The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Horse Gaining TONS of Weight

HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Horse Gaining TONS of Weight

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

So it has been happening for a while but I am majorly confused. One of my horses keeps gaining weight when I have set his feed to be 36%. A notification will pop up saying that he is not eating enough for his energy and yet I cannot keep him at any other weight than "Very fat". He is 92% Polish Arabian and I have only had problems with his breed. Any help is appreciated.

Colt

~ HOF 2

Update: His mother also is frozen at the weight of "Moderately Fleshy" and her notification says the same.
Colt's Mom
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse Gaining TONS of Weight

Post by BlackOak2 »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:So it has been happening for a while but I am majorly confused. One of my horses keeps gaining weight when I have set his feed to be 36%. A notification will pop up saying that he is not eating enough for his energy and yet I cannot keep him at any other weight than "Very fat". He is 92% Polish Arabian and I have only had problems with his breed. Any help is appreciated.

~ HOF 2

Update: His mother also is frozen at the weight of "Moderately Fleshy" and her notification says the same.

If you have worked at trying to get them to loose weight, even putting them in the barn and feeding them literally nothing, and they still won't loose weight, then it's most likely the feeding glitch. It's rare, but there are some horses that face this. There is nothing we can do.
However, it isn't supposed to be and hasn't yet been seen to be 'genetically' linked. So having a parent and an offspring both with the same problem is both peculiar and rare.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Purple Lightning
Visit My Farm

Post by Purple Lightning »

You aren't alone - I've had two horses so far (that I know of, since I was trying to show them) that had this glitch. It's annoying when it's a horse you want to show because it affects their score!
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:So it has been happening for a while but I am majorly confused. One of my horses keeps gaining weight when I have set his feed to be 36%. A notification will pop up saying that he is not eating enough for his energy and yet I cannot keep him at any other weight than "Very fat". He is 92% Polish Arabian and I have only had problems with his breed. Any help is appreciated.

Colt

~ HOF 2

Colt's Mom
Did you try putting them into a barn and feeding them nothing like BlackOak2 suggested?
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

BlackOak2 wrote:Response
Yes, I have done what I can and found it be odd. But I do think that maybe it is genetically linked since the mom is also stuck. Thank you for the help though.

PeacefulOreo wrote:Barn and feeding nothing
I have tried that he still gains weight like crazy.

Purple Lightning wrote:Same issue
It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

~ HOF 2
mora098
Visit My Farm

Post by mora098 »

BlackOak2 wrote:

~ HOF 2

If you have worked at trying to get them to loose weight, even putting them in the barn and feeding them literally nothing, and they still won't loose weight, then it's most likely the feeding glitch. It's rare, but there are some horses that face this. There is nothing we can do.
However, it isn't supposed to be and hasn't yet been seen to be 'genetically' linked. So having a parent and an offspring both with the same problem is both peculiar and rare.
I agree with you, I've also spoken to Tom about this when it happened to one of my horses a while ago and he said it wasn't genetically linked so I'd say it's just a rare coincidence this time.
Dressage,racing and brandenburgers breeder, contact me through the forum or PM if you need me :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:24 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:24 pm