The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

That Moment When...

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: That Moment When...

Post by BlackOak2 »

Studz wrote:i took months to breed sanhes and anadolu pownies :( i forgot to check if it was a quest .. twice.
all that work for nothing hahah
:lol: You're still in good company! I tried breeding a quest that I thought was open... and it wasn't. And also took about a month to breed a quest... that was already done.

If they were all open at the start, many of us likely would have them already done by now. Though I find it rather irritating that some won't open when you want them to, it also offers another level of difficulty without actually offering an impossible mountain to climb.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Showtym
Visit My Farm

Post by Showtym »

That moment when...
You breed a whole lot of mare because you need new broodmares and you get 6 colts out of 6 mares

You want to scream and hurl the screen. So if you want any Arabian colts, your welcome.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Arabmania wrote:That moment when...
You breed a whole lot of mare because you need new broodmares and you get 6 colts out of 6 mares

You want to scream and hurl the screen. So if you want any Arabian colts, your welcome.
:lol:
Many of us, I'm sure, feel for you. We've been there too. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

Tjigra wrote:On the same note...
That moment when you breed a 16.3hh mare to a 15.1hh stud, hoping to get somewhere around 16hh foal (9.something at birth).
The foal is born, and it's 28".
And then you breed a 17.2hh mare to a 15.2hh stud, hoping again for a 9.something at birth.
And the resulting foal is born 11.2hh. (on the first approximation, she'll end up way over 19hh). There hasn't been a horse this big in that line for generations! And she's too nice otherwise to just give up on her :(
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Tjigra wrote:
Tjigra wrote:On the same note...
That moment when you breed a 16.3hh mare to a 15.1hh stud, hoping to get somewhere around 16hh foal (9.something at birth).
The foal is born, and it's 28".
And then you breed a 17.2hh mare to a 15.2hh stud, hoping again for a 9.something at birth.
And the resulting foal is born 11.2hh. (on the first approximation, she'll end up way over 19hh). There hasn't been a horse this big in that line for generations! And she's too nice otherwise to just give up on her :(
Sometimes it really does just make you want to cry. :cry:

:D At least you know what your horses have. If height is the only major issue...
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

That moment when you suddenly have a lightbulb moment as you're scrolling through the breed's wiki....

"i'm going to create 'x' horse'.....

you start out ambitiously listing down a "recipie tree'
1hr later... you're still doing listing out horse breeds - and now, its starting to get quite long, with some breeds requiring 10+ generations before you get to the adoption centre horses...
still later, you've become quite fluent in writing out some breeds ;)

EXAMPLE: 5. Percheron - [Norman Cob] x [Forest Horse x Belgian]
6. Norman Cob - [Tarpan x Belgian] x Forest Horse x Belgian]
7. Tarpan - Adoption Centre
7. Belgian - Adoption Centre
7. Forest Horse - Adoption Centre

you begin to loose count of how many times youve written the words "TB, Andulasion, Caspain, Forest, Arab, Sorraia, WAB, and so on....

suddenly - the "small" brainwave project isn't so small or easy at all... (and you realise that it will, in fact, have to wait until you've cleared some other projects off your list.......

hmmmm.....
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale Ranch wrote:That moment when you suddenly have a lightbulb moment as you're scrolling through the breed's wiki....

"i'm going to create 'x' horse'.....

you start out ambitiously listing down a "recipie tree'
1hr later... you're still doing listing out horse breeds - and now, its starting to get quite long, with some breeds requiring 10+ generations before you get to the adoption centre horses...
still later, you've become quite fluent in writing out some breeds ;)

EXAMPLE: 5. Percheron - [Norman Cob] x [Forest Horse x Belgian]
6. Norman Cob - [Tarpan x Belgian] x Forest Horse x Belgian]
7. Tarpan - Adoption Centre
7. Forest Horse - Adoption Centre

you begin to loose count of how many times youve written the words "TB, Andulasion, Caspain, Forest, Arab, Sorraia, WAB, and so on....

suddenly - the "small" brainwave project isn't so small or easy at all... (and you realise that it will, in fact, have to wait until you've cleared some other projects off your list.......

hmmmm.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:|
:lol: :lol:
:mrgreen:

:oops: *raises hand slowly to indicate being in that boat too*
:roll: Such is the fun we have here on HWO! :D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

That moment when...

You have a black foal... Okay... fine. Black is a great color. Nice and simple gene lineup.
And you look at the gallery image and just like most black foals, they tend to look much like a dark-colored horse at night... you can see them, but the almost blend in.... almost.

Then you take another image after they blow their foal coat and later you look back in their gallery, and you realize the ONLY visible parts is the end of the nose, barely the eye and the hooves. They have COMPLETELY disappeared within the black background of the gallery.

And you're like... :| :roll:

Those gallery images do serve a purpose for watching growth and changes through the horse's lifetime, at least for me. Such a melding with the background offers nothing for this.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2328242

But I do find it kind of funny, in that want-to-make-you-cry type of way.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
ST0RM
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by ST0RM »

Royale Ranch wrote:That moment when... you run out of turns...

1. patiently go through and enter all suitable horses in relevant comp's while you're waiting for 1 more turn

10 minutes later, you finally earn a single turn, only to not earn another (thanks, grinder...)

2. Scroll through the forum in the hopes that someone has posted something new since you looked last time

Eventually, another turn arrives. Perhaps this time you earn one more turn, but that's it.

3. go through the market (and buy horses that you really don't need)
4. go through the top horses section, take another look at the forum.. and it goes on... and on....

When all you want to do is get another 4 turns so your foals will be born....

(and by now, i should have another turn...hopefully!
Same here (ALL THE TIME) and your lucky you are Premium. 6 turns take 2 hours here. :cry:
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus »

ST0RM wrote:
Royale Ranch wrote:That moment when... you run out of turns...

1. patiently go through and enter all suitable horses in relevant comp's while you're waiting for 1 more turn

10 minutes later, you finally earn a single turn, only to not earn another (thanks, grinder...)

2. Scroll through the forum in the hopes that someone has posted something new since you looked last time

Eventually, another turn arrives. Perhaps this time you earn one more turn, but that's it.

3. go through the market (and buy horses that you really don't need)
4. go through the top horses section, take another look at the forum.. and it goes on... and on....

When all you want to do is get another 4 turns so your foals will be born....

(and by now, i should have another turn...hopefully!
Same here (ALL THE TIME) and your lucky you are Premium. 6 turns take 2 hours here. :cry:
I KNOW! Even tho i'm premium
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
~W.C. Fields
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:39 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:39 pm