likes giving gifts, and so do I :D .

Now for the fun part:

Copy and paste this into a post and fill it out and I'll get to gift getting :D!

Gift list: 
Anything else you want me to know? (You could put a Christmas pun here, I love puns):
What a fun idea! A group of us were chatting and we would love to offer free studdings as well if that's what people choose: hdmcminn's Quarter Horses or Appaloosas (on her side ramcminn), Estonian Holding's Thoroughbreds or Torics, or my Gypsy Vanners, Cross Country or Show Jumpers, Indian Countrybreds, or Sella Italianos (those held on my sides: rosie0922Holding and rosie0922Holding2) :D
Heartland2001
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

shadowheart2006 wrote:...
Gift list:
1.Pt if you could do pt that would make me the happiest person ever
2. i have also always wanted a buhutia stallion to breed to my mares that i have frozen
3. and if you cant find any of those im good with just some money
What's your favorite thing about the Holiday season?: sleigh rides always love the big draft horses that pull the sleighs
Anything else you want me to know? (You could put a Christmas pun here, I love puns): thank you so much for doings this it really brings out the Christmas spirit You’re sleigh-in’ it.
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

Gift list:
1. PT (Reason: I've been really grinding for it lately and my grinders aren't pulling through, so this would be amazing)
2. A free training of a horse I own (Reason: Bro I have wayy too many grinder foals and just don't have the time anymore to train)
3. Anything (Reason: Anything would make me happy this holiday season xD)
What's your favorite thing about the Holiday season?: Hmmm... Probably when I go shopping for presents and such :lol:
Anything else you want me to know? (You could put a Christmas pun here, I love puns): Did you know that the Christmas tree trend started because people thought it would spruce things up a bit? (Get it, spruce? Lol that's one of my faves)

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Gift list:
1. Pony Tokens
2. A trained horse
3. Money's always nice; no set amount in mind
What's your favorite thing about the Holiday season?: Snow. Don't get me wrong, the lights are gorgeous and I love peppermint flavored things, but nothing's more peaceful than some big, fluffy snowflakes gently falling down in a not-quite-blizzard.
Anything else you want me to know? (You could put a Christmas pun here, I love puns): If too many people ask for PT then don't worry about me; I don't mind since I've been doing relatively well at grinding for them. Horse-wise I don't have a specific breed or color in mind. Roans are nice? So are Roan Duns? But really anything works. I'd prefer something either High Strung or stuck at Bombproof so that I don't have to worry about temperament changes. I'll probably use any trained horse as a grinder. I think this is brrr-illiant!
shadowheart2006
Visit My Farm

Post by shadowheart2006 »

rosie0922 wrote:
shadowheart2006 wrote:

Now for the fun part:

Gift list: 
What a fun idea! A group of us were chatting and we would love to offer free studdings as well if that's what people choose: hdmcminn's Quarter Horses or Appaloosas (on her side ramcminn), Estonian Holding's Thoroughbreds or Torics, or my Gypsy Vanners, Cross Country or Show Jumpers, Indian Countrybreds, or Sella Italianos (those held on my sides: rosie0922Holding and rosie0922Holding2) :D
That's so generous! I'll put your offer on the gift list, thank you so much! :D
The price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings.
If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts.

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.
horsegirl008~2
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008~2 »

Gift list:
1. Pony Tokens :D No big deal if you can't get them, I understand!
2. A free training of one of my horses
3. A free horse from the market
My favorite thing about the Holiday season is either the youth Christmas party we do at my church every year (we play White Elephant and it is SO fun!) or Christmas morning - not just because of the gifts, but also because of the traditions with family and everything :D
Thank you for hosting this - it is such a fun way to celebrate the holiday season! But wait, there's "myrrh": tell the Christmas Unicorn that I love his pasture :lol:
Sea Fire
Visit My Farm

Post by Sea Fire »

Gift list:
1. anything but preferably a free training I have been breeding racing TB's let me tell you thats a lot of money in training...
2. anythings fine
3. anythings fine
What's your favorite thing about the Holiday season?: oo idk umm hanging out with my family and all the fun surprise of opening presents
Anything else you want me to know? (You could put a Christmas pun here, I love puns): snow thank you, your just in the Nick of time... :lol:
Iris Rock Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Iris Rock Stables »

shadowheart2006 wrote:Christmas Unicorn
Gift list:
1. 600 pt (I really loved premium and want to do some training :lol:)
2. 60 speed TB, trained would be nice but if it's not trained, I'm not going to complain.
3. (Don't really have anything else I want lol)
What's your favorite thing about the Holiday season?: Family and presents!
Anything else you want me to know? (You could put a Christmas pun here, I love puns): Don’t be rude-olph this holiday season! I sleigh during the holidays!

Followed your color pattern for fun :D
Frisb
Visit My Farm

Post by Frisb »

shadowheart2006
Gift List:
1. PT if possible, it's alright if not.
2. A free training if your able to do that
3. 64+ Speed thoroughbred. [Doesn't need to be trained - Gender doesn't matter]
What's your favourite thing about the holiday season?: The snow and ice, I love going down hills on sleds and going ice skating. Plus it just looks so beautiful, I love the lights as well.
Last edited by Frisb on Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit and freedom" ~Sharon Rals Lemon/b]
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:38 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:38 pm