The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

What things are going to be looking like in the future for me

PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

What things are going to be looking like in the future for me

Post by PeacefulOreo »

So school will be starting up on August 25th, 2020. This school is a school I'm basically "interning" at, as the short explanation, for animal veterinary science. Because of this, I may or may not be on this game as often, I don't know what to expect as this is my first time and my family's first time of working with the school I'll be attending at this fall. So far, the school is requiring everyone to wear either a face shield or a mask and requiring us to practice social distancing as much as possible. I do plan to continue all band activities this year (we, the rest of the band and I, recently had a change of band directors for this coming school year. The previous one had been at the school long enough that they had taught two of my three older siblings and taught me up until recently).

So the long explanation of the "new school" (the one I'm going to be going to this fall) and my "old school" (the school that I've been at for years) is that the two schools are connected. My "old school" lets their students go to school at the other school, the "new school", to attend a variety of the hands on labs that the "old school" can't provide (cosmetology, culinary, and animal veterinary science are just a few of the hands on things they do). Though the students who go to the "new school" still represent the "old school" like in sports and still graduate through the "old school". So even if I'm going to the "new school", I still represent the "old school" in sports and when I graduate. The "new school" will have us take only the required classes to graduate and then do the rest of the day with our hands on labs. The regular required classes (classes like Math, science, English, etc.) will happen and I will get to leave early because I'm also in band.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Re: What things are going to be looking like in the future for me

Post by PeacefulOreo »

So for the animal veterinary science, I need to have my own stethoscope, scrubs, overalls, and muck boots. I just got the stethoscope today and hopefully sometime next week I'll go shopping for the rest of the stuff.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

That's a lot like a vocational school. I went to one when I was in high school myself. But it also sounds like a pre-college style. Good luck!

We'll see you again when you come around with free time. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

BlackOak2 wrote:That's a lot like a vocational school. I went to one when I was in high school myself. But it also sounds like a pre-college style. Good luck!

We'll see you again when you come around with free time. :mrgreen:
Cool! :D

Yeah, we'll see how much free time I get every week
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

An update is that the "new school" is pushing their starting date back from August 25th to August 31st.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Update

I have decided to quit band.

I had my first day today. It went very well. The teacher had us do the afternoon animal care after talking to us about the animals, rules, expectations, and after giving us a tour of the lab.
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
Update

I had my first day today. It went very well. The teacher had us do the afternoon animal care after talking to us about the animals, rules, expectations, and after giving us a tour of the lab.
This all sounds very cool!

A bit of a pity that you quit band but probably a good idea with COVID - my school still does band but it's small, done by grade and we have a few metres between us.

Good luck!
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Malakai10 wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:
Update

This all sounds very cool!

A bit of a pity that you quit band but probably a good idea with COVID - my school still does band but it's small, done by grade and we have a few metres between us.

Good luck!
Yeah the COVID-19 stuff has really messed things up. Band would've been on just like 3 days every week but at different times so I would've had to miss like 90% of the practice on one day at least.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Sounds interesting and great! I remember my agriscience class. It was the part of the day that I found I could really breath.
Hah! Yeah... Not intended to be a joke. :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

BlackOak2 wrote:Sounds interesting and great! I remember my agriscience class. It was the part of the day that I found I could really breath.
Hah! Yeah... Not intended to be a joke. :D
Yup! I'm so far liking it :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:18 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:18 am